Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic Dark Messiah turned out to be p. cool

MetalCraze

Arcane
So I've completed it and it has pretty pleasant FP combat, although mage side does feel nerfed a bit. And rogue isn't much of a rogue. But an OK-ish first person dungeon slasher nonetheless. Also - rope arrows. And proper usage of physics using which you can kill enemies too.
Thanks to its design its much more fun than other source games. My only real problem with it are flashing items (I wonder if it can be turned off)

Wyrmlord

Arcane
I just wonder about the complaints of 'repetitiveness' coming back then, as if it is a bad thing to repeat the same awesome thing over and over.

More people to kick down walls and stairs, I say.

MetalCraze said:
My only real problem with it are flashing items (I wonder if it can be turned off)

My main complaint would be that fucking bitch. Y'all know which one, I wished so often I could shut her up. She's even more annoying on replays. Aside from that, it's a very solid action game.

Felix

Arcane
WHO ARE YOU? WHERE IS SKYWAY? YOU KILLED HIM? YOU BASTARD!!

When it came out it there were a bunch of bugs and it wasn't the most stable piece of software. They patched most of that, though, and I didn't really have any problems playing it when it first came out. Thought it was pretty fun, but I could only play as a warrior or rogue, as the spell effects shit all over my computer at the time. Wouldn't mind seeing more of these games with maybe a bit more polish, and not even try multiplayer, which was pretty much worthless. Co-op might be alright though.

racofer

Thread Incliner
MetalCraze a.k.a. Skyway a.k.a. Shitboy said:
Dark Messiah is s... shhhh...........TOTAL SH..........ggggsss.......gooooooooo.......goooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.....................................................................................................................................g.o.o.d..... Dark Messiah is good.

sw7hib.jpg

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
Yeah, was a pretty fun game overall. Just wish they'd cut down on the ridiculous HP bloat a bit. And what might have been if they'd actually released the SDK...

Multiplayer was enjoyable, but framerate was utter shit, especially in the city levels. Shame, and the community's probably entirely dead now.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
MetalCraze said:
So I've completed it and it has pretty pleasant FP combat, although mage side does feel nerfed a bit. And rogue isn't much of a rogue. But an OK-ish first person dungeon slasher nonetheless. Also - rope arrows. And proper usage of physics using which you can kill enemies too.
Thanks to its design its much more fun than other source games. My only real problem with it are flashing items (I wonder if it can be turned off)

1) Dragon Age = Dumbed down

2) Dark Messiah = P. good

3) ?????

4) Profit!

:shock:

relootz

Scholar
Hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooly shit!

What is this i don't even

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
I came here expecting Skyway to troll the Codex... but I'll never forget what my eyes saw today...

Anyway, yeah, I think it's great fun as a singleplayer experience. Too bad they didn't release the SDK, mods would've turned this game FUCKING AWESOME. It was all Ubisoft's fault though, I surfed the developer's forums not much ago (3 or 4 months) and they indeed had a SDK ready for the users but in the end Ubisoft decided they shouldn't release it.

It was good until giant spiders and zombies. Then I was pissed off. Giant Spider blocks my sword with it's leg, what's this bullshit. Not to mention how boring enemies they are. Kicking was also too good.

But the sound and camera design (how it moves somewhat like how your head would) were superb.

Luzur

Good Sir
MetalCraze said:

653e5y.jpg

DriacKin

Arbiter
I'm torrenting this thing right now. I mean, I've enjoyed just about every other game that Skyway has recommended...

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
Grunker said:
MetalCraze said:

3) ?????

4) Profit!

But Dark Messiah is not are pee gee, which means you don't have to be such an anal cunt shithead about it, like with ME2 which is such a shitty horrible dumbed down boring piece of shit game, because it has pretentions of being a rpg game so I must hate it with rage, but Dark Messiah is not role playing game game so I just love it man it is all p. cool take it easy

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Serious_Business said:
Grunker said:
MetalCraze said:

3) ?????

4) Profit!

But Dark Messiah is not are pee gee, which means you don't have to be such an anal cunt shithead about it, like with ME2 which is such a shitty horrible dumbed down boring piece of shit game, because it has pretentions of being a rpg game so I must hate it with rage, but Dark Messiah is not role playing game game so I just love it man it is all p. cool take it easy

Its becuz i keep fargetting how games are rated as good or bad based or they're genre.

Sovvy :(

MetalCraze

Arcane
No because in Dark Messiah the whole game is not about neverending cutscenes with chase-the-quest-arrow hide-shoot-hide-shoot-hide-shoot gameplay and red triangles showing you where enemies are because you are too dumb yourself to see. Granted DM certainly could see some improvements in how it handles its own gameplay (more varied fighting moves) but even in the current state it's far far better than very static "action" of ME1/2

Black

Arcane
DriacKin said:
I'm torrenting this thing right now. I mean, I've enjoyed just about every other game that Skyway has recommended...
Skyway liking a game is better recommendation than anything I've ever experienced.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom