Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Classified: France ’44 - French Resistance turn-based tactics

Why the fuck you weirdos arent playing and discussing this game? Seems like it has all the tacticoolness many dexers crave in their gayming.

Fk it, im buying it and will slowly play it in my spare free time
Eh not that cool of a game sadly. Looking back now, I think Gears Tactics is a lot better than this one, at least your men can die in that one.
gears tactics was awesome. Hope they make a sequel.

gears tactics was awesome. Hope they make a sequel.

Wouldn't call is awesome, but it has the best moment to moment gameplay feel from all the nuXCOM types games. To bad it was very repetitive and shallow.
that is true, its more accurate to say the combat was great, as were the visuals. It also felt well optimized. It was a beautiful game

You are correct that it became shallow and repetitive after awhile, and not very replayable (but I still got like 60-70 hours out of it on the Microsoft store $1 a month subscription which I cancelled after I finished game, so well worth it)-- but if they had added some more depth between missions, some sort of strategic layer, and a little bit more choice and creativity in their itemization, it could have be one one of the best games in the genre ever imo.

I just don't know if they have any desire to make the game more complicated and in depth than it is if they ever were to make a sequel, which is too bad. I worry they believe their core audience might not enjoy a more detailed game and any effort in that direction would be wasted or worse. The core audience for gears is very mainstream after all.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom