Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic Dark Messiah

Section8

Cipher
Okay, I don't know how long these have been around, but there are three teaser videos on the Dark Messiah of Might and Magic website. I doubt it's going to be remotely RPG-ish., but it's looking pretty damn cool for a fantasy FPS.

If any of the Bethesda devs still actually read the Codex, I wouldn't click that link, it will only make you depressed.

Antagonist

Liturgist
So much for Oblivion's "visceral" combat. Now that I have seen gameplay videos of both games it looks like Arcane Studios managed to do a far better job on the sword and shield combat than the helplessly swinging enemies (and protagonist) of Oblivion.

I hope someone shows the videos to the guys over at the TES forums, I'd really like to hear their justification for DM's combat looking far more interesting.

merry andrew

Erudite
Whipporowill said:
merry andrew said:
Whipporowill said:
the game seem to not be pretending it is not what it isn't.
dddoddddoddddodododddododddodddodddo

Hey. I was busy writing a job application so I didn't put too much tought into it - apparently... :lol:
At least you seem to have your priorities in a decent order :P

Carry on.

Data4

Arcane
That game is going to rock. It's pure graphical whoredom, but who cares? The stab-enemy-then-kick-'em-off maneuver looks great. The magic looks fantastic. The dragon kicks ass, and the overall look is drool-worthy. I'm pre-ordering this baby.

-D4

Drain

Scholar
But it doesn't have Patrik Stewart.

However much I grieve the death of MM series(which happened after MM7), I admit that Dark Messiah is going to be a nice fantasy FPS and it does well what it focuses on.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom