Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Classic Game reviews (Forgotten Gems)

Jason

chasing a bee
No reason to get excited
The BRO, he kindly spoke
There are many here among us
Who feel that games are but a joke

But you and I, we’ve been through that,
popamole is not our fate.
So let us not troll falsely now,
before the New Vegas release date.

(bitchin' guitar solo)

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Sceptic said:
Not much to say really. It's just that. It doesn't matter whether you ask the genie for help (and bypass the first wave) or not, it doesn't matter if you do anything in the ruins or not, it doesn't matter if you save your game before the ruins appear and keep restoring... there's something that at some point fails to trigger during the game and I don't have a fucking clue when or what. I've had it happen as many times as not, and there is no fucking pattern to it that I could ever figure out. Drove me insane, especially because there's no hope of ever seeing a fan patch and I LOVE this game.
Strange. Sorry for stupid question, but do you try change speed settings in DosBox or use older computer like 486 or Pentium? Sometimes I encounter very strange bugs related to CPU speed. Unsolvable puzzle in Altered Destiny, unmovable statue in Alone in the Dark 2 and so on.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Archibald said:
Strange, i played it few time and i remember getting some stupid bugs mid game but nothing like that.
Well that's the thing - it doesn't always happen. Someone else on here confirmed getting it in an older thread and a couple of friends have also had to deal with it, so it's not just me. I should also mention I got it with both the floppy version and the CD version, both patched. If you never got it I guess you're either lucky or you always play the game in such a way that you miss whatever makes the whole thing break down (and naturally I have no idea what that is...)

Fowyr said:
Strange. Sorry for stupid question, but do you try change speed settings in DosBox or use older computer like 486 or Pentium?
Not stupid at all, thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately the first time I got the bug was on an actual 486, way back in 94 or 95 (it was my 2nd or 3rd run). It was the exact same PC on which I managed to complete my first run. It's still there in DOSBox. And, as on the 486, it's not always there. So it's very unlikely to do with speed. Still... I should probably try it if I ever have the courage to replay the game.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BRO BELIEVE IT OR NOT I AM WORKINGON IT REVISING MY FIRST DRAFT

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
I look forward to reading it, bro.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom