Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Change the gay [ToC] cape

Shagnak

Shagadelic
Let's face it, a true Tyranny of Choice is reflected by some crap cape that was decided on because no one could agree on a cape. Oh noes, the tyranny!

Incidentally, i bumped into a rather large guild that seemed to be made up of largely alcoholic (and imsomniac) NZers and Aussies. I didn't join them. They smelled funny.

Drakron

Arcane
Sol Invictus said:
Here
newcape3qh.png

Time to choose, Mister Freeman.

What did I say about the background?

Those insignias are too big and dont mesh well with that background, that background is good for no insignias capes and those insignias are good for a clean background.

If you dump the background they do look good but I am not exactly crazy about the black trim, it works but a gold, blue or green would look better.

Sarvis

Erudite
The sword one looks cool.

Not sure about the color though...

Not sure if I like it better than the current cape either.

Maybe I'm just a closet conservative... hrm...

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Drakron said:
Well if you are going to do this remenber to NOT clutter it a big background or a big insignia (there is not even the need of a insignia or background) try for some color balance, blue and a lighter/darker blue is not a good choice, if you want red then put a trim gold in it that is classic and looks good.

Unfortunately there is no way to customize the trim or I would have gone with a cloth-of-gold trim inlaid with curly weaves.

I don't really like blue because it doesn't stand out as much as red, and the black trim is downplayed so much so that it looks like it doesn't have a trim.

edit: Meh, well, there is a trim - it's still black. Check it out, it looks okay, but I still prefer red.
capeblue1bd.png

dirk

Novice
can't we just have a black and white rag cape instead of some busy gout thing? it's all about minimalismisticality!

Drakron

Arcane
It also let the background spew all over it.

It looks nice but not with that background, only a few backgrounds work with insignias.

Here is what I mean about backgrouns and insignias:

capes7qu.jpg

Sarvis

Erudite
Sol Invictus said:
Drakron said:
Well if you are going to do this remenber to NOT clutter it a big background or a big insignia (there is not even the need of a insignia or background) try for some color balance, blue and a lighter/darker blue is not a good choice, if you want red then put a trim gold in it that is classic and looks good.

Unfortunately there is no way to customize the trim or I would have gone with a cloth-of-gold trim inlaid with curly weaves.

I don't really like blue because it doesn't stand out as much as red, and the black trim is downplayed so much so that it looks like it doesn't have a trim.

edit: Meh, well, there is a trim - it's still black. Check it out, it looks okay, but I still prefer red.
capeblue1bd.png

I _really_ like the blue with the viney sword.

Drakron

Arcane
I figured out the trim cannot change when I was trying the capes.

PennyAnte

Liturgist
I just can't stand all those new choices. To me, those lions, and even the eagle with those backgrounds, look like they belong on the side of a beer bottle or something. And the viney sword, it looks so cheesball fantasy.

Red and Gold is so tired, yet at the same time, blue does not work with those backgrounds and choices.

God I am having SUCH A HARD TIME with the fact that everyone wants to change the cape. O well.

On a positive note, I do like the cut of the bottom better. Its less haloweeney.

EDIT: OK, here's a couple of suggestions with the viney sword. The idea here is to show that other colors besides red can still look "majestic," and that maybe a simpler, cleaner, less cluttered design might be pleasing. The Romans found purple rather imperial, so I tried it with some silver/gray, and and also blue and gold and scarlet and gold. On the other hand, they are a bit plain, whereas our current cape has a lot of distinctiveness.

capes17km.jpg

Drakron

Arcane
Well I am not in the guild, that were just examples of what I think people sould do with background and insignia choices.

My grip is people just pick a background full of stuff and then stuck a huge insignia in gold over it.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
The reds go well with my armor, if I use black + red dye together. Blues (the new ones) if I use my combination of blue + purple + green or something.

Personally, I'd go for the red one with the gold phoenix on it.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Okay apparently that was NOT final. the colors are reversed now, and we're looking for a different logo. Everyone has that phoenix.

PennyAnte

Liturgist
I am stuck between the cross and Telos' emblem.

EDIT: I think maybe the cross is a bit staid and too small. Telos' is a little ... different, but compliments the cape's overall design much better, as far as its lines and so forth. Maybe the symbols are too different though.

Sarvis

Erudite
Just for the sake of comparison, here are those three symbols on a pure dark red background:

capes2.jpg

I think it looks a lot cleaner and nicer.

Drakron

Arcane
PennyAnte said:
Telos also suggested this emblem just before you went to post, I think it deserves consideration:

capes32ix.jpg

No offence but it looks like a bug shitting crosses.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom