Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Civilization V

bonescraper

Day 1 preorder!

: x

That also means we can expect the XCOM expansion announcement pretty soon(ish).

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Are they going to enable mods for multiplayer games? If not, this game is useless to me.

Gerrard

Arcane
Are they going to be making the games like Ubishit does Settlers now? Make the entire game from scratch every time, fuck expanding upon what you already have?

Civ 5 was a great success both critically and financially, and I’m especially proud of what the team accomplished.

Heh.
Fuck that loser.

Multi-headed Cow

Since I'm a damn idiot I'll probably buy this during a sale at some point and then never play it because Civ 5 just doesn't love me like 4.

since you know your self-destructive behaviour in advance now you know how and when to counter it.
just say no to shit games.

Gerrard

Arcane
XnUIOQ9.jpg

:hmmm:

Delterius

Arcane
Best part is we got in before Portugal did... in a expansion that is big on colonial Africa:smug:. Next thing you know, Portugal is going to be a reskinned Brasil.

By the way,

Unique Unit: os Pracinhas.
attachment.php

And Unique Ability: Carnival, doubled tourism. Which is one reason I'm interested in this expansion. They are retooling the cultural victory entirely.

Multi-headed Cow

For any of you gentlebros who didn't see the full presentation and wanted to.

Best part is we got in before Portugal did... in a expansion that is big on colonial Africa:smug:. Next thing you know, Portugal is going to be a reskinned Brasil.

By the way,

Unique Unit: os Pracinhas.
attachment.php

And Unique Ability: Carnival, doubled tourism. Which is one reason I'm interested in this expansion. They are retooling the cultural victory entirely.

I would put in Bandeirantes instead, as units that ignore terrain penalties and are fast and good at exploring new, undiscovered land which you plan to take as clay. Pracinhas aren't as iconic.

Delterius

Arcane
Indeed, the Bandeirantes were the most popular bet yesterday (and pretty much every day before that). Next to them were the Fatherland Volunteers from Paraguay. I've even seen some suggestions for CANGACEIROS as a unique unit and LAMPIAO for Great General, while few foreigners even knew of Pracinhas. But it does make sense.

For one, Bandeirantes would, I believe, replace the musketman, and there's a lot of those already.

But for another, the new culture mechanics, when tourism is taken into account, makes Brasil a lategame powerhouse. Makes sense that the unique unit of a hegemonic the future Imperium of Man Brasiliensis is contemporary to the moment of final glory - when partying (Carnival, double tourism - a mechanic that is most important in the late game) causes civil unrest on countries of different ideology because you're really much better.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Im glad that Poland is in at last, sad its in CiV so I share TBS sentiment on this. At least we get a cool unique ability and awesome special unit, special building makes no sense tho (should be "sejmik").

pan

Learned
That expansion has nothing to do with Brave New World or Shakespeare. Civilization is besmirching two great literary works with this pretence at grandeur.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Yes and also this "expansion" doesnt fix the single most glaring and basic problem with the game - not enough tile improvements. You just spam farms and trading posts everywhere where you dont have resources and thats it. Banal boring. Actually they dont even add anything worthwile. Tourism, really? Thats it? Some new ideologies that make AI hate you more? Oh boy.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
That's just a symptom of the bigger problem with Civ5, the total lack of anything interesting to do outside of war.

Delterius

Arcane
Wouldn't the changes to the cultural victory and the caravan mechanics be a good step in fixing that?

Yes and also this "expansion" doesnt fix the single most glaring and basic problem with the game - not enough tile improvements. You just spam farms and trading posts everywhere where you dont have resources and thats it. Banal boring. Actually they dont even add anything worthwile. Tourism, really? Thats it? Some new ideologies that make AI hate you more? Oh boy.
Apparently, AIs of similar ideologies will like you more too. They are apparently also retooling the economics of things, so hopefully there will be new tile improvements.

Machocruz

Arcane
Enough of these expansions and they'll have one whole Civ game one of these days.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom