Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cow Guru, I too have been banned.

Derper

Prophet
Is all of this still true?

Xi

Arcane
Derper said:

Yes. ESF has the most censored moderation on just about any gaming forum. For the most part, only official opinions are welcome there. Anything outside of official, agreed upon ideology get's locked, deleted, or the user banned.

It is quite a shitty community, void of any real intellectualism because debate is considered flame bait. Thus, to be critical and skeptical means that you are a troll regardless of whether the points being made are valid.

The forum violates thousands of years of philosophical progress that discusses the merits of logic, reason, morality, and even censorship. It's a cesspool of stupidity.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Xi said:
Derper said:

Yes. ESF has the most censored moderation on just about any gaming forum. For the most part, only official opinions are welcome there. Anything outside of official, agreed upon ideology get's locked, deleted, or the user banned.

It is quite a shitty community, void of any real intellectualism because debate is considered flame bait. Thus, to be critical and skeptical means that you are a troll regardless of whether the points being made are valid.

The forum violates thousands of years of philosophical progress that discusses the merits of logic, reason, morality, and even censorship. It's a cesspool of stupidity.

I used to be a regular on the Morrowind and Oblivion mods forums. There are many good people there among the modders and players (the "retards" hang out in the General forums or on TEXNexus), but the draconian rules and the mindless moderator bots ruin the fun. Not being able to speak one's mind, the constant "we are not allowed to discuss that", not being allowed to discuss other players/modders, and the ridiculous censorship was just too much.

The funny thing is that one of the most zealous moderators, Princess Stomper, who likes nothing better than to close threads just as discussions are getting interesting, was once a "rebel" who didn't like the new and draconian "we are not allowed to link to anything that containing nudity or sex" rules, and tried to migrate the Morrowind modding community to Planet Elder Scrolls. So I guess Bethesda gave her the moderator job to make her shut up...

Luzur

Good Sir
well, she shut me down cuz i posted a link (a request actually)to Svatopluk's site, which had pics of pixelated Daggerfall nudity.

Derper

Prophet
Sounds like a bore. So the fanboys all nod in agreement, pat each other and the devs on the back, and that's it? No discussions, no lols? So why do they go there?

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
those fuckers were supposed to unban me in august 2009, turns out it was permanent.

although i don't think i'd get banned again since posting on teamliquid has caused me to love big brother, i still prefer r/skyrim for discussion.

Cassidy

Arcane
I never browsed ESF.

:obviously:

Can't see why bother with any online environment that provides far less freedom than real life environments for debate unless one is a retarded cocksucker, a retarded wannabe moderator cocksucker, or retarded in all its different forms.

Yet I shudder to think about the types of ESF refugees 11/11/11 will bring in as the prelude to 2012 newfags.

Luzur

Good Sir
Cassidy said:
I never browsed ESF.

:obviously:

Can't see why bother with any online environment that provides far less freedom than real life environments for debate unless one is a retarded cocksucker, a retarded wannabe moderator cocksucker, or retarded in all its different forms.

well when i joined TESf around the time Morrowind was about to get released, it was a pretty free forum (only rules i can remember was no swearwords or trolling), it only turned into North Korea with Kim Jung Princess_Stomper after Oblivion.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom