Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crytek says people should pay for (their) popamole demos

Gerrard

Arcane
http://www.incgamers.com/News/22036/cry ... -disappear

"A free demo is a luxury we have in the game industry that we don't have in other industries such as film," said Yerli.

"I think that we'll see more and more games not carrying a demo in future, because it become prohibitively expensive,"
I wonder if it has something to do with him sucking EA's dick?

Good thing all PC games have free demos. And they don't even cost a thing to make. :smug:

DriacKin

Arbiter
butthurt developer said:
"A free demo is a luxury we have in the game industry that we don't have in other industries such as film," said Yerli.

Umm... wut?
The major film studios release trailers and short clips for just about major film they create.

Silellak

Cipher
DriacKin said:
butthurt developer said:

Umm... wut?
The major film studios release trailers and short clips for just about major film they create.
Not to mention advance screenings filled with Average People, rather than just previews made by the overly-pampered gaming industry.

Current day 'Full games' have become so short that they are dangerously close to paid for demos already.

Phelot

Arcane
Guys developers work hard on their games do you want them to waste time on demos or on making the grafix look cooler i mean i want to be able to customize my characters hair and i already preordered the game to get the special 100 page collectors edition instruction manual.

Chaotic Lulz3r

Liturgist
phelot said:
Guys developers work hard on their games do you want them to waste time on demos or on making the grafix look cooler i mean i want to be able to customize my characters hair and i already preordered the game to get the special 5 page collectors edition upcoming dlc advertising pamphlet.

Fixed.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Crytek's demos already cost money. Wait Crytek actually means they were games and not a showcase of shader effects?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom