Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Briosafreak Sells Out to the Man

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
That at least convinced me that both are whores ;)

Fez

Erudite
Ausir said:
All the copypasted stuff has been removed from the Planet Fallout wiki, and Briosafreak assured me that it wasn't added there by any of the staff.

By the way, taking the content aside, IGN's wiki engine sucks donkey balls.

Also, wikis are a default feature of all new IGN/GameSpy sites.

Even if they don't directly copy paste it then you can bet people will be using the material there to make their own, even if they re-write it enough so that it doesn't look like it's a direct copy.

Mr. Teatime

Liturgist
Quite aside from running a 'Bethsoft endorsed' Fallout site, hosted by IGN - as if that's going to be independent - if it were me who they'd asked to run it, I'd have made the wiki thing a deal breaker, out of respect.

Anyway, I guess I've said what I wanted to say on the subject. Leaves a bad taste in the mouth, pun only half intended.

Kingston

Arcane
I lack the wit to put something hilarious here
Mr. Teatime said:
Quite aside from running a 'Bethsoft endorsed' Fallout site, hosted by IGN - as if that's going to be independent - if it were me who they'd asked to run it, I'd have made the wiki thing a deal breaker, out of respect.

Anyway, I guess I've said what I wanted to say on the subject. Leaves a bad taste in the mouth, pun only half intended.

I think you're a bit too butthurt. Good on Brios for making a job out of a hobby. The Vault will always remain the place to go, anyway.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Ausir said:
All the copypasted stuff has been removed...
... and will be added back in shortly. Such is the nature of the wiki. Planet Fallout wiki should just re-direct to The Vault. Why does the world need two Fallout wiki's which are just going to copy-paste information from each other anyway?

Ausir

Arcane

Actually, IGN also wanted me to join the site's staff - but only if I abandoned The Vault to work on their wiki instead, which was of course out of the question.

Ausir

Arcane
Also, me and Briosa (and the rest of the staff, as well as Wikia people) tried to convince the IGN people that it'd be better to create a GameSpy-themed version of The Vault at Wikia instead of their own wiki, just like e.g. this Gamespot-themed version of Halopedia:

http://halo-gamespot.wikia.com/

Compare to the default version:

http://halo.wikia.com/

But they were determined to have a wiki of their own instead. So you can't blame Briosafreak or Blinzler, they did try to find a compromise that would please everyone.

Pastel

Scholar
Wiki incident aside, why is Briosafreak working on a Fallout 3 fansite anyway?

xuerebx

Erudite
Pastel said:
Wiki incident aside, why is Briosafreak working on a Fallout 3 fansite anyway?

Because maybe he's liking the game and doesn't give a shit what a couple of people over here think about the game?

Good job to him, I'd go along and do anything as long as it benefits me in some way.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
Ausir said:
But they were determined to have a wiki of their own instead.
So you tell 'em to fuck off and if they start nicking content from your wiki, you'll sign them up for spam or something.

Ausir said:
So you can't blame Briosafreak or Blinzler, they did try to find a compromise that would please everyone.
Sure we can. They sold out. They didn't stick to their principles. They had enough money thrown at them that thought sure, why not? We all know both wiki's are going to be copy-paste's of each other anyway.

xuerebx

Erudite
I'd work with EA if they show me enough money. Not an impossible feat as they're moving quite close to where I live.

Wazaaa.

Skankster

Novice
xuerebx said:
I'd work with EA if they show me enough money. Not an impossible feat as they're moving quite close to where I live.

Wazaaa.

Would you let Pete Hines give you a dirty Sanchez for money?

St. Toxic

Arcane
Can't people at least pretend they have principles? It bugs me, just a little, how integrity is generally noted down as an excuse for being a bad businessman, and how that's an ok definition way' most people figure it.

Shannow

Waster of Time
xuerebx said:
Everything has a price.
No, it doesn't.

Now, I don't think that "working for Bethesda" is something that deserves to be put on a moral level with child killing, etc. But I also don't know how much Brios will have to do that goes against his opinions/principals/whaterver. If you end up doing something for money that you morally despise you are a whore. And no cool "I'm a pimp" (when did they become cool? US American culture really sucks.) will change that.

Anyway, no skin off my back. Just wanted to support St. Toxic.

xuerebx

Erudite
Nah I meant money can buy me if it's the right price. Yes I'm a filthy, dirty, ugly whore.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
There actually was a reality TV show concept that had people being tested on how much money it would take for them to do disgusting things (eg, using the pubic hair of a dirty midget to clean their teeth).

The show only had a pilot made that never aired.

Mr. Teatime

Liturgist
I can't imagine he's getting paid that much to do it, but yeah. I doubt he'd jump at the chance of running a non-independent fansite for FO 3 if they didn't offer him money to do so.

I don't know what I'd do in that situation. After all, it's only a game, and if the money was right... but, as I say, I can't see it being much more than pennies they're paying Brios.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
Which begs the question... Why do it at all? Briosafreak needs to explain for the good of the Fallout Community and the future of mankind.

GameSpy said:
When it comes to Fallout fans, ignorance, stupidity and arrogance is bad combination, because this is a community that has all of those. Since I've already opened the door there, they're loathsome human beings, who I hope really get a horrible disease and die.
Why would a Fallout fan want to work with people who apparently want him to die?

And if GameSpy hates them so much, why employ their aid in the first place?
Answer: Because it's much better to use the ones you hate than to just kill them off.

Rosh

Erudite
Briosafreak said:
No, every new Gamespy site now has one of those man, it wasn't my idea. And DU is the whore, I'm the pimp :codexdevil:

What really surprises me is the Fallout community having anything to do with LameSpy after their bullshit in regards to DAC.

In the immortal words of The Monarch from Venture Bros.:

DICK MOVE!

:twisted:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom