Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dark Messiah of Might and Magic

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I just thought about the booting then this image hit:

Jadeite

Educated
I LOVE SEQUELS MADE BY DIFFERENT PEOPLE THAN THE ORIGINAL, GRAAAAUGH!!! -SWINGS HIS SWORD AROUND WILDLY AS 20 KNIGHTS IN FULL PLATE MAIL RUN ONE BY ONE INTO IT AND DROP DEAD-

Jadeite

Educated
Honestly the base game is so good that a compromised console port was nothing to scoff at if you couldn't play it on PC back then. Sure it has worse visuals and performance, and for some reason streamlined character building, but otherwise it's a straight port.

The marketing boasted "bonus levels", but if that's not the new tutorial it must have included some levels broken up for memory limitations because I don't remember any other difference. Some online forums mention a pre-order room with some hax items, and an NPC encounter turned into a minor boss fight, but again I have no recollection of that.

The only true difference is the tutorial, which I'd say is better than on PC. If you want to do a "full" run, play the tutorial on Xenia, then switch to the PC version and start over. There's zero reason to play on console now, but if you're familiar with the PC game the Xbox tutorial is a nice curiosity.
Who's scoffing at it dude? I preordered it the day it was announced. Also the Xbox tutorial was way helpful cause I was drunker then shit the first time I played this lol. Kept accidentally hitting jump when I meant to hit slash and there was a knight slicing me to pieces for like 5 minutes before I figured it out. Then I finally whooped his ass though...lol.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom