Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Re-Announcement Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
- cRPG adaptation of a proper PnP system: pure :incline:

- done by a developer of glorified action games: hrrm. Grumble... If I want action, I don't turn on my computer; I go out to places with cheap booze frequented by students :martini:

Official declaration of intent: wait and see, I guess. But if I hear anything about QTEs, Poland better be ready for forceful occupation : x

Yoshiyyahu

Arcane
Patron
Zy81J.jpg

Compare.

haha i just saw that in the core rulebook :P

bonescraper

Heh, QTEs are my least concern. This game is being made by CDPR, the guys who are desperately trying to fit in in today's video game market, and who secretly want to replace Bioware as masters of acion-heavy, emotionally engaging, extreme, dumbed down, next-gen RPGs.

Just don't get your hopes up. Expect Cyberpunk Effect, or DX:HR clone at best.

mondblut

Arcane
The art that was showed (the guy with the mohawk) was a GIANT hint that this was Cyberpunk 2020. I just checked the handbook. The guy (only with normal hair) was on one of the pages, exactly in the same pose and background.

The guy in the book does not look like tranny at all, so the hint is easy to miss.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I asked God to deliver me a Cyberpunk RPG, and he send me the Poles. Poles, I bow before thee and pray you to deliver me Incline. Please. Really. Pretty please.

You will be crushed.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
You mean, releasing a teaser art that is supposed to be an obvious nod and hint to the theme of the game, also most likely informing the dude behind the pnp game about it beforehand, since they are apparently working with him, is the same thing as stealing a bunch of photos from the web and putting photoshop effects over them?

:hmmm:

meh

Educated
Hopefully netrunner won't be a terrible class with terrible minigames as it's now in pnp version.

CorpseZeb

Learned
Under a competent, native English speaking writer, this could be good. But Polacks just cannot into good writing. We already saw that in Witcher 2. Totally bland and soulless writing.

On contrary, quality writing of The Witcher (the game) is in the opposite scale to the quality of original prose (the books). That's one of main reason, I can't stand The Witcher (the game). Also, try Lem. Something of him, no matter what. For example "The Futurological Congress" - this piece alone is worth a Nobel prize. Lem was genius. One of the true giants of SF genre. So... not the "nation" but always a "individuality", matters.

Suchy

Arcane
Mike Pondsmith (creator of Cyberpunk PnP) is going to cooperate with CDPR on the game. He says so on the conference.

20 Eyes

Liturgist
I can't wait for another shooter with words. Day 1 purchase.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom