Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

DA2 confirmed rushed.

curry

Arcane
Blackadder said:
mcx7pj.png

You have to be kidding. What sort of sycophants can bear posting on boards that have types like this? No wonder the moron fled from the Codex. I can see him ranting and raving as he closed the Codex webpage for the last time, hurling a tea cup against a wall.

It's not David Gaider's fault that the writing is bad, it's the engine's fault.
18cb.png

torpid

Liturgist
Black Bart Charley said:
Jools said:
ok, is there anyone at bioware who is not fat?

Gaider. Fat.
Woo. Fat.
Fat lady who is a writer. Fat.
Priestly. Jabba the Fat.

Maybe if they spent less time eating and more developing, they could pull off something half-assedly decent.

onslO.jpg

If that guy is the senior designer, no wonder the game sucks. It's being made by 12-year olds. Then Chris Priestly ate them all at the end of development so the cops wouldn't find them. EA -- bringing child labor back into fashion.

curry said:

:lol: This needs to become a new smiley.

Pelvis Knot

Cipher
Blackadder said:
The only problem I have with Bioware being destroyed because of this horrid abortion called DA2, is that they are one of the major RPG making companies in the industry.

Haha...

What are you on about? It will be, if anything, an incline. Other companies will hopefully take note of what happens when you go too far. And indy devs will keep on trucking.

The sad thing is, there will be no destruction. In a few weeks they'll release sales data - it will probably be their best selling game to date. Or at least the best selling RPG since ME2. :)

DraQ

Arcane
torpid said:
Black Bart Charley said:
Jools said:
ok, is there anyone at bioware who is not fat?

Gaider. Fat.
Woo. Fat.
Fat lady who is a writer. Fat.
Priestly. Jabba the Fat.

Maybe if they spent less time eating and more developing, they could pull off something half-assedly decent.

onslO.jpg

If that guy is the senior designer, no wonder the game sucks. It's being made by 12-year olds. Then Chris Priestly ate them all at the end of development so the cops wouldn't find them.
:lol:

torpid said:
curry said:

:lol: This needs to become a new smiley.

Preferably taking the place of the smug smiley. Polefags ruined it by using the poor thing at the end of every sentence that contains even 0.01% of wit

Weather forecast said today would be a sunny day - doesn't seem like it with all that rain around :smug:

I went out to buy some bread, but decided to buy milk too - after all, I had some money left :smug:

I was wiping my ass after this morning's shit and noticed I never used my left hand - I would be a terrible muslim :smug:

i mad

Gord

Arcane
Captain Shrek said:
The problem with this is that these people CAN NOT see quality. Thus Indie devs will be limited in their customer base of tens of thousands again unless something radical like Twicher happens once in a while. And that's a bad thing because it restricts revenues. AND THAT'S AGAIN A BAD THING because if want complicated, good graphics games the devs need money (which they can't procure).

I mostly agree with your analysis.
Of course, graphics are not everything. And esp. cRPG were long considered to have sub-par graphics almost by default.
Yet, if i can choose between an otherwise good rpg with bad graphics and an equal one with good graphics, for me at least the choice is clear.

As for indie developers - I wonder whether it would be possible to create a big open source database with art that can be used for games - textures, models and everything else you need.
Wouldn't that help immensely in creating games with good graphics without needing a huge team dedicated to graphics? Of course the downside would be that different games would use similar assets, making them look similar...

a budda

Arbiter
Clockwork Knight said:
Preferably taking the place of the smug smiley. Polefags ruined it by using the poor thing at the end of every sentence that contains even 0.01% of wit

no u :smug:

waywardOne

Arcane
wait, that kid is someone involved with da2? i thought it was just some meme about retarded kids.

piydek

Cipher
curry said:
It's not David Gaider's fault that the writing is bad, it's the engine's fault.
18cb.png

A brilliant "smartass" emoticon :lol: . If we had it, soon it'd become even more beloved than " :smug: ".

Relay

Educated
herostratus said:
Mortmeal said:
http://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/2646591298931930215.jpg

To be nitpicky, that was not a *typical* BG2 quest.

Yeah and the quests in trademeet, the religious district and the beholders, the skinners murders in the bridge district were totally not typical BG2 quests either.

GTFO

BG2 had ten times the amount of actual content (aka not chantry board fluff) compared to DAO and DA2.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Those quests are all large and elaborate but really light on the consequences and some fo them don't even have any actual choices.

So, yeah, in terms of size and scope, BG2 quests have the edge.. but in terms of C&C they lose.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom