Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Can't bring myself to go on in SoZ

Barrow_Bug

Cipher
Heresiarch said:
BTW, I find Codexers' reactions to SoZ is somewhat like Farcry2. At first people praise it with much wow, then people begin to have a feeling "there's something wrong with the game", and finally people begin to call it shit and showing some degree of regret of playing and praising it.

Methinks I'm seeing a bit of a pattern here. Whilst there some posters saying 'Wait until..." it seems we really have a problem with solidarity when it comes to game choice. It's a shame we all find it so hard to stick by our guns...oh, I do hope SoZ doesn't blow.

Ogg

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
SoZ is meh, but meh is the new great fucking old fashioned style.

Seriously, if you didn't like the first part of SoZ, you certainly won't like the end of the game either. It's simply the same but with more loot and easier encounters. It's ok as compared to what bioware or bethesda could produce. But if you expected a real obsidian title, I understand your disappointment.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Why don't you stop acting like a little bitch then and write a proper review Volourn? Be sure to include plenty of unsupported opinions. "It's pretty much at the POR2 level of suckiness" was a good start. You may want to go beyond complaining about the combat since you seemed to love that in every other incarnation of the series."

Do a fuckin's earch, moron. i've given actual reasons multiple times in the bajillion SOZ threads including my own. Dumbass. If youa ctually gave a shit and werne't just spamming to be cool; you'd know this.

"It's ok as compared to what bioware or bethesda could produce."

Oh, please. SOZ is plain, old fashion shit. I LOATHE Bethesda; but their games are better than SOZ no doubt.

SOZ is one of the worst games I've had the 'pleasure' to play. It's POR2 level of shit. That's how shitty the shit is. Absolutely fuckin'd isgusting that the Codex is defending this joke.

I'd rather play Avernum series 5 times in a row then play Shitty SOZ.

Shit. Shit. Shit.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Do a fuckin's earch, moron. i've given actual reasons multiple times in the bajillion SOZ threads including my own. Dumbass. If youa ctually gave a shit and werne't just spamming to be cool; you'd know this.

Volo is PISSED, in that his incredibly overpowered party was not a challenge in SoZ. He however derives some scary masturbatory pleasure by repeating SoZ sucks, over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over......OH GAWD!

Oh, please. SOZ is plain, old fashion shit. I LOATHE Bethesda; but their games are better than SOZ no doubt.

SoZ has better writing and story than Fallout 3. (You fight the good fight).

SOZ is one of the worst games I've had the 'pleasure' to play. It's POR2 level of shit. That's how shitty the shit is. Absolutely fuckin'd isgusting that the Codex is defending this joke.

LOL. :honorblade:

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"Volo is PISSED, in that his incredibly overpowered party was not a challenge in SoZ. He however derives some scary masturbatory pleasure by repeating SoZ sucks, over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over......OH GAWD!"

No more repetive than those spamming (like they're tyring to convince themselves) that SOZ is good.. is good... is good.. over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over again.

R00fles!

Hümmelgümpf

Arbiter
Erebus said:
Black said:
many posts on the Codex made it sound like SoZ was going to be MotB + PS:T
Is there other Codex you speak of?

Okay, so nobody actually thought SoZ would have an original story. But many Codexers had their expectations raised by MotB and seemed convinced that the game would be just as great.
Are you absolutely sure that you speak of this Codex? :? It was pretty clear from the start that SoZ would be an entirely different beast.

Erebus

Arcane
Hümmelgümpf said:
Erebus said:
Okay, so nobody actually thought SoZ would have an original story. But many Codexers had their expectations raised by MotB and seemed convinced that the game would be just as great.
Are you absolutely sure that you speak of this Codex? :? It was pretty clear from the start that SoZ would be an entirely different beast.

I said "just as great as MotB" not "similar to". Don't make me go and fish out all the threads that said "I'm starting to have a really good feeling about Soz" and stuff like that.

The Feral Kid

Prophet
Hümmelgümpf said:
SoZ is just as great as MotB. OK, slightly less, but only slightly.

Not surprising Obsidian are delivering such shit as long as they know there will be moronic teenage fanboys like yourself who would subscribe into anything they offer. And the reason we'll never get another good rpg, dnd or otherwise, is people like you who enourage companies to make maximum profit with the least possible (creative) effort.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
The Feral Kid said:
Hümmelgümpf said:

Not surprising Obsidian are delivering such shit as long as they know there will be moronic teenage fanboys like yourself who would subscribe into anything they offer. And the reason we'll never get another good rpg, dnd or otherwise, is people like you who enourage companies to make maximum profit with the least possible (creative) effort.

It's an expansion you fucking idiot.

Love,
Jaesun

The Feral Kid

Prophet
Jaesun said:
It's an expansion you fucking idiot.

Are you trying to justify the game being shit cause it's an expansion? Pathetic, and typical codexian response. Is there a rule that says expansions should suck? MotB which you hold in high regard here, much higher than the actual NWN 2 OC was an expansion too. Faggot.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"It's an expansion you fucking idiot."

MOTB is an expansion. It's awesome. And, better than both KOTOR, and NWN2 OC thoguh they're atcually solid games overall.

Unlike fuckin; SOZ which just plain fuckin' sucks!

Shannow

Waster of Time
Hey Volly, what is wrong? You need to present your opinion as fact more often. As it stands the SoZ apologists have nearly as many posts as you do. Post more! After all the game didn't live up to your expectations.

fastpunk

Arbiter
Hümmelgümpf said:

They're different. Surprisingly different, for 2 expansions of the same game. So I wouldn't compare it to MotB, Mask focuses on completely different things. But yeah, I liked SoZ, a lot actually. It's an average game at the core, but the party creation and party convo, overland map and trading system give it a serious boost in quality.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"Hey Volly, what is wrong? You need to present your opinion as fact more often. As it stands the SoZ apologists have nearly as many posts as you do. Post more! After all the game didn't live up to your expectations."

K.

JrK

Prophet
fastpunk said:
They're different. Surprisingly different, for 2 expansions of the same game. So I wouldn't compare it to MotB, Mask focuses on completely different things. But yeah, I liked SoZ, a lot actually. It's an average game at the core, but the party creation and party convo, overland map and trading system give it a serious boost in quality.

Still, there's a lot of annoying stuff that can get in your hair. The awful truly buttugly AI that even does stupid stuff when you are in full puppet mode, overland encounters that differ hugely in difficulty even when all of them are of the same EL (got creamed by wyverns but can easily beat a bandit bunch?), the caravans which get attacked as soon as you are in the neighborhood, long saving/loading times. I can imagine if you encounter just too many of these instances at once, you'd scream in frustration and uninstall the thing. But meh, I still like the core thing. Guess it's the same story as KOTORII, awesome stuff in there but hidden by the sloppy execution.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom