Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Chess

polo

Magister
I wasn't expecting Nakamura to lose like a retard to Caruana in round 1.
I was more shocked about Ding losing like a retard tho.

Sukhāvatī

a.k.a. Mañjuśṛī
Patron
Finkel a G.
543427273844588574.webp

HeroMarine

Irenaeus
Vatnik

Usually I watch a few hikaru videos because he's amusing in a retarded reddit but naive way, and he obviously can play chess. Particularly fast chess. But this video is probably the apotheosis of smugness and delusion. :lol:

Doktor Best

Arcane
The machine is merely applying advanced selflearned tactics. Fleshlings without functioning hands won't be able to move pieces and therefor lose on time eventually.

and 8 others

Savant
So, is Hans Niemann cheating (and if so, how?) or did he just bloom late, and his rise in chess skills is genuine.

grimace

Arcane
The only way to play honest chess is without clothing, full cavity inspection, and standing up on your own two feet.

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
What the fuck happened to chess? And why do more than half of the chess players above look like they have Down's syndrome?

Lucumo

Educated
Why did Magnus retire anyway? I don't really follow chess but watch a chess streamer (ChessNetwork) on Twitch from time to time.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Why did Magnus retire anyway? I don't really follow chess but watch a chess streamer (ChessNetwork) on Twitch from time to time.
He got mad that he lost in some other tournament, accused the guy who beat him of cheating, insisted the guy has a vibrator up his ass and someone is sending vibration to suggest moves from an AI (really), and is now refusing to play until the anal vibrator problem is addressed.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
He was bored of trouncing everyone and said he would only defend his title if Alireza Firouzja won the Candidates.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
After more than 10 years of first trying to gain the title and then maintain it after he won it, he just lost motivation. Plus, it's a lot of physical and mental strain to prepare for and then play a WC match, and he did it 5 times already. Does he really need to prove himself anymore against the players of his generation? But yeah, I guess the main reason is, it stopped being fun for him.
Of course he didn't retire from chess, he just doesn't participate in the WC cycle anymore, but for example he took part in the speed chess world championship last december and won both the rapid and blitz titles.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom