Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Counter-Strike 2

oldbonebrown

Arcane
The FFA deathmatch mode is very annoying. Not a calm moment without suddenly getting shot from behind.

soutaiseiriron

Educated
The FFA deathmatch mode is very annoying. Not a calm moment without suddenly getting shot from behind.
lol, lmao even. Just know the spawns and go for one taps. Valve DM deathmatch is braindead and if you're not getting top 3 you're just really bad, this isn't bragging, most Valve DM players are literally low nova at best. Community deathmatch is better because of better spawns, no invulnerability that noobs can abuse and higher skill players, but tbh I still prefer seal clubbing in Valve DM.

Titanfall 2 was made with Source and it looks better than this "upgrade"...
I don't think TF2 even had any sort of volumetric lighting and their PBR materials were pretty mid. Regardless it was basically completely written compared to normal Source, only small bits like movement physics and the subtitles remained in TF2 and Apex.

Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
I had to surrender a game because everyone on the server was completely lagged out. I honestly don't remember this happening once in all of CS:GO, only on shit like ESEA when a faggot would DDOS.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
For the last couple of days I went back to playing CS 1.6 with my buddy in his gaming den

Still an amazing game. I am shocked how many people still play it. You have full servers in the middle of the night

Anyway, much prefer the sense of speed in CS 1.6. The margin for error is also more narrow (easier to die)

9ted6

Educated
It doesn't need map specific models
It doesn't need consistent hitreg
It doesn't need optimized performance
It doesn't need good netcode
It doesn't need functional anticheat
It doesn't need more maps
It doesn't need more guns
It doesn't need better matchmaking
wJHEp7y.png

Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
For the last couple of days I went back to playing CS 1.6 with my buddy in his gaming den

Still an amazing game. I am shocked how many people still play it. You have full servers in the middle of the night

Anyway, much prefer the sense of speed in CS 1.6. The margin for error is also more narrow (easier to die)
I still hop on occasionally but living in NA my only/best choice are Brazil or other South American servers.

Those guys are still going at it.

ind33d

Educated
How are the community servers? Any 24/7 Office or Dust 2 yet? Matchmaking is a waste of time until some real anticheat gets implemented.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
I tried server browsing
It doesn't work
Also some reason, server browsing is now done outside the game
What an amazing upgrade CS2 is

soutaiseiriron

Educated
I don't see how. The first bullet accuracy is so much worse in 1.6 that firefights can be really drawn out if it's beyond close range. It's only really easier to die to cheesy wallbangs, or grenades and getting flashed, since flashes were a lot more powerful and grenades went through walls.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
the goat of FPS.

however nothing beats the 1.5 pre Steam days.

That was the best ERA of Counter-Strike

I began playing CS when the version was 1.3. In this version on de_aztec you could plant C4 in the swamp

Then came 1.5 and I remember strafing with no limitations

After 1.6 you could not strafe anymore

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom