Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

Is there even one Pole, male or female, who looks even remotely attractive?

It's a bit like Russia, there are lots of hot girls around, but the guys tend to be either skinny and effete/foppish or thickset and barbarian-looking, but with the classic polish nose being ubiqutous in both strains (usually long, straight and pointy, quite elegant in its peculiar way, but sometimes mushrooming out into a huge, bulbous growth, especially after a lifetime's consumption of Żywiec and Wiśniówka).

Quillon

Arcane
GAsyLeZakAA4XI1

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
CDP doesn't understand modern gamers anymore, playing house with your e-waifu should have been in patch 1.1, maybe also add a bear for players to romance. All the criticism would go away.

Yoomazir

Educated
If CDPR is smart, they should keep releasing updates, small or big, in order to keep players interested in the brand until they officially announce the next Cyberpunk game.

Zeriel

Arcane
If CDPR is smart, they should keep releasing updates, small or big, in order to keep players interested in the brand until they officially announce the next Cyberpunk game.

This is the company that released C2077 early to make more money, only to lose billions more in stock value than they ever sold.

Gargaune

Arcane
Here's a fun counterpoint - the more CDPR keeps releasing patches, the less I'm interested in buying Phantom Liberty 'cause Cyberpunk's mod infrastructure is a Lovecraftian mess and I don't feel like wasting a couple of hours updating every time devs tweak the stream angle for an NPC pissing in a corner.

This is the company that released C2077 early to make more money, only to lose billions more in stock value than they ever sold.
No, this is the publicly-traded company that released CBP2007 as late as they could in the face of stakeholder pressures. The fate of their stock value was sealed much earlier, due to poor core design and a mismanaged development, a couple more months wouldn't have made a difference and there's only so many times you can tell investors and creditors "next Friday for sure, bro."

Gerrard

Arcane
Here's a fun counterpoint - the more CDPR keeps releasing patches, the less I'm interested in buying Phantom Liberty 'cause Cyberpunk's mod infrastructure is a Lovecraftian mess and I don't feel like wasting a couple of hours updating every time devs tweak the stream angle for an NPC pissing in a corner.

No, this is the publicly-traded company that released CBP2007 as late as they could in the face of stakeholder pressures. The fate of their stock value was sealed much earlier, due to poor core design and a mismanaged development, a couple more months wouldn't have made a difference and there's only so many times you can tell investors and creditors "next Friday for sure, bro."
And here we have a reddit retard who thinks that shareholders can just go to the company CEO and tell him "Release the fucking game, or else."

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
And here we have a reddit retard who thinks that shareholders can just go to the company CEO and tell him "Release the fucking game, or else."
Worse. If they don't get their release (and corresponding increase of value of their stocks or fat dividend), they may start selling their shares, damaging the value of a company.

Of course CP2077 released in such a bad state that the stock value fell anyway.

But at least bonuses were royal.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Worse. If they don't get their release (and corresponding increase of value of their stocks or fat dividend), they may start selling their shares, damaging the value of a company.

The board can also fire and replace the CEO and decides CEO compensation. So it's not like he can just operate in a complete vacuum and not concern himself with outside pressure.

Gerrard

Arcane

The board can also fire and replace the CEO and decides CEO compensation. So it's not like he can just operate in a complete vacuum and not concern himself with outside pressure.
I wonder how you will explain the CEO getting 20+ million bonus after the company stock tanked by 60% following the release. You think the shareholders approved that?
You live in a fucking dream world in your head.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

I wonder how you will explain the CEO getting 20+ million bonus after the company stock tanked by 60% following the release. You think the shareholders approved that?
You live in a fucking dream world in your head.
No, I think the board did. Learn to read.

Tarkleigh

Learned
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
I finished a replay with patch 2.0 and Phantom Liberty a couple of weeks back and now finally have the time to write down my thoughts. I did play Cyberpunk before during the release and did not touch it in the meantime, so I can't really say anything about patch 1.4 or any of the other versions between the initial release and 2.0. I also used the German syncro this time rather than the original English one I used in my first play-through.

Okay, with this out of the way here are my thoughts on the game with 2.0. Phantom Liberty will get its extra section:
  • The new itemization is much, much better than the old one. You have far less garbage to sort through and I actually had to balance money and crafting materials this time rather than selling everything. Huge improvement
  • The same goes for the new cyberware system. It is now much more powerful and I was always exited to get more capacity and install new cool shit. 20 points into the tech tree were a must for me and I upgraded a lot of implants with crafting materials
  • Making clothes irrelevant for stats was also a good move. This way I could pick an outfit I like and sell the rest
  • I managed to make a half-way decent looking V this time thanks to the better lighting in the character screen. While it does not matter much due to the first person perspective, I still appreciated this
  • There is still the immersion breaking effect that you are naked in the inventory but wear boxers when you look down in first person mode. I still really, really hate this but luckily a mod helped me out there
  • I did notice that the police was more active but the effect was very low and I still do not care about this stuff, so whatever
  • Same goes for the vehicle combat. It almost never happens and it not very interesting in general. Cyberpunk is not GTA even though some people apparently would like it to be
  • Buying appartments is a cute addition but overall pointless and does not fit to the story, given that V has better things to do than moving flats
  • To my suprise, the level scaling worked well and did not ruin anything. I still felt more powerful over the course of the game and on hard the game wasn't super easy either (but still pretty easy except for bosses)
  • The German dub is really great. It has a few awkward translations (like "Mietmuskeln" for "hired muscles") but overall the translation is very good and the voice acting excellent. My male V sounds much much better in German than in English (it is the same voice actor that dubbed Jax in the tv show Sons of Anarchy)
Now Phantom Liberty:
  • I really hated the first mission but the gameplay got much better afterwards and the later missions were probably the best of the whole game
  • The new characters are interesting, especially Reed and Songbird
  • Good side-missions in Dogtown
  • Dogtown is refreshingly compact and very interesting visually with the Black Sapphire's Art Deco look as the crown jewel
  • I liked the amount of CoC later in the main story
    (the decision between helping Songbird or Reed and the completely different missions that follow)
  • Overall, the main story of Phantom Liberty is very good even though it takes some time to get going
  • I mostly liked the new ending and it is pretty cool that you can miss it by making the wrong choices
I like that we finally have an ending in which V survives and I also liked the idea that the price of it are your combat implants, thwarting your dreams of becoming a legendary mercenary. I did not like the forced time skip as it seemed very far-fetched that everybody would just forget about you (because Reed apparently never could be bothered to tell anyone you were in a coma, not even your love interest). This seemed forced to make the ending less appealing. Of course, the ending does not mix well with the original ones, especially "The Devil" which simply does not make any sense now that there is a much better alternative. Also, it might have been cooler to have Songbird fix you with some advance tech and then show side effects like the danger of becoming a cyber psycho or something. But it is still probably the best ending of the game (the runner up would be the Sun, especially when you do it on your own)

Overall, great addon and great patch. I am glad I played it again. Cyberpunk will never be the game it could have been - the flaws are too deep in the fabric of the game for this - but the existing game has been much improved and is still the best western AAA title of the last 5 years.

Last edited:

Wesp5

Arcane
My male V sounds much much better in German than in English (it is the same voice actor that dubbed Jax in the tv show Sons of Anarchy)

I never played the game in English, like I usually do, but I too think the German dub is great!

I like that we finally have an ending in which V survives and I also liked the idea that the price of it are your combat implants, thwarting your dreams of becoming a legendary mercenary. I did not like the forced time skip as it seemed very far-fetched that everybody would just forget about you (because Reed apparently never could be bothered to tell anyone you were in a coma, not even your love interest).

Not only that, but loosing the appartement was completely ridiculous! What about all the other flats and the safe house in Dogtown? Besides that Reed should have done something about this, I was a multimillionaire by that point, so it shouldn't have happened. It all was just a stupid excuse to get rid of the weapons which brings me to my biggest gripe: Why didn't they use this ending to give us a real free roam option after the game? Like you can't use implants anymore, but you can still cruise the city solving random crimes with normal armor and weapons. It would have been a nice contrast to how powerful you ended up as well! Also the ending was rather buggy, at first I lost the dialogue select boxes and then I embraced Misti still holding my silenced pistol :).

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
The same goes for the new cyberware system. It is now much more powerful and I was always exited to get more capacity and install new cool shit. 20 points into the tech tree were a must for me and I upgraded a lot of implants with crafting materials
If you install Cyberware Ex mod, you have more slots for Cyberware and can combine some of them (charge jump + double jump). It also makes it easier to reach the limit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom