Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Colony Ship Early Access Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

janior

Arcane
Patron
I hope he dies before the video is released

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
not debating that, folks, but I d say he's shallow even by the "outside of codex" standards. So he might actually find the game too hard & complex for him and offer his "critique" instead.
The dude plays rusfinder on the hardest difficulty. He's not that dumb and incapable of basic math. I think his tastes are kinda plebian, but he seems competent skillswise, and clearly capable of interacting with complex rulesets (which colony ship mostly isn't btw).

Sòren

Arcane
during the harbinger's quest, you don't seem to have an option to kill Knurl after talking to her at the heart (he doesn't even spawn at Mission control before talking to her, but still no option to attack).
it seems to be that you either: have to leave the pit before finishing the last fight of the court -----or-----kill him before leaving the pit. doesn't make sense, for obvious reasons.

Sòren

Arcane
during the harbinger's quest, you don't seem to have an option to kill Knurl after talking to her at the heart (he doesn't even spawn at Mission control before talking to her, but still no option to attack).
it seems to be that you either: have to leave the pit before finishing the last fight of the court -----or-----kill him before leaving the pit. doesn't make sense, for obvious reasons.

i was wromg about that, as i just discovered. you need to pick the right dialogue options, then finally "fine, i will kill him" appears in conversation with Harbinger. then, it does work.

Jinn

Arcane
So is there a considerable amount more content that is going to be added to the beginning parts of the game in v1.0? Or am I safe to get in there for the first few hours?

Last edited:

jackofshadows

Magister
So is there going to be a considerable amount more content that is going to be added to the beginning parts of the game in v1.0? Or am I safe to get in there for the first few hours?
This isn't Larian-like. Go test the waters now, if you like.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
So is there going to be a considerable amount more content that is going to be added to the beginning parts of the game in v1.0? Or am I safe to get in there for the first few hours?
We're working on the endings only so you can start playing now. The achievements aren't unlocked yet on the default branch though.

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
CS being a prequel for AoD isn't even that nonsensical. But my personal tinfoil hat theory is that the Ship is actually an experiment on Earth before they launch the actual ship, that would explain the gravity at the very least.
You can have Earth gravity by constantly accelerating during the first half of the journey and then constantly decelerating during the other half.

motherfucker

Educated
CS being a prequel for AoD isn't even that nonsensical. But my personal tinfoil hat theory is that the Ship is actually an experiment on Earth before they launch the actual ship, that would explain the gravity at the very least.
You can have Earth gravity by constantly accelerating during the first half of the journey and then constantly decelerating during the other half.
Yeah but you'd have to orient the ship a certain way, which changes halfway through. Gotta have the thrusters on both sides

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I remember a youtube review of AoD where the reviewer had a whole section about how Vince is mean and called someone a retard, and that these days it's just not ok to do that. Very touching stuff.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
He also panned Deus Ex because Alex Jones and QAnon or something.
I watched only snippets but that video in which he was criticizing the game because he considers conspiracy theories to be harmful, illuminati theory to be anti-semitic, and since 2020 conspiracy theories especially dangerous, and Deus Ex gives too uncomfortable feeling as its conspiracy theories turned out to be somewhat true? And the ease of access to information made people browse information and therefore stupidier instead of listening to the media?

Yes, that video was... englightening.

motherfucker

Educated
I watched the video out of curiosity and now I want to punch his soyboi face.
His channel page greets you with Witcher 3 praise, did you really have to watch anything to see how much of a dumb motherfucker you're dealing with?
I hope devs call him a retard preemptively so he refuses to review the game

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
You can (although the turn in the middle would be a bit rough). But it's also fuel inefficient to thrust like that, even taking human limitations into account.

Then again, the engine in the game seems to not use fuel, just power, so it is probably some sci-fi tech. Or it is not drawing fuel because the ship is already at its destination and the power drain is just some standby current and no one understands it enough to know that's what's going on.

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
Achievements just got added.
*Vince is saying the full game is available start to finish now on the Steam forums, itz time!!!
xzWBayR.png

Last edited:

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Achievements just got added.
*Vince is saying the full game is available start to finish now on the Steam forums, itz time!!!
xzWBayR.png
I'm going to wait for the ~official~ final release and probably the first patch, but this is tremendous news. Huge congrats on reaching this point. Eternal GOTY.

EDIT: FUCK IT, I"M DOING THIS RIGHT NOW, DOWNLOADING, LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

:yeah:

TheDarkUrge

Educated
How buggy is the beta usually? I assume the starter areas are relatively polished at least? I played 3 years ago after buying. Not sure if I should wait.

Anyways congrats on the release. I shall be shilling the game soon

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Ran into some typos, and it seems that the last 4 or so updates have involved some significant changes to how the implants work and the loot locations, but otherwise it's golden. I wish the map worked like AoD (press M, then an actual map appears and you can click the location, rather than go through a list), but whatever.

Regarding typos/broken quests, in the drain there's a person being beaten up by thugs. Hank or something. Anyway, if you scare the thugs away Hank "looks at the bodies and then looks back at you"; obviously there aren't any bodies because I am not getting into stupid fights. Also, there's no quest entry for him while he waits for you to prepare for the real fight that he wants you to handle. As for other typos... near the end of the intro questions the game has "beliefs and opinion" rather than "beliefs and opinions". The intro slides for the Pit read "Jonas's", with the excess "s". There are others but I wasn't taking notes. I want to say that the initial dialogue with Jonas after you go to Abe's is a little strange/off. I took the speech route and the two thugs got shot outside by Braxton, but Jonas seemed to think I pulled the trigger or at least was next to Braxton when they died, despite there being a crowd of people that would say otherwise and there being no way for Jonas to really know anything given that it happened 5 seconds ago and I ran directly to him.

I haven't finished the first act yet, only left to go to the armory for a little while. I was a little pissy because apparently the sarge upgrade doesn't give you plus 1 companion anymore, but it's okay because I see there's a feat for that now. I'll just grab it next lvl up. Faythe will have to wait.

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
How buggy is the beta usually? I assume the starter areas are relatively polished at least? I played 3 years ago after buying. Not sure if I should wait.

Anyways congrats on the release. I shall be shilling the game soon
Iirc, not that buggy, but there will be some fixes.

I will not play before the official release. I will not. I think I will play one of the following two builds
Cyborg mk2.
STR 4
CON 10
Dex 6
Per 8
Int 8
Cha 4
Heroic con feat, get all the augs, eventually pick up armored warfare. With shotguns this time since I was disappointed by energy rifle last time, although pistols are arguably better. Might juggle those stats a bit to be able to get armored warfare earlier. Tag (shotguns,) critical strike, computers and electronics. I expect this build to be quite hard early on, but hopefully become very strong later.
-----
Cult leader scientist.
Stats: just max cha and int, dump per and str.
Get no combat stats skills on pc, let companions do all the work, while you beat all speech checks and spend all your tags on science/stealth skills. With 10 CHA and the barter feat I suspect the initial disposition boni will make most speech challenges a cakewalk, and 3 companions specced for max combat with some grenade support from pc can deal with most encounters quite well.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom