Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Coriolis - A Sci-Fi RPG from the makers of Mutant: Year Zero

Dedup

Augur
I saw this sci-fi RPG on Kickstarter today and found the setting described in the video interesting. It mixes the sci-fi elements with religious mysticism where you apparently have spirits and gods called Icons. The game itself centers on your spaceship where the players are crew and you travel to different spaceports looking for work and dealing with all the factions of the setting.

From the description it looks like the rule set is a modified version of their previous game Mutant: Year Zero. I never played M:YZ but took a look at a couple of reviews and its free preview. The reviews I saw were pretty good but it was hard to tell how the system plays since the preview for M:YZ only really covered character creation but what I saw looked alright. It looks like a d6 dice pool system where the more 6s you roll the more critical your success and if you fail to roll any 6s it counts as a failure. I have no idea how combat is handled though.

With 24 days left the Kickstarter has already passed its funding goal and is well into its stretch goals. Here's the link if you want to take a look.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
I backed this after hearing many good things about M:0. The idea of having community-building rules hard-baked into the system itself also intrigues me.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Nice artworks but not even a hint of a screenshot. Also I hate over promising projects.

Well, good luck to them. The project is funded anyway.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom