Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Call of Duty: Gay Space Marines

Achilles

Arcane
The gay part is not yet set in stone, but the space marines presumably are. According to rumors (apparently from trustworthy sources) the next Call of Duty will ditch the modern setting and go the space opera route. Link:

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/31410/Analysis_What_Lies_Ahead_For_Call_of_Duty.php

I think it would be a welcome change. Thoughts, Codex?

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Huh. I was starting to wonder when they'd finish "jumping the shark" (I hate that expression) and go the Halo route.

Dire Roach

Prophet
Battlefield series did it, so sure, why not. The important question is, what kind of moles would be popped in "CoD: IN SPACE!"? Space Nazis? Space Russians? Starship Troopers-esque bugs?

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Don't really care about the whole franchise but it's always heart-warming to read comments damning the former Infinity Ward people as egoistical money-hungry fools that got what they deserved when Kotick decided to withhold their bonuses and shaft the whole dev-team. Just what the world needs - more publisher apologists!

MetalCraze

Arcane
it's always heart-warming to read comments damning the former Infinity Ward people as egoistical money-hungry fools that got what they deserved when Kotick decided to withhold their bonuses and shaft the whole dev-team.
Indeed they did.

Achilles

Arcane
It's hard to feel sympathy for them when they were among the first to decline and sell out to the consoles with Call of Duty 2. So yeah, they deserved it and I greatly enjoyed watching Kotick making them his bitch.

baronjohn

Cipher
Who gives a shit? You people are such idiots. You whine about the decline of gaming, then you turn around and give the shitgames free PR and I bet some of you even fucking buy them.

Black

Arcane
Only 2010fags buy them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom