Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crispy™ D&D 5E one-shot recruiting + review discussion

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Actually, if only Night Goat and Irenaeus played, that would be funny. Ulminati could run a poll where the codex creates an Evil NPC that "aids" them. ;)

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
he's running a fan written module for 4th level characters and it will probably be a one off, although we all hope it isn't.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I'm running a one-off fan module written for level 4 characters. Also, level 4 is where people get a chance to get their first feat (if they forego +2 to an attribute). It seemed like a good level to play at. If it turns out I like 5E (which is still up in the air), I may decide to make a longer campaign. It won't be a homebrew. I don't have that kind of free time nowadays, much as 'd like to. But maybe I'll pick up the starter kit and offer to run that. I hear it's pretty good and takes people from level 1 to 5.

[edit]

Night goat will be thrilled to know I checked the 4 pregenerated characters (fighter, mage, thief, cleric) that came with the adventure. none of them have any special gear beyond starting gear, so neither will we. :3

Last edited:

TigerKnee

Arcane
Well the release of a certain game means I won't try to rush through the rulebook in just 2 days but maybe I'll drop in and spectate to see how it goes.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Good luck with the game, lads. I wish I could join you - alas, not this time.

Myself, I warmed up towards D&D 5.0 over these days. Less bloat may turn out to be more fun some times. I am looking forward ro your impressions.

WarHamster

Augur
Patron
I take it I'm not off the hook? OK then, one hungover player reporting for duty (tomorrow). Ulminati, I'll PM you my PC's stats. I made (in a terrible rush, so hopefully I didn't make too many mistakes) a halfling ranger named Elias Strongweed. He's not the sharpest tool in the shed, but is fast and perceptive. He can function as a scout and a minefield tester, plus do his share of stabby-stabby action, up close and at range.

I'll check this thread again tomorrow around noon(ish) for the link (and other stuffies) to the game.

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
I take it I'm not off the hook? OK then, one hungover player reporting for duty (tomorrow). Ulminati, I'll PM you my PC's stats. I made (in a terrible rush, so hopefully I didn't make too many mistakes) a halfling ranger named Elias Strongweed. He's not the sharpest tool in the shed, but is fast and perceptive. He can function as a scout and a minefield tester, plus do his share of stabby-stabby action, up close and at range.

I'll check this thread again tomorrow around noon(ish) for the link (and other stuffies) to the game.
Have you considered the Urchin Background? It sounds like Elias has had a rough life.

J1M

Arcane
Is there a spot left? I would get up early for this.

Ulminati

Last edited:

WarHamster

Augur
Patron
Have you considered the Urchin Background? It sounds like Elias has had a rough life.
Naah, went with the easy Outlander background (having considered Folk Hero for a moment). Creativity is not in and pop back in my neck of woods...

Less than 12 hours to the game and I'm drunk as a skunk. This is going to be guud. Yah, sure.

I'lll leave you with this pearl of wisdom: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OY-95DR6_VM

Or maybe this: http://www.nextmovie.com/blog/willie-nelson-hobbit-gandalf-audition/

Fuck, why don't we listen to some good music instead, rock n' rolll will save the world (nice Taxi Driver vibes on the video): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9y9fCZGHk4

TigerKnee

Arcane
Unless I read my time zones wrong, the game is starting soon, right? How do I use roll20 to get in and spectate?

Ninjerk

Arcane
Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
3½ hours according to my clock. I just got up and there's a bunch of character sheets in my inbox. I'm going to trust everyone got their numbers right. We've got a Fighter, a Bard, A Ranger, A Pally and a Dr00d. So no overlap there. I'm gonna go log into roll20 and do some prepwork

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Where can I see record of this spectacular failu... You know I'm just curious.

J1M

Arcane
We had a crazy adventure in a deadly burning building. Would have been nice if a smaller percentage of the time was spent on combat, but Ulminati did a great job with unfamiliar tools.

Memorable moments:
-Killing a drow with vicious mockery. :smug:
-Irenaeus' owlbear diplomacy. :obviously:

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Combat would've gone a lot smoother if everyone knew ACs and players had a way to pass turn when they were done. We spent a lot of time waiting for someone to respond if we'd hit or missed and whether anyone wanted to move before ending turn.

Also memorable moments:

- Anora, princess of the pixies abandoning the party
- Everyone falling into library and pissing off the books

Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera
Would have been nice if a smaller percentage of the time was spent on combat

What are you talking about, most of the time was spent exploring the building alone.

-Irenaeus' owlbear diplomacy. :obviously:

Greta was a bro and might have been delicious.

Memorable Moments:

- Attacking the Umberbros from range with my glaive and ensnaring strike
- Tzaero opening a door by himself and unleashing an army of drows on the party
- Surviving Rot Grubs like a boss (thanks, NG bro)

Rot_grubs.JPG

J1M

Arcane
Would have been nice if a smaller percentage of the time was spent on combat

What are you talking about, most of the time was spent exploring the building alone.
I prefer the exploration and "how do we navigate this room full of wizard traps" portions of the game. I think if each combat had been 1-2 rounds shorter it would have felt right.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Well, if everyone had stayed in the room and fought the drow, the combat would've been over 1-2 rounds faster. :M

I also just found out how we could've set up 5E character sheets in roll20 and linked them to tokens. And added macros so instead of typing /roll 1d20+5 you'd have a "Punch baddies!" button

TigerKnee

Arcane
Hmm, I probably should have asked how to access the roll20 game to spectate since I'm unfamiliar with the thing but too late for that I suppose.

catfood

AGAIN
Well, if everyone had stayed in the room and fought the drow, the combat would've been over 1-2 rounds faster. :M

I also just found out how we could've set up 5E character sheets in roll20 and linked them to tokens. And added macros so instead of typing /roll 1d20+5 you'd have a "Punch baddies!" button
Yeah that generally speeds up play a lot. Character sheets were buggy until recently but they seem to have gotten better in the past month.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom