Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mod News Co8 Modpacks 5.9.0 BETA and 5.9.0 NC BETA Released

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Defensive Postures:

Water Temple -

Taking a cue from the original module, Belsornig is moved along with all his troops (including the guardian Troll and its Owlbear) into the Water Pool Chamber, where he is shielded from Fire spells by the Pool Demon's magic.

His casting repertoire, AI and prebuff routine has also been improved to make use of spells available to a 8th level caster with the Evil domain.

puIqX.jpg
6p16N.jpg

Air Temple -

For the supposedly weakest Temple, Air sure has a lot of Bugbears. Kelno and all his Bugbears are transferred to the big Air Altar room (where the secret staircase usually lands you), where he should also have 3 Air Elementals. Most parties at this stage will still mow them down, but at least they'll put up a fight.

The kitchen will be staffed by a more skeletal crew in these times of emergency.

Fire Temple -

Did you know the Werewolves from the room nearby belong to the Fire Temple? If Alrrem is concerned, he will move them, along with his Bugbears, into his room. As with Water, his Troll and its guardian beast also join.

He and underpriests will also take care to cast various wards and blessings on themselves and their fellows. To deal with the narrow doorway, they will engage in summoning creatures to your party's rear. Alrrem, in particular, will eventually cast Righteous Might and join the fray himself.

Sadly, we could not move them into the Fire Altar room, lest they all get fried by the Salamanders.

---------------------------

Re. the scroll seller: Don't remember what was borked before. But anyway, now there are two girls, one who sells wands and one who sells scrolls. They sell them through the ordinary barter screen, and as far as I know it works fine.

Murk

Arcane
The scroll chick in Verbobonc worked for me in the last incarnation that I played (5.7 I think).

This new twist in AI and enemy tactics might get me to try again... Welkwood Bog is up and running now? I always liked the atmosphere there but it was entirely empty the last time I checked it out.

PorkaMorka

Arcane
Ugh, this new defensive posture stuff described above sounds good and really makes me really tempted to make a 5th (6th?) attempt at playing TOEE.

Between Hommlet, Nulb and slaughtering the quest giving NPCs in the elemental temples though, I always run out of steam.

:x Troika!!!! :x

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
@Mikayel -
You must have played Welkwood when it was just a preview (v5.5 or 5.6, IIRC). It is now fully functional. Most of the other NC content has been enabled as well (Hickory Branch v2, Arena of Heroes, Moathouse Respawn, Verbobonc v2).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom