Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mod News Co8 Modpacks 5.9.0 BETA and 5.9.0 NC BETA Released

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Temple of Elemental Evil; Troika Games

<p>The Circle of Eight guys <a href="http://www.co8.org/forum/announcement.php?f=15" target="_blank">released a new version</a> of their ToEE mod.</p>
<blockquote>
<p>The Circle of Eight is pleased to present the latest versions of our modpack for The Temple of Elemental Evil - Circle of Eight Modpacks 5.9.0 BETA and 5.9.0 NC BETA.<br /> <br /> In addition to continued bugfixing, Circle of Eight Modpack 5.9.0 BETA features significant improvements to enemy AI in the form of the 'Reactive Temple' mod, which causes the Air, Water, and Fire Temples to reorganize in an intelligent defensive posture if they feel threatened.<br /> <br /> Circle of Eight Modpack 5.9.0 NC BETA features all of the above, as well as the re-introduction of the city of Verbobonc major expansion, which is now significantly larger are more extensive than the original. It also features the new Arena of Heroes mod.<br /> <br /> Both modpacks are identical, save for the major new content expansions included in the NC version. Fans of custom content will likely want to choose the new content (5.9.0 NC BETA) release, while purists might prefer the standard (5.9.0 BETA) release.</p>
</blockquote>
<p>Define "intelligent defensive posture".</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Download <a href="http://www.moddb.com/mods/circle-of-eight-modpack" target="_blank">here</a>.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Spotted at: <a href="http://www.sorcerers.net/index.php#52393">Sorcerer's Place</a></p>

Nickless

Educated
Aggravating. I'm half-way through TOEE and will die of boredom if I have to do all the quests in Hommlet again. There's not some vague hope that I'd be able to keep my save and yet update the AI, is there?

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
You can just skip Hommlet and go to the moathouse more or less directly (someone tells you about if, afaik).
If you think that you need the xp, just cheat. ;)

Tails

Arbiter
I still didn't played seriously ToEE, since I hape silly hope that Co8 will release bugfixes/restoration patch only. btw. is Co8 still working on Keep on the Borderlands mod?

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
You goddamn moron, there is version WITH new content and one WITHOUT.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
coldcrow said:
NC = New Content, so yeah the other one is bugfixes only (has been for a while).

'Reactive Temple' mod, which causes the Air, Water, and Fire Temples to reorganize in an intelligent defensive posture if they feel threatened.
Did they ever fix the (Co8-only) bug where the Water temple would attack you on sight even if you're wearing the appropriate temple robes?

Volrath said:
AndhairaX said:
The Circle of 8 mod has Cloud's sword in it. Avoid like the plague.
:M
Shannow said:
Aunthairy has moronity. It is more contagious than the plague. Avoid him at all times.
:smug:

Tails

Arbiter
coldcrow said:
Monkey see, monkey do, eh coldcrow? anyway take a look into readme and you will see that even the version WITHOUT new content has not only bugfixes but also overhauled, added and changed. Nothing drastically though.

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
Yea, sorry, I am aware of that. Got a bit tired of this "keep-the-game-as-intended" litany.

Tails

Arbiter
coldcrow said:
Yea, sorry, I am aware of that. Got a bit tired of this "keep-the-game-as-intended" litany.
I never minded restorations or balance fixes, even small upgrades which make game more content - like for example does Wesp patch for Bloodlines. Custom content can be nice too but personally I prefer just to play game first time without it, since it leads to confusion when you want to discuss about the game... you know what I mean. After reading the list of Co8 Modpacks 5.9.0 BETA, it seems I can without fear use it on my first date with ToEE.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Nothing drastically though.

Nothing drastic, but I'd still like a version that is still ONLY bug-fixes. No restorations, no "we think this should've been like that instead of like this" and so on.

Tails

Arbiter
FeelTheRads said:
Nothing drastic, but I'd still like a version that is still ONLY bug-fixes. No restorations, no "we think this should've been like that instead of like this" and so on.
Well to be honest, there are things that Troika wanted in game, but Atari interfered ( to be exact: brothel), so such restorations I totally accept.

Ausir

Arcane
Holy shit, I founded Co8 and can't believe they're still working on it.

Topher

Cipher
Now that I have a new computer I need to go back and play ToEE again. On my old computer the animation for a PC holding a flail bogged down my CPU and the game got choppy as all hell.

reaven

Educated
should one that has never played ToEE skip vanilla and go for this directly?

SerratedBiz

Arcane
Content is something ToEE did not have enough of, in my opinion. I'd see no problem with adding the restored content in a first game.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Just a heads up, Co8 5.9.1 is going to be released soon, and will address several issues encountered in 5.9, in addition to toughening up the new content and some general improvements. So you might want to hold off a little.

See here for more info.

Re. new content, here's a handy reference:
http://www.co8.org/forum/showthread.php?t=7743

People who prefer 'light' new content rather than 'moderate' can try 3.0.4 or 5.0.0 with the Less-New-Content patch (see sig). Note however that they also feature less fixes than the latest versions.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Sitra Achara said:
5.9.1 is out.

define "intelligent defensive posture".
also, did you fix the chick in verbobonc that in modpacks many years ago sold scrolls, which has been broken at some point and never been fixed. if not, why not?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom