Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Catastrophe ahoy! Let's Play Eric The Unready

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
:bravo:

Sceptic said:
I'm as far from a Star Trek fan as you could get (I've watched a handful of TOS episodes, another handful of TNG episodes, a couple of terrible DSN ones, and three out of 11 movies), but you cannot not know about it.

Naturally I know about Star Trek, but I never watched a single episode and am proud to say I don't recognise any of the characters.

A harrowing, distorted image of the wicked witch fills the ball. "I'll get you, my pretty," the witch screams. "And your damn dog too!" She starts to cackle hysterically.
"But I don't HAVE a dog," you protest.
The witch stops abruptly. "You don't?"
"No."
"How about a hamster?"
"Nope."
"Pet turtle?"
"No. I had a goldfish once. But it died. Does that help?"
"Curses! It'll have to do. Where did you bury it?"
"In my mom's back yard."
"Well, then," she cackles. "I'll get you, my pretty. And your mom's back yard too!"

:lol:

eric_763.png

Oooh, fancy.

Ever the polite wedding guest, you bare your butt.

:lol:

:lol: :lol:

Thanks for the LP.
:love:

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Erebus said:
The game was quite amusing and you really showed the many possible (often crazy and sometimes deadly) choices it offers.
As you've noticed it's a relatively easy game. The main point and source of fun is figuring out weird things to throw at it and seeing what funny line Legend programmed in. One of my favorites is still the virgin saying you must be a tester :D

lightbane said:
By the way, does the ending change depending of your score or something?
I don't know... I don't think so. I've never managed to finish the game without a perfect score. You'd have to try really hard, since the vast majority of score-giving actions are required to proceed. The only ones I can think of are not taking the tort-ease or buying the root beer, as if you miss them they appear in your backpack but you don't get any points.

SCO said:
Gotta be superhero league of hoboken next.
Yaar Podshipnik said:
Do Spellcasting next :)
I'm taking a break from LPing for now. I had fun with this one, and I love the game, but I admit was getting tired of it by the end. I was worried this would reflect on the quality of the LP, but thankfully the game's so good that it kinda carries itself.

In any case many, MANY :love: to all of your for commenting and enjoying this. Through great games and shit games alike, the LPer's only reward is the satisfaction of knowing his audience had fun.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Crooked Bee said:
Sceptic said:
I'm as far from a Star Trek fan as you could get (I've watched a handful of TOS episodes, another handful of TNG episodes, a couple of terrible DSN ones, and three out of 11 movies), but you cannot not know about it.

Naturally I know about Star Trek, but I never watched a single episode and am proud to say I don't recognise any of the characters.

lf_dissapoint.jpg

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
Sorry to necro this thread, but I found some more references for Wednesday: A Day at the Fair that nobody mentioned.
- the turtle on the newspaper cover page is wearing a turtleneck sweater.
- the hornpipe usually refers to a dance (ex. Sailor's Hornpipe). There is an actual instrument called a hornpipe and it does require a reed to play, but it's made out of animal horn and does not resemble a bagpipe.
- Lily is an allusion to Lili von Shtupp in Blazing Saddles, with her German accent. The "it's twue, it's twue" line is lifted directly from the film (in a very different context!).
- Gunther the Malignant using Eric's head as a croquet ball may be a reference to the Genesis song The Musical Box from Nursery Crime where a girl does the same thing to her brother (the scene is depicted on the album cover).
- the newspaper article Bizarre Death in Unicorn Taunting mentions the Edward II Memorial Chapel. This is a reference to the rumor that Edward II died after being impaled with a poker.

I couldn't figure out why the cook mentioned the Richard II Memorial Award. Maybe because he was rumored to have died of starvation (i.e. the cook took too long to prepare the meal)?

Excellent LP, by the way, Sceptic.

Come on. I'm as far from a Star Trek fan as you could get (I've watched a handful of TOS episodes, another handful of TNG episodes, a couple of terrible DSN ones, and three out of 11 movies), but you cannot not know about it. It's one of the most defining entertainment symbols of the past 50 years, I would say much more so than Star Wars.
Come on, you clearly have an above-average knowledge of Star Trek by virtue of the fact that you replayed the entire Might & Magic series :smug:.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom