Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information CD Projekt's New Title Is A Cyberpunk 2020 RPG

Repressed Homosexual
I'd much prefer a combat system based on shooting than on The Witcher's horrible click fest combat.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
Perspective didn't bother me in VTMB, I don't know why people are so obsessed with top-down view outside of games where having that tactical view is actually important.

in that case it was a combination of me preferring that troika not try to compete with action games and do something they aren't strong at plus that whole tb = betta roleplaying combat system business and non stupid tb means not third person

Small maps, shitty plot, stereotypical characters

YES THE SMALL MAPS
no party + sparse gameplay content spread out in piss-boring streets = fuck you

the worst thing is how the hookers aren't even hot

come on you crowbarred jeanette onto the damn box when the first draft was the same thing with just an ominous figure casting the shadow of the ankh so why not go full fanservice

good hospital though, especially when the horrible monster actually isn't interested in killing you and wants a favor instead

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
This wouldn be a must buy... if it wasn't made from CDP... But, hey, kudos to them for actually tryiing to make a non Twitcher game for the first time in a decade. R00fles!

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
I have a feeling this game will succeed where DX:HurrdurR failed.

Protagonist will not sound like Pneumonia Batman, no piss filter, it will have decent graphics, and a better sense of a living world. And, the combat will be better, because, well, it can only go up from here.

Marsal

Arcane
This is turning into a VTMB suxxors thread...guess enough time has passed for the Codex to add it to the total shit pile.
Well, times change, sites evolve. You've got social media integration, pedo-game reviews on the front page, you've got to go with the times, bro. Stop being so closed-minded.

sgc_meltdown What happened to you, man? You used to be cool.

tumblr_m2ulv9ZdJ31r4etbjo1_500.gif

...as well as crappy gameplay. Feel free to quote me on that.
Like you would know. Pedo-games and Grimrock are prime examples of good gameplay.

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
...as well as crappy gameplay. Feel free to quote me on that.
Like you would know. Pedo-games and Grimrock are prime examples of good gameplay.
Why yes, yes they are. Compared to TW2, at least there is some gameplay in those, not just an Awesome button.
Damn, Recettear have much more gameplay than almost all of the current modern rpg.:(

deuxhero

Arcane
Cyberpunk set in 2020? In a game not launching till at least 2013?

Good thing hilariously dated portrayals of the future is par for the course of cyberpunk.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Hope CD Projekt shows Troika how you properly change a p&p ruleset/setting to a shooter. :smug:

This is turning into a VTMB suxxors thread...guess enough time has passed for the Codex to add it to the total shit pile.
There were posters calling it total shit when it was released. "No more free rides!" and all.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Cyberpunk set in 2020? In a game not launching till at least 2013?

Good thing hilariously dated portrayals of the future is par for the course of cyberpunk.
Indeed, cyberpunk without anachronisms isn't cyberpunk. Videophones and mullets!:dance:

crawlkill

Kill all boxed game owners. Kill! Kill!
Cyberpunk 2020 was an 80s tabletop RPG. it IS ridiculous and anachronistic, which is what cyberpunk is all about.

a totally brilliant tabletop podcast group recorded a one-shot session of it which is even more farcical than the core game. anyone curious as to how magnificent it can be should definitely give it a listen. it's hilarious, it's ridiculous, and it's everything this shit oughta be.

http://actualplay.roleplayingpublicradio.com/2010/08/genre/sci-fi/cyberpunk-lady-gaga-2-0/

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
You're a child and you want unicorns pooping butterflies and puking rainbow.

no seriously don't give me that self-congratulatory uncompromised dignity of urban decay via accurate seedy streetside solicitation, your 'ugly hookers give this setting realistic legitimacy' is the tryhard immersionwanker's version of 'blood and guts makes a game mature'

the damn game gives you a vampire slave in your apartment and starts out with sex, way to keep up that selective vision illusion

Videophones and mullets!:dance:

STUPIDLY LARGE TACTICAL VISOR SUNGLASSES ON BIG HAIRED WOMEN IN LEATHER JACKETS WITH SPIKES ON THE SHOULDERS

TALKING TO SELF AWARE AI THROUGH CRT MONITORS WITH EXTRA BLINKING LIGHTS ON THE SIDE AND LOTS OF VENTS

MOTHER FUCKING PLATINUM DISKETTES

tiagocc0

Arcane

kaizoku

Arcane
CYBERPUNK!
:bounce: :bounce::bounce:

Indeed, cyberpunk without anachronisms isn't cyberpunk. Videophones and mullets!:dance:
Mullets are 2020's new... Lady Gaga's hair style.
I would prefer a more futuristic look, but I'm ok with an 80's look too. Blade Runner goodness.

Half the people here bashing CDP... let's see those faces when CDP releases something that surpasses DX :smug:

In any case, I'm still waiting for MCA's cyberpunk kickstarter.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
Muscled bartender contract questgivers with Lady Gaga's hair style

while you're speaking to one they download a new one from their suitcase sized laptop and their hair starts changing in front of your eyes

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom