Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Can you have sex in FO3?

Xi

Arcane
Guys...guys...guys! What's the problem? You can always have sex while playing Fallout 3. It would be the Meta-video-game sex, and yes it's better than the in-game version. Or you can get out a blow up doll, whatever suits your fancy. :D

Xi

Arcane
LarsTheSurly said:
You know you're addressing the Codex, right?

No worries, I've got you covered. I will make her yell "LarsTheSurly!" Then I will use VATS on her, oh god...

Wyrmlord

Arcane
JarlFrank said:
No because it's an American game and in America violence and bloodshed is okay but sex is the incarnation of Satan.
This stereotype made of Americans is actually quite incorrect.

There's plenty of sex in American entertainment, with alot of TV shows having it (eg.the Sopranos), in movies (Johnny Knoxville's a Dirty Shame), and just as much in videogames (Age of Conan)

I think if Americans ever do take offense at it, maybe it's because they see sex in entertainment as an insulting insinuation that they can't get the real thing.

gc051360

Scholar
Emil revealed a while ago, that the promise of virtual reality has been fulfilled.

You can not have sex in Fallout 3. You have sex with Fallout 3.

Shoelip

Arbiter
Wyrmlord said:
JarlFrank said:
No because it's an American game and in America violence and bloodshed is okay but sex is the incarnation of Satan.

There's plenty of sex in American entertainment, with alot of TV shows having it (eg.the Sopranos), in movies (Johnny Knoxville's a Dirty Shame), and just as much in videogames (Age of Conan)

I think if Americans ever do take offense at it, maybe it's because they see sex in entertainment as an insulting insinuation that they can't get the real thing.

Actually, it's pretty correct. At least for video games. The ESRB has repeatedly shown that sex is much than violence in their eyes. While they're definitely not consistent, consider the Hot Coffee scandal for GTA:SA, or the topless mod for Oblivion. Both games had allot of violence, (extremely graphic in Oblivion's case) but when sex or nudity got involved they suddenly raised the rating.

Those are just the two best known examples. Culpa Innata and Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophcy both had censored US releases to keep from getting an AO rating. The censored parts were nudity.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ESRB#Violence_and_the_AO_rating

Inziladun

Magister
Wyrmlord said:
JarlFrank said:

It's not so much that Americans see sex as evil(quite the opposite,) it's just that they think nudity will corrupt the poor children. And since video games are often seen as child's toys, nudity + video games = the corruption of innocent children. Innuendo and blatant sex scenes in daily t.v are fine, but the slightest hint of nipple and it's straight to the "MA" rating for you.

It's still backwards, but just not in the way most people like to say it is.

crufty

Arcane
Very true.

I think This film is not yet rated hits it as well. Overall the documentary is a extremely boring, so I'll save everyone the pain of watching it (unless you want to watch it for a few nudity scenes). The basic premise is ratings exist to serve major publishers and ice out independents. Since ratings are pretty meaningless here, the moral majority got walmart on their side. So really, it's not people so much, as walmart that dictates our ratings. Most people shop at walmart, and if you want your game to sell there, you have to meet their piddly rating requirements.

The irony of american purtianism, is that the more fanatical someone is about it, the more likely they are extremely perverted in comparison. I don't think most americans really care, just a few do and they figure out a way to exert control on everyone. Also, for the record it's why al gore lost the election. if you leave it up to the people, they will always choose boobies and cussing over not.

gc051360

Scholar
crufty said:
Very true.

I think This film is not yet rated hits it as well. Overall the documentary is a extremely boring, so I'll save everyone the pain of watching it (unless you want to watch it for a few nudity scenes). The basic premise is ratings exist to serve major publishers and ice out independents. Since ratings are pretty meaningless here, the moral majority got walmart on their side. So really, it's not people so much, as walmart that dictates our ratings. Most people shop at walmart, and if you want your game to sell there, you have to meet their piddly rating requirements.

The irony of american purtianism, is that the more fanatical someone is about it, the more likely they are extremely perverted in comparison. I don't think most americans really care, just a few do and they figure out a way to exert control on everyone. Also, for the record it's why al gore lost the election. if you leave it up to the people, they will always choose boobies and cussing over not.

Yeah. It's not a majority of Americans. It's basically fat women, who are angry because nobody finds them sexually attractive, so they try and ruin everyone's good time.

Same group of people that get lap dances banned.

Shoelip

Arbiter
As simple as that would make ridiculing whoever is to blame, American puritanical stupidity isn't limited to the obese and female. Were the Pilgrims all fat women? I think not. Otherwise they all would have died off and we wouldn't have to deal with their legacy.

Nael

Arcane
Brother None said:
Heresiarch said:
I don't really follow all the news of FO3, but it seems at least blood & gore and F words are back. Don't know much about children killing though. But what about sex? I wanna play a sleezy slut this time, raping men and women and beasts with wonderful 3D sex. As I've always playing relatively "clean" men back in FO1 and 2, so I want some change.

Killing children is out.

As for sex, apparently prostitutes won't have sex with you because you're too young, and there are definitely no PG-13 scenes
Crispy Gamer: Speaking of which, will your game have any PG-13 love scenes that Fox News can misconstrue as XXX?

Hines: No, not interested.

Killing good. Sex bad. Such a pure life lesson to give your kids.

You do realize we have an overpopulation problem in the world, right?

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
micmu said:
LarsTheSurly said:
Xi said:
Guys...guys...guys! What's the problem? You can always have sex while playing Fallout 3.
You know you're addressing the Codex, right?
yea, besides, both hands are needed to play an FPS.
pfffft! the Codex doesn't need two hands to play some dumbed down shit! we're the hardcore, dude, multitasking while playing games is what we do.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Ismaul said:
pfffft! the Codex doesn't need two hands to play some dumbed down shit! we're the hardcore, dude, multitasking while playing games is what we do.

inwoker

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Dark Individual said:
On the plus side, FO 2/1 could be recreated with FO 3. You already have everything and just need to add quests. The quests could be made more complicated and stupidity(such as with the talking plant) removed. More dialog and character could be added etc.
Oh, god. What a stupid idea. Recreating fo1/2 in some shitty 3d-engine. Nooooooooooooooooo

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom