Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Catherine to corrupt the souls of Americans this summer

Destroid

Arcane
I like the way romance was handled in Fallout.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
The gameplay looks insane.

Anyway, that project with rape and molestation...
Was it the Volly's tastefully done mod?

Hirato said:
Apparently Catherine is far too difficult for a lot of people who bought the game.
Judging from youtube videos (assuming it is representative of the game itself) it looks tedious more so than difficult.

EDIT 1: did I mention Atlus promised a patch to make it easier?

I have played demo and yeah this thing is hard. Devilishly hard in fact.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Hirato said:
Apparently Catherine is far too difficult for a lot of people who bought the game.
Judging from youtube videos (assuming it is representative of the game itself) it looks tedious more so than difficult.

EDIT 1: did I mention Atlus promised a patch to make it easier?

Wow, seriously? That's the gameplay? That looks more like the worst iphone game imaginable than an atlus weeaboo bomb.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
goodmorn2.jpg

We really did not do a lot of sleeping did we?
On a scale of 1 to 10, you get a 10

:smug:

Tinton

Novice
By the gods, I had a look at the best cheater ending and it ranks without any doubt as the craziest game epilogue I have seen so far.
Sales seem to be quite good for Catherine so far, which is not the worst sign as while the game's execution of the plot can be silly in places, its premise with a guy that is cheating on his pregnant wife and isn't looking forward to marriage is at least a bit more mature than the usual trite elements that we see in this regard in games. Here's hoping that some of the marketing guys have taken note and become convinced that there is a market for games with storylines that are not directed at 5 year olds.

deuxhero

Arcane
There were mouse/keyboard tutorial icons in the game data, but the location (it's packed alongside loading screens that don't even have the final character designs) and being named something like "test" say it didn't get far.

That said, I hope Atlus does do a PC version of their next (console) game. Outside of Obsidian (and to alesser extent, PB) they are the only people who can figure out how to do choices/consequences.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Why do people like dating sims? I thought the point of games was to do stuff we couldn't do in real... OH, I get it now.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Clockwork Knight said:
DragoFireheart said:
Why do people like dating sims? I thought the point of games was to do stuff we couldn't do in real... OH, I get it now.

beth_tetris.jpg

holy shit this is fun, I wish I could stack bricks in real life

You can. They are called Legos.

After the ZP review I had to watch a playthrough some bit, as I wouldn't believe the game has a giant man-eating ass.

It looks fucking boring and repetitive, and the characters and story are irritating. What's with the wimp main characters in Japanese games anyway?

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I picked this up and it is pretty good. The Visuals are interesting and the story line is good not only that the puzzles are HARD!.

So yeah it is a good puzzle game with some interesting thing. Most of all it makes me look forward to Persona 5. IF they can keep this kind of story interaction and people then it will be great.

funkadelik

Arcane
I checked out the website. First impression, emo. Click. Second impression, shitty emo piano music. Can love exist without pain, FUCK YOU! Third impression, faggy japanese guy scratching his head and wearing emo clothes meanwhile seeing more emo words and color scattered about.

Review: Shit/10 Will not play.

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I checked out the website. First impression, emo. Click. Second impression, shitty emo piano music. Can love exist without pain, FUCK YOU! Third impression, faggy japanese guy scratching his head and wearing emo clothes meanwhile seeing more emo words and color scattered about.

Review: Shit/10 Will not play.

I her by Declare you Try hard.

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
I her by Declare you Try hard.
No, it's just a general observation. If you prefer shitty preteen anime games than more power to you. I however do not.

Yes Preteen?? I mean the main guy you control is 32 year old man who is having nightmares relating to the issues of having to grow up. Getting married, having a child and having to take responsibility or not.
Like i said your trying to fucking hard. I bet your so fucking edgy you shit razor blades. GO back to fucking something awefull or IGN where you belong.

funkadelik

Arcane
A 32 year old man should already have dealt with his problems. Having issues with marriage and knocking a girl up are also teenage/young adult problems. Making him 32 years old does not hide the fact that it is a game for preteen emo kids.

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
A 32 year old man should already have dealt with his problems. Having issues with marriage and knocking a girl up are also teenage/young adult problems. Making him 32 years old does not hide the fact that it is a game for preteen emo kids.

Like i said try hard. If you want to run around screaming about how your hipster cred is in tack because you said some stupid shit that belongs on a youtube comment thread then have at it.
IT's for emo kids..... come on can you be any more cliche maybe you can call it a twilight inspired game to really earn that kkkreds.

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
So i got through the game and it is pretty dam good. A bit strange at the end, but i love what they where trying to do and i hope to see more of if.
The story line has some really cool touches and some great ideas that are well done.
I love the little touches, the music ques, symbolism, the characters ark and of course giant afro lady.

Comrade Goby

Magister
Project: Eternity
Dude I fucking loved this game.

Music was awesome (though to be fair how can you screw up when remixing the classics). Puzzles were hard as fuck but rewarding.

It gives me hope for Persona 5.

Plus Laura Bailey as voice of Catherine.

Although it was too short and I felt that the out of world parts needed to be a bigger part of the game.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I don't understand the hype on this game (well, from the animu community) -- it's basically that indie game Diamond Dan (and I'm sure that type of 3D platforming has been used before) with masturbatory content added on.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom