Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
Had a couple of woke moments in CP2077 yesterday:

1. Learned that Claire, the chick that you do race missions with, used to be a man apparently. She casually dropped this tidbit while telling me about her former husband.

2. Was doing a final mission with River Phoenix, and it started getting all friendly and shit, and I am so paranoid from all this shit in recent games, I am just sitting there and overthinking every single dialogue line. One wrong choice and he could be fucking me in the ass in the next cutsene. Finally selected the "friends" option at some point and he gave me a gun. I exited walking backwards, just in case.
Nah River is not a fag even if you tried to go full homo on him he would have rejected you.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
me doing every single gig... every single side mission

Game is... bad.
:roll:

Ah, yes, the old codex addage. Breeze through the campaign and rush the game, and I wouldn't have played it enough to criticize it, yet play it a bit more and it proves I liked it. The Catch-22 of retarded codexian arguments.
What argument am I making by rating your post with a rolling eyes reaction? Tell me.

Because as the rater, I'm telling you the only thing I'm concluding is that, yes, this is the old Codex adage.

Your reaction is interesting, however.

:hmmm:

Perkel

Arcane
how to know you are making shitload of money right now ?

unknown.png

Cassar

Savant
Whan now codextards game died and flopped hard?

asd2eihc.png

Best to use steamdb because its better. I thought it's well known that Cyberpunk is the first and only singleplayer game in steam's history to crack 1 million cc players. Have no idea where that 830k number comes from

lq0zfb.JPG

Up until today i thought Elite:Dangerous was the best VR game.
Well that changed Luke Ross released VR mod for C77 and it is absolutely mindblowing shit.
Minitutorial: put files with bat into exe folder of game and run bat. when you play game next time it will run via steamvr.

The reason why Elite was such a good VR game was that Frontier managed to perfectly set scale of world so when you were near planet it was perceived by your eyes as humongous that it is hard to wrap your mind around that something so big can exist.

I played many VR mods and VR games and they always had issues with scale when compared to Elite.

This time that dude blew Elite out of the fucking water. Scale is perfect on all ranges. From megabuildings terrific sizes to small people beneath them to distance view where you feel that city background is actually huge rather than jpeg in background

There is some jank but it is perfectly playable. It does require powerful rig though so without something like 3060 ot 3070 you shouldn't even try it.
It doesn't have VR controller support. That is a no from me. I refuse to play VR games with a controller or Keyboard and Mouse.
Ah yes punishing you for thing the designers guarantee you will do, seems smart

That reminds me of Dishonored: giving the player all these great deadly tools, but when they use them Chaos goes up and they will get bad endings without them knowing why.
I loath it when people call Dishonored an immersive sim. A true immersive sim is one where you can use the mechanics the devs gave you to make your own solusions to a problem. If the game punishes you for using the game's own bloody mechanics then why give them in the first place when you've made it clear there's only one correct way to solve a problem.

Poseidon00

Arcane
Up until today i thought Elite:Dangerous was the best VR game.
Well that changed Luke Ross released VR mod for C77 and it is absolutely mindblowing shit.
Minitutorial: put files with bat into exe folder of game and run bat. when you play game next time it will run via steamvr.

The reason why Elite was such a good VR game was that Frontier managed to perfectly set scale of world so when you were near planet it was perceived by your eyes as humongous that it is hard to wrap your mind around that something so big can exist.

I played many VR mods and VR games and they always had issues with scale when compared to Elite.

This time that dude blew Elite out of the fucking water. Scale is perfect on all ranges. From megabuildings terrific sizes to small people beneath them to distance view where you feel that city background is actually huge rather than jpeg in background

There is some jank but it is perfectly playable. It does require powerful rig though so without something like 3060 ot 3070 you shouldn't even try it.
It doesn't have VR controller support. That is a no from me. I refuse to play VR games with a controller or Keyboard and Mouse.

Oof. I was just about to try it too. VR controller support is an absolute must. And not VorpX "controller support", I want to move and aim the gun with my hands. That's half the fun of VR shooters.

Perkel

Arcane

Your loss. Easily the best VR experience i ever had.
Keep playing those VR "experiences" and other mobilecrapstagingasvrgame.

If i had to write mistakes of VR it would be :

1. standing VR - just fucking why ?
2. motion controlers
3. no VR API standard

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
VR controllers are shit and I have no idea why anyone would want to use them when I see the terrible gameplay in VR games. Learn to touch type.

Spukrian

Savant
Ah yes punishing you for thing the designers guarantee you will do, seems smart

That reminds me of Dishonored: giving the player all these great deadly tools, but when they use them Chaos goes up and they will get bad endings without them knowing why.
I loath it when people call Dishonored an immersive sim. A true immersive sim is one where you can use the mechanics the devs gave you to make your own solusions to a problem. If the game punishes you for using the game's own bloody mechanics then why give them in the first place when you've made it clear there's only one correct way to solve a problem.
In other words: Choices But Without Consequences. Interesting...

Takamori

Learned
If only 90% of the city was actually used for anything, especially the buildings.
All they had to do was to make that shit more interactable, wanna play pool in Afterlife? There is fucking table there. Besides Roach game, use the arcade games to do shitposting games no need to something grand. Just set an animation where your character drink and eat stuff instead of operating a menu to get X and consume you already have the animation in the database. What the fuck those pollacks have in their brains? Wouldn't take long to implement simple stuff like the drink and eat.
Would make all the devs play Yakuza games maybe something would enter their noggins.
I used a mod that made it possible to unplug any armor mods and use them elsewhere, I mean why would they make them one-time-use only?
To aid the MMO-style conveyor belt itemisation. Don't ask questions, just consume purple item and get excited for next purple item.
In theory the retard responsible for that went to Blizzard, so guess we won't suffer his faggotry in the next games?
Probably. Paweł Sasko talked about itemisation and loot on his stream once one day, and he said that majority of people at CDPR are unhappy with how loot works.
I know I'm sounding already like a man shouting at the clouds and going in circles, how the fuck you skip the source material for the game? :dead:

Darkwind

Liturgist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.

Your loss. Easily the best VR experience i ever had.
Keep playing those VR "experiences" and other mobilecrapstagingasvrgame.

If i had to write mistakes of VR it would be :

1. standing VR - just fucking why ?
2. motion controlers

3. no VR API standard

LOLWUT?

So the 2 primary drivers of presence / immersion which is mimicking your VR avatar's movements and body position you want to eliminate because... reasons? Get off your butt and sweat a little lard ass, it would do you a world of good I'm sure. Those are 2 of the things that make VR unique not "let me strap a heavy bulky monitor to my face so I can still sit and use a controller but at least I can look around a bit more". Supreme laziness, I will bet all the money in my wallet you are American.

Perkel

Arcane
So the 2 primary drivers of presence / immersion which is mimicking your VR avatar's movements and body position you want to eliminate because... reasons? Get off your butt and sweat a little lard ass, it would do you a world of good I'm sure. Those are 2 of the things that make VR unique not "let me strap a heavy bulky monitor to my face so I can still sit and use a controller but at least I can look around a bit more". Supreme laziness, I will bet all the money in my wallet you are American.

Every game has its own best method of controls.

Your "primary controlers" only are good for fps games and first person games and only slow games. Everything else they are shite.

Now go try to play Quake3 with controles vs people with mouse and keyboard.
Go and see how enemies in Half Life Alyx are so retarded that enemies from HL1 are waaaaay better.
That is the price of shitty controls.

I finished HL2 in VR mode and it was essentially perfect. You had your VR view with mouse targeting and it worked perfectly.
No retarded AI to compensate shitty hand movements, no standing idioticy so you can actually fucking jump or even bunny hop.

Lizard

Learned

1. Learned that Claire, the chick that you do race missions with, used to be a man apparently. She casually dropped this tidbit while telling me about her former husband.

2. Was doing a final mission with River Phoenix, and it started getting all friendly and shit, and I am so paranoid from all this shit in recent games, I am just sitting there and overthinking every single dialogue line. One wrong choice and he could be fucking me in the ass in the next cutsene. Finally selected the "friends" option at some point and he gave me a gun. I exited walking backwards, just in case.
All the writers in the game dev these days are left wingers (probably slightly less in Poland), so none of this is really surprising. Despite that I wouldn't call CDPR a woke company as a whole like many do. They seem to have libertarian aproach to things, as Paweł Sasko (quest writer) said that they accept people with varied political views at the studio. After all Poland is the most religious country in Europe (and perhaps the second most religious one after USA in the entire west), so by excluding certain people with more conservative views they would lose out on a lot of local talent. And just to visualize things a little - among zoomers in Poland the most popular party right now are these nationalists that are allied with libertarians - so CDPR by acting too woke they would lose out on all this potential talent.
It's funny how CDPR on one side are called a bunch of woke progressives, but on the other side any discussion of CDPR's products is completely banned from ResetEra, and many leftists on Twitter detest them as well.
Come on bro.....
They literally fired their community manager because he made "insensitive" tweets related to trannies. Weird how these libertarians and "centrists" always bend the knee for one side and one side only.

Wow they are slightly less religious than the country that is the epicenter of gay. Surely that will give them a spine.

Tyrr

Liturgist

All the writers in the game dev these days are left wingers (probably slightly less in Poland), so none of this is really surprising. Despite that I wouldn't call CDPR a woke company as a whole like many do. They seem to have libertarian aproach to things, as Paweł Sasko (quest writer) said that they accept people with varied political views at the studio. After all Poland is the most religious country in Europe (and perhaps the second most religious one after USA in the entire west), so by excluding certain people with more conservative views they would lose out on a lot of local talent. And just to visualize things a little - among zoomers in Poland the most popular party right now are these nationalists that are allied with libertarians - so CDPR by acting too woke they would lose out on all this potential talent.
It's funny how CDPR on one side are called a bunch of woke progressives, but on the other side any discussion of CDPR's products is completely banned from ResetEra, and many leftists on Twitter detest them as well.
Come on bro.....
They literally fired their community manager because he made "insensitive" tweets related to trannies. Weird how these libertarians and "centrists" always bend the knee for one side and one side only.

Wow they are slightly less religious than the country that is the epicenter of gay. Surely that will give them a spine.
They used their "pride flag" avatar on social media way into the next month, when all the other companies already switched back to the normal one.
CDPR changed after W3. A lot of people left and must have been replaced by US SJW types. I just noticed numerous job offers in English on their Twitter during that time.

They have a little ARG going on, you can win a nvidia RTX 4090 card.

https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/4...ce-rtx-4090-gpu-with-cyberpunk-2077-backplate

People have already noticed the outline of the card by the feet of the dude, but that's it for now.

They say to use photo mode so it's an in-game location. People are looking in Arasaka tower but that could be a red (dohoho) herring.

And yes, it seems that the first image wasn't showing things correctly so they posted it again. :M

Codex Year of the Donut
All they had to do was to make that shit more interactable, wanna play pool in Afterlife? There is fucking table there.
reminds me of the attention to detail put into the games in RDR2

one of the few things I remember from playing the game beyond hiking and hunting, not enough gamedevs pay attention to the details...

RDR2 is an exceedingly self-indulgent game where too many actions take forever because of overly long, unskippable animations. I know it genuinely enhances some people's immersion, but it just never worked for me. I remember this kind of "immersive" animations appearing in Far Cry 2 and disliking them since. I much prefer e.g. to eat from the inventory menu and have little inertia and instant response in walking animations. I'm not asking for all of it to go; a toggle is enough, really.

The main issue with RDR2 though, for me at least, was the extreme, often unnecessary railroading during main quest missions, and the disconnect between its tone and the colossal amount of people you have to kill... for all its many issues, CP2077 has no such disconnect.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom