Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News CD Projekt release Cyberpunk 2077 teaser trailer

Hellraiser

Arcane
I thought this whole music debate, with everyone competing to make the trailer even worse by inserting even shittier music, was pretty inane. Then I looked at the comments on RPS' newspost about this...

Well when I looked at those it was like that thing Cleve was talking about. A congoid buttsex circlejerk apocalypse of white-knighting. Woe upon the media that dare to show a woman not fully dressed. Better take a clue from the religion of peace and put them all in burqas or face the wrath of 'sperging morons. Or just ignore that and make them rage more, they'll keep wasting more energy on retarded crusades and hopefully end up dead without ever passing on their genes. A genetic dead-end, evolution wins once again.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Well when I looked at those it was like that thing Cleve was talking about. A congoid buttsex circlejerk apocalypse of white-knighting. Woe upon the media that dare to show a woman not fully dressed. Better take a clue from the religion of peace and put them all in burqas or face the wrath of 'sperging morons. Or just ignore that and make them rage more, they'll keep wasting more energy on retarded crusades and hopefully end up dead without ever passing on their genes. A genetic dead-end, evolution wins once again.
You're contradicting yourself. Cleve was talking about congoids - congoids besides being violent and hypersocial also happen to be happen to be hypersexual.
Aspergers = neonderthal genes.
Not to mention that your very opponent (Mabuse) has exactly the same posting style as you which implies similar personality which implies similar genetics.

Hellraiser

Arcane
Awor Szurkrarz

1) I'm talking about retards in the RPS comments
2) I'm being metaphorical with the congoid circlejerk part, my point was that if society will fall its because retards like them waste time on pseudo-intellectual crusades like "hurr durr there is a partially unclothed woman, THAT'S FUCKING SEXIST GENOCIDE! HOW DARE THEY!". They fit the bill on all but the hypersexual part anyway.
3) Mabuse, to whom I was not really responding here, targets his criticism not at the fact that this is "objectifying woman", but that it's a cheap juvenile T&A move to attract 13 years olds with no other purpose.

Executer

Phrenologist
Project: Eternity
I lol when I see people complaining about this clip when I walk down the street and the latest trend are girls with pants/jeans so short I can literally see a third of their ass cheeks.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Hey guys, how about we gang up and start a protest on objectivisation of men when the next God of War with half-naked dude as a protagonist comes out?

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
I lol when I see people complaining about this clip when I walk down the street and the latest trend are girls with pants/jeans so short I can literally see a third of their ass cheeks.
Exactly. Not to mention that Cyberpunk 2020 is all about style over substance. Going on a killing spree when looking obnoxiously sexy is in-character.

Hellraiser

Arcane

Exactly, which is what makes that complaining even more hilarious, even ignoring that the original rulebook artwork was stripperrific due to 80s trends of the time (just look at what Madonna did back then). Skimpy outfits in CGI objectify women but women themselves wearing less rather than more don't? If art (ignoring the issue of artistic value of the trailer, although it's pretty good IMO for CGI) imitates real life it's some kind of crime now? But the drones do not think about what they're crusading against, somebody told them to and they'll do it because mindlessly following the leader is all they do. When you don't stop to think logically about why are you for or against something, just like those guys are doing, then you're just another fool to be manipulated and exploited.

Executer

Phrenologist
Project: Eternity

Exactly, which is what makes that complaining even more hilarious, even ignoring that the original rulebook artwork was stripperrific due to 80s trends of the time (just look at what Madonna did back then). Skimpy outfits in CGI objectify women but women themselves wearing less rather than more don't? If art (ignoring the issue of artistic value of the trailer, although it's pretty good IMO for CGI) imitates real life it's some kind of crime now? But the drones do not think about what they're crusading against, somebody told them to and they'll do it because mindlessly following the leader is all they do. When you don't stop to think logically about why are you for or against something, just like those guys are doing, then you're just another fool to be manipulated and exploited.

I think many of these PC people are extremely insular, I'm not necessarily saying everything that comes out of their mouths is wrong but, these comments seem to exist in a vacuum, never in the context of the realities that can be observed in the wider world.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
You gentlemen are missing the point and lacking the proper aptitude to comprehend the vision of the artist who crafted this masterpiece of a trailer! :obviously:

Obviously it's made from the perspective of the bitch-cyborg. She likes 5 seconds to Mars and that kind of shit, so it's logical that while she is killing all those meatballs she is listening to her favourite shitty soft-rock band in her music player. I sure know that most women have shitty taste in music.

You even can hear the music being lowered while she is inside the car dressing. Duh!
This makes perfect sense.

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
Mitch Murder did a rework of the trailer music:

-snip-
Neato, CD projekt red should take a clue from the Hotline Miami devs and contract a couple of these guys to do the soundtrack for the game. It really seem to fit with what they are going for.

St. Toxic

Arcane
It's a nice fit, but it feels just a bit too minimalistic. I think there's room in there for ambient sound-effects to lock the scene more firmly in the environment (edit: the way the original did it, now that I think about it), but then it's getting further from the general "trailer" feeling that these things usually strive for and more of a finished-product type of deal. Any way, it's good shit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom