Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Project Red is dissing SKYRIM

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
SuicideBunny said:
Zed said:
Skyrim will shit all over Witcher.
possible. skyrim actually looks like hell might have frozen over and bethesda learned something from obsidian or is actively trying to improve.
but on the other hand, oblivion didn't look all that bad during its hype phase either.

I agree with SuicideBunny. Skyrim looks more promising than The Witcher. Hell, they may have even learned from some of their mistakes in Oblivion. But I don't trust anything Bethesda gives us.

Even Oblivion was a lot more enjoyable than Witcher.

If you said Daggerfall or Morrowind, I'd agree. But not Oblivion. Maybe if you modded the hell out of it you could get a better hack and slash adventure game than The Witcher.

The Witcher sucks.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
cdprojekt red's word would have more weight if witcher 2 wasn't such a shitty game. :smug:

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
DragoFireheart said:
Lets be honest: the only good Elder Scrolls game was Daggerfall.

:retarded:

Daggerfall is the only truly shitty ES game.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Mastermind said:
DragoFireheart said:

Compared to what? The 2 min dungeons of Morrowind? The shitty and easy copy-paste dungeons of Oblivion? Those games looked prettier and maybe you didn't like the RNG dungeons of Daggerfall, but at least they were challenging. More so than the other two.

Then again, you are Mastermind and perhaps arguing with you is a waste of my time since you do troll to "win". Am I correct?

Oesophagus

Arcane
They just made a comment about Beth's marketing, not their product. They didn't say that Bethdesda is a shit company that couldn't make a decend game to save their lives...

But they should have

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I tried Witcher like twice, quit both times during fed-ex quests in first village with like 4 talkables NPCs and no story.

Played Oblivion a lot more, and had a lot more fun even if just running around and killing towns and abusing sneak or magic spells.

Seriously Oblivion isn't an especially good game, but it's way fucking more entertaining than Witcher.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
DragoFireheart said:
Compared to what? The 2 min dungeons of Morrowind?The shitty and easy copy-paste dungeons of Oblivion?

Really? Your favorable comparison point to daggerfall is the dungeons? Daggershit dungeons were mile after mile of the same fucking shit over and over and over again. How anyone can have anything but utter contempt for them is beyond me.

Those games looked prettier and maybe you didn't like the RNG dungeons of Daggerfall, but at least they were challenging. More so than the other two.

They were challenging because the random generator was shit, the map was useless and they all looked the same. If that's the kind of challenge you're looking for, sure, but there are much better autistic outlets out there.

Then again, you are Mastermind and perhaps arguing with you is a waste of my time since you do troll to "win". Am I correct?

I do not need to troll when discussing daggerfall, I win by default against anyone who thinks it was a good game. :smug:

DraQ

Arcane
Zed said:
I tried Witcher like twice, quit both times during fed-ex quests in first village with like 4 talkables NPCs and no story.

Played Oblivion a lot more, and had a lot more fun even if just running around and killing towns and abusing sneak or magic spells.

Seriously Oblivion isn't an especially good game, but it's way fucking more entertaining than Witcher.
:what:

I think I could list at least aleph null things horribly wrong with your statement...

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Mastermind said:
Really? Your favorable comparison point to daggerfall is the dungeons? Daggershit dungeons were mile after mile of the same fucking shit over and over and over again. How anyone can have anything but utter contempt for them is beyond me.

I was going to type something...

They were challenging because the random generator was shit, the map was useless and they all looked the same. If that's the kind of challenge you're looking for, sure, but there are much better autistic outlets out there.

...but then I read...

I do not need to troll when discussing daggerfall, I win by default against anyone who thinks it was a good game. :smug:

...this.

:rpgcodex:

DraQ said:
micmu said:
Oh wow. Are they for real? Betshitsda sues everyone just for fun and because they can. Now watch the lawsuits fly and that interview answer retracted/edited in less than 24 hours.

balls of steel

Either that or lack of brians

in fact there's a tenuous line between those two states of mind - I believe that the extra biomass that goes for the balls must come from somewhere.

Antihero

Liturgist
Can't find anything on it right now, but didn't Epic and id software have some crosstalk going on with Q3 vs UT way back when? Rivalry is a healthy thing, but who knows in this day and age of 11/10 GOTY reviews. Then there's not shit-talking just for the sake of - but I think the interview basically came down to "we'll see how it goes once the game actually comes out".

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
Clockwork Knight said:
I believe that the extra biomass that goes for the balls must come from somewhere.
5akSc.jpg

CorpseZeb

Learned
Yep. CDPR have some true edible balls. I'm feel more obligated to buy TW's (at last), to support those marketing heroes. But I'm a bit curious, these guys are the same, who made infamous advertisement stunt about “we closing G.O.G soon” some time ago...? Now, that was very funny.

Antihero

Liturgist
CorpseZeb said:
Yep. CDPR have some true edible balls. I'm feel more obligated to buy TW's (at last), to support those marketing heroes. But I'm a bit curious, these guys are the same, who made infamous advertisement stunt about “we closing G.O.G soon” some time ago...? Now, that was very funny.

.....CD Projekt
...........+
......... /..\
...GOG.....CD Projekt RED

Or so my understanding goes.

(And CBA to reformat that better without dots.)

Dionysus

Scholar
It seems like a silly answer. They aren't going to push a lot of units because of buyers remorse. The TES games are pretty big on the consoles, and people know what sort of game Beth makes. People that are looking for an open-world RPG better than Oblivion or Fallout 3 aren't going to be more satisfied The Witcher. If anything, their competition is Bioware.

Renegen

Arcane
DragoFireheart said:
Mastermind said:
DragoFireheart said:

Compared to what? The 2 min dungeons of Morrowind? The shitty and easy copy-paste dungeons of Oblivion? Those games looked prettier and maybe you didn't like the RNG dungeons of Daggerfall, but at least they were challenging. More so than the other two.

I'd say the person who only wishes to consider Daggerall the only good Elder Scrolls game is the troll. Listen, the Elder Scrolls series is 17 years old and only 5 games to show for it. Every game has strengths and weaknesses and they are all different. Yeah the general tendency is more dumbing down of everything, but they are different when they are over such different eras. Some like Morrowind because it wasn't as horribly broken as Daggerfall, while some like Oblivion (though I can't explain). Personally I hate Daggerfall for so many reasons I don't need to name. The game was created with a random number generator.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
daggerfall was at least a huge improvement upon arena, whereas morrowind was a rather heavy-handedly amputated daggerfall with very little added to make up for that, plus some really stupid design decisions introduced or retained.
morrowind is the game that heralded the decline that would continue with oblivion and had some goddamn stupid shit, it also laid the groundwork for horse armor with the way they didn't implement some iconic daggerfall mechanics and made those into fucking add-ons. the only redeeming factor it has is that bethsoft didn't go all the way with the elder scrolls rape in it, unlike they did in oblivion.
Renegen said:
the Elder Scrolls series is 17 years old and only 5 games to show for it.
7 games not counting the shitty mobile titles.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Zed said:

Trolls gonna troll.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
Zed said:

Someone can neither count nor read.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Lesifoere said:
Zed said:

The game has voicover, so this Zed fellow apparently has moar problems than just reading... Critical herp derp concentration in the carnium area, perhaps? :smug:

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
the inn is a shitty starting location and it takes some endurance to make it through after the linear (and also somewhat meh) tutorial. it's much worse than fallout's rat cave in that regard, almost on divine divinity starter dungeon level.

latexmonkeys

Augur
Patron
Storyfag said:
Lesifoere said:
Zed said:

The game has voicover, so this Zed fellow apparently has moar problems than just reading... Critical herp derp concentration in the carnium area, perhaps? :smug:

Umm, Zed meant NPCs with actual dialog script trees rather than generic greetings, not voice acting.
Herp derp indeed.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
CD Projekt plays the hip 'indie' card way too many times to be credible.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
latexmonkeys said:
Storyfag said:
Lesifoere said:
Zed said:

Umm, Zed meant NPCs with actual dialog script trees rather than generic greetings, not voice acting.
Herp derp indeed.

Sigh.

:rpgcodex:

But what the hell, I'll scale. Allow me to make my statement more welcoming, just for you:
Since the game has voicovers, his problem cannot be with reading, contrary to what Lesifoere observed. Still following?

And since there are well over 10 characters with full dialogue trees in the first act, I stand by my observation that Zed must have severe problems where overal comperhension of his surroundings is concerned.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom