Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Could Obsidian and Bethesda form a lasting partnership?

MetalCraze

Arcane
TwinkieGorilla said:
Listen...all that's happening here is all the FO3tards are buying what they think is the next F03game.

It's the next FO3 game.

That's why sales are high...but after playing it and not having the stupid "epic" lulzy fucking bullshit tht FO3 was packed with...the next time they'd see/hear Obsidian's name attached to a Fallout project they'd probably steer clear. Unfortunate, but such is the state of gaming and mentality of your average gamer.

The hypocrisy in this quote is overwhelming considering that NV is exactly like FO3 with a few whistles attached.

It's like that thing I was talking about
Retarded fanboys bashing Bethesda for exactly the same thing they praise Obsidian for

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
MetalCraze said:
The hypocrisy in this quote is overwhelming considering that NV is exactly like FO3 with a few whistles attached.

Wow, you know a lot about the nature of NV. I await your LP of NV with eagerness. Seems a shame to be playing/fapping over it in secret as you are now without doing a service for all of us. :smug:

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Multidirectional said:
Beth should leave everything Fallout related to Obsidian and focus on their TES stuff as far as I'm concerned.
I can't see this happening. Beth didn't buy the license just to outsource it and not make any more games in it. When they were talking about their passion for the series, I don't think that was bullshit. They just lacked the subtely and understanding in order to implement it properly. No, I think the best case scenario is what I suggested - they make the new "core game," including new engine and all that, and then Obsidian makes another based off that engine. If they just outsourced all future Fallout titles to Obsidian then Obsidian would have to make the new engine, since they wouldn't be able to just keep churning out new games based on the same engine for long. I think this way actually works better, since it would free up Obsidian to just focus on the good stuff.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom