Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Broken Sword Director's Cut

Just found out it is out for PC. Has anyone played it? I plan to remove it from inventory as soon as I get home.

Bruticis

Haven't tried it yet but plan on doing so. It's on sale for 5 bucks (not as cheap as your deal, but still not too bad) at Impulse this week.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Never liked the Broken Sword games, but is this director's cut for the first game? I thought it already had a director's cut/special edition thing?

edit: New art by Dave Gibbons. Well, shit, I'll have to check it out then.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Andyman Messiah said:
Never liked the Broken Sword games,

See I actually enjoyed them (The First 2, the 3rd one is shit. I've certainly played better ones) but overall they were an OK experience. Plus I really love conspiracy type of themes as well, and mix in the Knights Templar = a neat idea. Puzz;es were ok and a few were FFFFUUUUUUU!

Just curious why you never liked them?

zeitgeist

Magister
The game includes extra story elements and settings dealing with Nico and her investigation of a murder and the truth about her father. It also features hand-drawn illustrations and animations by artist Dave Gibbons.
Sounds good, now if they only remade the ugly 3D ones with proper 2D graphics too.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Jaesun said:
It's a combo of some of the most boring characters ever created in a very dull, slow-moving and unengaging story. Graphics-wise it's one of the best looking adventure games, but that's also all it has in my opinion. I've taken naps more exciting than Broken Sword.

JohnBeloe

Novice
Andyman Messiah said:
Jaesun said:
It's a combo of some of the most boring characters ever created in a very dull, slow-moving and unengaging story. Graphics-wise it's one of the best looking adventure games, but that's also all it has in my opinion. I've taken naps more exciting than Broken Sword.

Bro, you have such bad taste. It was a charming little game.

Also, it was deffinately more exciting then the books written by Dan Brown. Yes, even though it was childish.

Also, op is an idiot. Why pirate a 5 dollars game? It is not like revolution software is not scrambling around to keep on their feet...

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Jaesun said:
Andyman Messiah said:
Never liked the Broken Sword games,

See I actually enjoyed them (The First 2, the 3rd one is shit. I've certainly played better ones) but overall they were an OK experience. Plus I really love conspiracy type of themes as well, and mix in the Knights Templar = a neat idea. Puzz;es were ok and a few were FFFFUUUUUUU!

I liked them (only played 2 and 3) because they were some of the only adventure games of more 'recent' times(not including those from the golden age of late 80's-early 90's) that I managed to work out without needing a guide for some ridiculously obscure puzzle.

JohnBeloe said:
Also, op is an idiot. Why pirate a 5 dollars game? It is not like revolution software is not scrambling around to keep on their feet...

I thought "NOT removing from inventory" was pirating the game and the OP states the opposite. Unless he doesn't know how the meme works......

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Hah, played the DS version. I assume this is the same shit. That is, it's shit. New story segments suck, new drawings suck plus it has the "slide some shapes around" puzzle to open a door. Not once, but twice. For the same door.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
FeelTheRads said:
Hah, played the DS version. I assume this is the same shit. That is, it's shit. New story segments suck, new drawings suck plus it has the "slide some shapes around" puzzle to open a door. Not once, but twice. For the same door.
Welp, sounds like I won't feel bad skipping on this one then.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Just tried it, though, it's indeed the same as on the DS, with the difference that the crappy new drawings I was talking about are not included... and those were the portraits that appeared when there was a dialog or when one of the characters described the objects. Those were so terrible I can't believe Gibbons did them. Otherwise, the couple of new areas look like they could have been in the game from the start.

Quilty

Magister
I honestly can't remember anything from the plot of BS 1 and 2, but I loved the art in those games, and the music was exceptionally atmospheric. The new art in the Director's Cut doesn't fit the theme of the previous games somehow, and looks out of place.

They should have remade the third part in 2D and dropped the shitty action scenes and block-pushing. God, those were abominable. Fuck your Lara Croft, let me enjoy my placid adventuring without stacking one hundred boxes or evading bullets.

free999enigma

Learned
20 Years had passed since Broken Sword The Shadow of the Templars was released and for my colleague this game is a masterpiece of gaming.

For you Guys, is this game a masterpiece? What is your opinion?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom