Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

DAC does Briosafreak

Jason

chasing a bee
Another of Pooper's hard-hitting community interviews.
3. You joined a Fallout 3 site that was run by gamespy and were called a sell out. Why did you join such a site?

Well only Rosh and Kharn called me that, and they have been around longer than me, so I only have love and respect for them, so that's cool. Besides that Rosh killed a guy and Kharn head butted a fly a few days ago, so I have to be careful with them.

When DAC moved to Gamespy I was one of the first guys to register, and when they left I was one of the first to scream my support to Kreegle and Killian. So I was rather confounded when they first offered to host my Blog, and a few months later to hire me to develop the new Planet Fallout.
They showed me that all the guys from the old times were gone, and that I would work for IGN, not Gamespy specifically.

So getting a symbolic pay to do what I was doing for free seemed like the dream part time gig anyone on the Fallout community would want. It turned out to be more work heavy than I thought, but it has come up fine.

When you need stuff at just mail us, we love you guys (and girl, and that Romanian transsexual).
The terrifying part of the interview is when he admitted that he lets his 14 year old son read DAC. That's just not right.

Multi-headed Cow

Don't know why people would give him shit for doing it. Like he says, getting a slight pay to run a fan site of a series of games he already likes doesn't seem so bad.

Although...
FilePlanetMod30.jpg

GOD DAMN IT STOP PROMOTING THOSE SHITTY MODS. FUCK.

Multi-headed Cow

I changed the name from wasteland pimp to wasteland player as it more accurately reflects the mod's intended goals.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom