Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Cleaning up the Codex.

Harthwain

Magister
Ignoring users dont make quality posters magically appears unfortunately.
No, but it saves me time, because the only posters I see have the potential to be worth reading and you can't exactly mandate people to make quality posts anyway.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Desiderius keeps triple and quadruple posting (single handedly rendered the Wrathfinder thread unreadable) but no one cares, so banning The Wall probably did have other reasons. Though for the record, I don't really care about s*rps.
No one but Ventilator Of Doom anyway, as Desiderius found out (much to his dismay).

The Wall's mistake was targeting Smejki who has somehow acquired protected status.

Last edited:
Unwanted

†††

Patron
Honestly? This post kind of made me think about the poster I originally was and the poster I've become. It's kind of made me want to go back to just talking about video games, and not even when I was just shit talking video games. Back to when I was genuinely talking about games I liked and what I wanted out of gaming in general. I suggest other people do the same; reflect a bit and try to be better. Personally, I'm going to make an effort to go back to a genuine and productive poster. Not just when I'm talking about games but the full scope of my online existence here. Hopefully other people can do the same, I think it would make this place a much better place. Might start playing a game tonight, find the relevant thread when I finish, and actually interact within the original and true scope of this place.
Well, this has an easy solution. Mods can always take away your GD posting privilege. Not that I'm telling them to do this, just suggesting you a way to stop you from self-harming and doing awkward poses to photograph your butthole. It might save your life. The codex moderation cares about this mental health stuff, just like they're babysitting SDG at times.
The Wall's mistake was targeting Smejki who has somehow acquired protected status.
The Wall's mistake was constantly calling out the Jews in almost every post of his. Of course Infinitron got grated by that and looked for the slightest justification to ban him, The Wall was probably in his sights for a while.

A horse of course

The ignore feature has always been extremely buggy, unfortunately. For example, there are a number of users whose accounts glitched out and added me to their ignore lists, undoubtedly without their knowledge.

Kalarion

Serial Ratist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I was going to mention your name with the other two, but:

1. You're a mod. Nothing will be done.
2. With your current username, I refuse to tag you.

Edit: And how is doing your job my job? But we all know you get paid not to do your job.

Did you know you can use BB Code to customize user tags? It works like this: [.USER=<member number>.]<desired tag text>[./USER.], without the periods. Member number can be seen by hovering over any user's username. It's the number at the very end of the hyperlink. So for instance your member number is 17767 ("https://.../abu-antar.17767").

Here, I'll demonstrate for you: Shitspy.

Crispy is member number 9151, btw.

Codex Year of the Donut

Edit: And how is doing your job my job? But we all know you get paid not to do your job.

Did you know you can use BB Code to customize user tags? It works like this: [.USER=<member number>.]<desired tag text>[./USER.], without the periods. Member number can be seen by hovering over any user's username. It's the number at the very end of the hyperlink. So for instance your member number is 17767 ("https://.../abu-antar.17767").

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In

It's easier to post first using their username with @ and then edit, so the whole code is already there with the right user number.

lightbane

Arcane
I believe that shortly after the introduction of these inane ratings, this website began to decline, for real, and it accelerated the last 2 years or so. I mean, there's always been crazies here, but at least they were funny wackos.

Now there are bans for reasons that in previous times would have been ignored.

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
I believe that shortly after the introduction of these inane ratings, this website began to decline, for real, and it accelerated the last 2 years or so. I mean, there's always been crazies here, but at least they were funny wackos.
Except the whole world has gone batshit crazy in the last couple years, so obviously people here are affected too.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom