Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Counter-Strike 2

zerotol

Arcane
Patron
the goat of FPS.

however nothing beats the 1.5 pre Steam days.

That was the best ERA of Counter-Strike

I began playing CS when the version was 1.3. In this version on de_aztec you could plant C4 in the swamp

Then came 1.5 and I remember strafing with no limitations

After 1.6 you could not strafe anymore

i dont remember any of this, i started playing in early betas

Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
BosanskiSeljak since you are a pro what are your CS 1.6 tips?
For 1.6? I was a little kid just waiting for any chance to hop on a computer at a Cafe or begging an older family member to use the PC to play that game lol. Source was just casual fucking around in fun gamemodes. Only game I took mildly seriously was GO.

Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Quake is the pinnacle of high skill ceiling competitive FPS. I'm not mad that Counterstrike took over (despite being annoyed by the look and feel of CS2, CS:GO grew on me over 10 years). However, if CS dies and all that's left is Valorant...fuck me. Not like that will happen though, Valorant will die before CS. Valorant scene is fake, propped up by unsustainable streaming and other stuff. Still scary to think about...

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This game crashes A LOT, I had almost no proper match without getting a crash, unless in casual mode which gives me about 50% chance of crash (since they are much shorter). The gameplay seems off, I really dislike changes.

Physics are still terrible, even worse than before I think. The new 'smoke effect' of smoke granades is completely unrealistic, and the fragmentation granades remain the same (which is comletely unrealistic as well). But we have a molotov coctail now! What does it do? Bounces off the wall, explodes in the air...

Guns are without major changes but ridden with garbage 'skin' cancer that makes the game feel like Fortnite more than Counter-Strike. You also get spammed with 'drops' and some 'containers' with items but you have to buy keys with real money to unlock them lmao.

They even removed all 'default' skins, leaving only one per team so everybody looks the same... unless you drop or buy a skin! They really want to push gambling on you with this game. Shooting enemies is secondary.

This game crashes A LOT, I had almost no proper match without getting a crash, unless in casual mode which gives me about 50% chance of crash (since they are much shorter). The gameplay seems off, I really dislike changes.
I haven't crashed in game yet, but do have random frame drops. It brings me back to playing early cs:go on a laptop pulling 25 frames. Demo viewer crashing like a mf though. If you can even get a demo running, there are random rounds thst will crash the game and you never know which one it is.

Guns are without major changes but ridden with garbage 'skin' cancer that makes the game feel like Fortnite more than Counter-Strike. You also get spammed with 'drops' and some 'containers' with items but you have to buy keys with real money to unlock them lmao.
This is nothing new, drops have been here forever and drops after leveling XP have been since 2015. I dont see an issue with the rest of what you said. Crates are still worth a good amount on their, so even if you don't open them, just playing the game consistently will give you enough money on steam to buy 2-5 games on steam per year.

Plus the weapon drops. My first XP drop when they introduced it ~8 years ago was a CZ Chalice, and I used that skin on csgolounge for betting as a starter, and increased my inv. to $3000 over a summer. Worth wayyy more now but I stupidly sold in 2016((

They even removed all 'default' skins, leaving only one per team so everybody looks the same... unless you drop or buy a skin! They really want to push gambling on you with this game. Shooting enemies is secondary.
This pisses me off almost more than anything. I hate all the extra fluff, like the fucking screen of agents with their guns at the start of halves. I don't want to play zoomer shit like valorant.

ds

Cipher
Patron
https://www.unknowncheats.me/forum/counter-strike-2-a/614543-cross-site-scripting-xss-cs2.html
Crouch9706 said:
merry Christmas everybody!!

you can XSS in CS2 by setting your name on steam to any HTML (32 characters or under), going into a match, then calling a vote to kick yourself. if you don't know how to kick yourself, have a friend set his name to your HTML and vote to kick him.

in this example i got a friend to set his username to an IP logger. below are the screenshots of name we used in game as well as the IP logger panel showing the XSS worked and got the IPs of our teammates

HETB46I.png

2qkRZLP.png

BaYgY1V.png

Valve pls.

Last edited:

oldbonebrown

Arcane
I love the xm1014
The $900 reward per head is insane. I don't know how the gun sees so little play. People who buy famas must want to be poor.

I love the xm1014
The $900 reward per head is insane. I don't know how the gun sees so little play. People who buy famas must want to be poor.
the gun is a cheat code in lower elo, I have a friend who mains it in 10,000-13,000

When I play someone using an XM though..it's a gimmick play which you can use to surprise 1 time but once I know it's in play it's just easy frags.

oldbonebrown

Arcane
If the latest update is all they have to show for another few months then it is trash. This is bare minimum shit the game should've shipped with.
I find arms race quite tiresome and I'm very tired of the map pool by now.

Also salty that I just placed a lot of stickers on my toy guns, that I now wish I could replace after the update.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
I've had a couple of ranked matches with friends this past tuesday night
Haven't had one of those in years and apparently neither one of them had touch this sequel/update since it's first release month

And only shit who optimized this fucking thing?
I had to the game on low to stop stuttering every 5 seconds
My machine is underpowered but it can still run CP2077 with nearly 60fps and this is CS, the game should not be more demanding than Portal 2

Anyway aside from that
All 3 different teams we played agaisnt kinda sucked
We're on lower ranks but I still got the impression competitive used to be thougher back in 2015
Also smokes and molotovs are definitely the new hotness, there was not a single match where both items weren't used

oldbonebrown

Arcane
I really enjoy the vertigo games that end in team bloodshed, toilet camping and people jumping off the edge

the best of times is when you can get the whole team to jump together

kites

samsung verizon hitachi
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
I’ve come around on it; a lot of the duels feel very fair to me + it’s easy to do fake-outs with footsteps while CT’s listen from above.. only problem I have is taking B site feels very unwieldy to me, especially when pushing early or when low on utility late-game - it often comes out to a trade. It’s definitely a map that emphasizes teamwork more than some others, there are many spots you need a pal to keep an eye on an angle (such as rushing A ramp it helps having someone watch side, so you don’t have to clear your backside. I was avoiding Anubis for the longest time as well, but have been enjoying it.. another one where I hate taking B if I don’t have good teamwork going :shittydog:

The brightness of the maps is wearing on me, though. The Cache update preview looks a little more subdued and gloomy, hope it stays that way and gets added soon..

Ryzer

Arcane
I never understood the appeal of this game, it's not a good shooter, not even a fun game. It's a game made for $$$ hence the multiple skins worth 1k$ but the shooter itself is terribad offering really poor shooting mechanics.

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2019 is heap and bounds better than this shit, both in term of sound design, weapon design, fun shooting mechanics, I dare say it yes Call of duty is better than Counter Strike these days.

I’ve come around on it; a lot of the duels feel very fair to me + it’s easy to do fake-outs with footsteps while CT’s listen from above.. only problem I have is taking B site feels very unwieldy to me, especially when pushing early or when low on utility late-game - it often comes out to a trade. It’s definitely a map that emphasizes teamwork more than some others, there are many spots you need a pal to keep an eye on an angle (such as rushing A ramp it helps having someone watch side, so you don’t have to clear your backside. I was avoiding Anubis for the longest time as well, but have been enjoying it.. another one where I hate taking B if I don’t have good teamwork going :shittydog:

The brightness of the maps is wearing on me, though. The Cache update preview looks a little more subdued and gloomy, hope it stays that way and gets added soon..

Cache shouldn't have been taken out of the map pool or changed at all, what a shame.

The current map pool is the worst in in csgo/cs2 history.

Anubis is fun to play but still not the best map.

Ancient is my favourite map at the moment, they did a really good job with the fixes there so I'll keep up some hope for Anubis. Anubis is really fun to just absolutely destroy scrubs though

I never understood the appeal of this game, it's not a good shooter, not even a fun game. It's a game made for $$$ hence the multiple skins worth 1k$ but the shooter itself is terribad offering really poor shooting mechanics.

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2019 is heap and bounds better than this shit, both in term of sound design, weapon design, fun shooting mechanics, I dare say it yes Call of duty is better than Counter Strike these days.
Call of Duty hasn't been fun since MW2.

Also lol at "shooting mechanics". CS has the most satisfying fps for a long time already in terms of gunplay.

And considering the franchise existed for 14 years before skins + cs2 wasn't made for skins, you've proven yet again how retarded your takes are.

Please do me a favour and don't post in threads im in.

Ryzer

Arcane

Also lol at "shooting mechanics". CS has the most satisfying fps for a long time already in terms of gunplay.
Have you ever played Call of duty 2019? Your software is so outdated dude.

Have you ever played Call of duty 2019? Your software is so outdated dude.
Yes, I have, a friend got it for me to play. Mostly played the 50v50 or whatever it was but did dabble in other gamemodes to see how everything is, considering the last COD I played was BO2.

My PC can run it perfectly by the way, thanks for asking!

Had to go way back in some pictures backups I made 4 years ago to find this:
AOzGSwJ.png

You can just say you are shit at everything you play, so you have to keep yourself on casual games. You are not on my level when it comes to RPGs or actual good FPS, so kindly let the grownups discuss the important matters which go over your head.

There's a reason this game is so popular with the console crowd.

Ryzer

Arcane
lmao thinking in 2024 that CS is for the hardcore GaMeRS, dude please.
There are only two worthwhile weapons in CS: M4 and AK, actually 3 with AWP, much tactics and such good FPS.
It's been the same tactics at play with the smoke and incendiary grenades for more than a decade already and you know it. The game offers nothing new.

lmao thinking in 2024 that CS is for the hardcore GaMeRS, dude please.
There are only two worthwhile weapons in CS: M4 and AK, actually 3 with AWP, much tactics and such good FPS.
It's been the same tactics at play with the smoke and incendiary grenades for more than a decade already and you know it. The game offers nothing new.
Scout, mp9, eagle, five seven/tec9, p250, galil. Try again retard.

"More than a decade"

The meta has shifted many many times in the past decade. Hell, 2019 counterstrike plays differently than 2023/24 counterstrike, and stuff from 2016 or earlier looks foreign.

No reason to drastically change something that works. Unless you like consoomer valorant/cod that much.

Like I said, fuck out of here and let the grownups talk. Every reply you change the topic because you have nothing to say, you're a brucegpt level poster.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom