Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Codex now more mainstream than RPGWatch?

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I like it, but not so much.

Not as much as The Surge, Technomancer, Hard West, or The Dwarves. I see. You make Sensuki proud :P

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I don't know what half those games on that list are.

Two possibilities:
  • You don't belong to RPGWatch target group - RPG enthusiasts that are interested in indie, mainstream and obscure games
  • You should read more RPGWatch articles to be informed

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Shadorwun: Hong Kong
With that attitude you'll never get an exclusive scoop.
Watch out for some of our next articles and you'll see. :)
-> With this I leave this cross-topic cross-site intermezzo. But if some of you guys think the Watch is only mainstream then you should really visit more often.

Watch had a scoop that one time they ruined Larian's Kickstarter launch :smug:
-> wasn't so bad for the Kickstarter - wasn't it ?

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
We do visit often but you guys continue to force us to use the burned-out shell of a concentration camp every time we visit.

It smells in there.

Weasel
We do visit often but you guys continue to force us to use the burned-out shell of a concentration camp every time we visit.
It smells in there.

[checks out concentration camp]

8w4C6bJ.jpg

"where is that smell coming from?"

:troll:

Angthoron

Arcane
-> wasn't so bad for the Kickstarter - wasn't it ?

What, you mean the 20K collected from the two sites vs potential 100-250K lost from launching during final phases of PoE? Yeah, wasn't so bad at all.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Codex news feed is semi official inxile and obsidian PR desk.

Not enough coverage of indie rpg scene beyond Fargo's latest scam or obsidian prolonged insolvency.

There are the ocasional larian and HBS news bits.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Codex news feed is semi official inxile and obsidian PR desk.

Not enough coverage of indie rpg scene beyond Fargo's latest scam or obsidian prolonged insolvency.

There are the ocasional larian and HBS news bits.

Don't forget Underworld Ascendant!

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
The Surge is the new RPG from Deck 13, who's previous games were Venetica and Lords of the Fallen.
I can see why the Watch put that one at the top of their list.
That quote omits Blood Knights, but I can see why they would want everybody to forget that one. :D

Maybe I should write a Codex review, to warn everyone not to buy even at 90% off.

The indie games that are good, the Codex tends to cover. Underrail, AoD, Darkest Dungeon all get press. The other shovelshit that gets released weekly isn't worth the bandwidth.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom