Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Good Old Games Short Story Competition

DefJam101

Arcane
Daring
Angry cunt
Russell Crowe
Knower of alts
Usurper of the Kodex throne
Nigger-hating
Dispenser of tags
Extreme
Recursive
Leader of FMF
Original gangster
Russell Crowe!!
...Dark

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Anyway, it is a telling thing of the Codex that the best story we could produce was a toilet humour situational.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Wrath of the Underlord, or: the tale of Zerotol

I have not much time left. As I'm writing this, I know that he found me. I know that he's after me. He knows my diguise, and he's hell-bent on destroying me. He had successfully banished me from his realm five times. He threw me out because I insulted him, a crime worth capital punishment under his harsh law. I came back. I was disguised, I hoped he would not know who I am - but he found out. He noticed from the patterns of my actions, the way I spoke. He recognized me. And when I did something only slightly wrong, he banished me again. Yet he could not defeat me. I returned. This time, with a more clever diguise. He did not notice me. But I made a mistake. When people talked about my first banishment, I told them that I came back. I thought the Dark Underlord would let me stay this time - in my new disguise, I hadn't done anything wrong. But yet again, he banished me, and I did not know why. And the people of his realm approved of it.

They hated me. I do not know what it was that made them dislike me so much. Was it the way I talked? The way I behaved? Were it my opinions? It did not matter. The people in this realm hated me. And the Dark Underlord warned me that this would be the last time I could get away with a simple banishment. If I returned again, and if anybody managed to see through my disguise, he would annihilate me. He would send me to a dimension of pain and agony, with no hope of return. I came back. And now I feel they're at me. They're hunting me. They are suspicious - I think they already know who I am.

They know that I am Zerotol the Proud, and they want me gone. They think that I bring bad things to them, things they call "decline". But I never did anything bad. Or, at least, nothing that I thought was bad. Maybe they had other standards than I. Maybe they... but it doesn't matter, I can feel the Dark Underlord is at me. The cruel leader of Codexia who banishes and kills people just for fun, who makes them wear ridiculous hats just because he thinks it would be funny. And now, now he will.... FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

"Guys, I've finally IP-banned zerotol. Everyone who told me not to ban him will gain a Dumbfuck!! tag." ~DarkUnderlord

spacemoose

Erudite
Wyrmlord said:
Anyway, it is a telling thing of the Codex that the best story we could produce was a toilet humour situational.
I think you mean 'piercing expose, speaking truth to power'

denigrating great achievements of others only makes you look worse

Durwyn

Prophet
This thread delivers...

:stampofapproval:

So far, the best is Silellak, runner up - Darth Roxor

DefJam101 said:
Daring
Angry cunt
Russell Crowe
Knower of alts
Usurper of the Kodex throne
Nigger-hating
Dispenser of tags
Extreme
Recursive
Leader of FMF
Original gangster
Russell Crowe!!
...Dark
crowe_hood_lg.jpg

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Guys, we've got 10 games to give away, 2 in each topic. So even if Silellak wins the AOD won, we still need a 2nd place that topic. All in all, this is a pretty piss poor effort. You all suck. We may as well take the games for ourselves you worthless bastards.

Annie Mitsoda

Digimancy Entertainment
Developer
Hey! I contributed! I can't very well submit anything relating to AoD. People would accuse me of terrible things. Even moreso than usual!

A Farewell to Volourn
21:17 November 4, 2109-
Oh God. I can't find out what is happening outside this exploding building I am holed up in. I keep thinking to myself I am the only Volourn Statue Sculptor Technician left in the Grand New V City. I am the ony one to etch the sixty-nine teachings of Volourn into each of those future artifice free statues that will stand on every corner. But this can't be true. I don't even know what is going on outside this room that I have taken cover in. Explosions are continuous above me, on the upper floors. The Forlorn Machines must be using their plasma grenades.
They came out of nowhere. The Forlorn Machines seemed to materialize out of the steel structures of our Grand V City. They are against the teachings of Volourn. "Anti-V's" we call them.
21:37
Any minute I know these Machines will come through the door. I'm laying in steel rubble. Must have been from a plasma cannon that blew half the neighboring wall away. Maybe the hole in the wall will be better cover. No. Better not move. I grip the cold steel of my particle beam shotgun just a bit tighter.
21:40
I can hear the Forlorn Machines at the door, grinding and whirling to get in. It sounds louder in the darkness. I have to be ready. There is nothing to bar the door with. I wish I could somehow attach my flashlight to my shotgun. And then, suddenly I remember Volourn's 1st teaching:
"Never forget the duct tape."

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Annie Carlson said:
Hey! I contributed!
And we thank you. The Codex needs more good contributors like yourself who are willing to sacrifice their time for a good cause.

Annie Carlson said:
I can't very well submit anything relating to AoD.
In the unlikely story that is the Codex Good Old Games Compeition, there has never been anything false about hope. For when we have faced down impossible odds; when we've been told that we're not ready, or that we shouldn't try, or that we can't, generations of Codexians have responded with a simple creed that sums up the spirit of a people.

Yes we can.

It was a creed written into the Codex' founding documents that declared the destiny of a website.

Yes we can.

It was whispered by niggers and jews as they blazed a trail toward lulz through General Discussion.

Yes we can.

It was posted by alts as they struck out from their main accounts and new members who pushed on against an unforgiving reception.

Yes we can.

Yes we can to writing more short stories. Yes we can to opportunity and prosperity. Yes we can heal this website. Yes we can repair AOD by turning it into an MMOARPG. Yes we can.

This is a new world Annie. In this world, yes we can.

Annie Carlson said:
People would accuse me of terrible things. Even moreso than usual!
I heard your plump breasts are actually two dead puppies you stuff down the front of your shirt every morning and hold in place with duct tape. Prove me wrong Annie! Prove me wrong!

Silellak

Cipher
DarkUnderlord said:
Silellak wins the AOD won.

If you keep making slips like that, people are going to know I bribed you.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom