Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Can we remove the ignore user feature altogether?

Remove user ignore?

• Total voters

Gregz

Arcane
Twiglard

This thread has reminded me of something. Would it be possible to implement ignoring in Shoutbox, but not ignoring on the Forums?

They are two different mediums, and I find people behave differently depending on the venue. I don't want to ignore anyone on the forums, except for Scruffy of course.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
No safe spaces!
Zed, your profile is still set to private.
Not only that, but he has been also autistically rating all of my posts for something like 4 years now. Dude has a serious case of OCD.

With mental cases like this, an ignore feature is just necessary.
just disable his reactions, it will stop the spam without blocking him

i am not even sure Zed posts, like at all

Bigg Boss

Arcane
I used to have a couple people like oneself on ignore but I removed them all from my list so I could be cool like the people in this thread.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Just disable ratings notifications, your quality of life will improve instantly

bionicman

Liturgist
People have spoken! Vast majority has voted against aweigh, so it's time to remove the ignore button...

Semiurge

Cipher
DarkUnderlord is it really necessary for anyone to be able to ignore?

Consider the possibility of letting existing patrons keep their ignore privilege for a certain adjustment period, while allowing others the privilege of spending potato in order to get the feature. If the snowflakes really want their snowflake feature, they should support Codex.

And, all that would cause some delightful butthurt, which I'm sure you'd appreciate.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
All it takes is two dedicated low functioning autists to make Shoutbox or threads unusable. Ignore is needed to retain the sites fundamental purpose. This isn't /b/ last I checked and only the aforementioned autists would want it to be.

FriendlyMerchant

Wonder why the guy who's ignored by 60 users wants the ignore function gone.
People ignore me because they don't understand me. If everyone just held hands there would be no need to ignore anyone!
I would never ignore a fellow member of the tribe. Though it should be allowed to ignore the postings of blatant sodomites.

Bigfass

Learned
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
This forums is supposedly used by those over the age of 1. There is no reason to ignore posts when you can simply skip said posts by not reading them.

There is simply no reason to have such a feature. If people want to be butthurt then let them. Being butthurt is a choice, not something you are born with!
Just ignore the feature, 4head.

Semiurge

Cipher
It would be interesting to see if the amount of ignoring had spiked around 24.2 and onwards. It's almost as if Codex was divided into two tribes, with the other (vatniks and wumaos) going ignore-crazy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom