Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Darkness Within 2 Director's Cut out on Steam

http://store.steampowered.com/app/298950/

New stuff:
  • Graphical refreshes for most environments.
  • A brand new location begging to be explored.
  • Post screen Chromatic Aberration effect and Color gradation effect create a more ‘cinematic’ look, drastically improving the overall visual effect.
  • More balanced game-play with new additional puzzles and enhancements.

Now I remember that they switched the original protagonist VA to a shittier one...

Edit: Now I remember how badly optimized this game is...

Last edited:

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Fucking STEAM! :argh:

I really like this series.... guess I'll be monitoring the STEAM sales....

The devs were pretty active in the community boards when the 1st one was re-released. Stuff was patched pretty fast. I don't mind getting this on steam since it looks like some direct support for them.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
If this helps fund them to do a new series, then hell yes. While.....flawed, I really like this series.

So they added around 3 puzzles necessary for the progress of the game. They also changed a bunch of secret/easter egg related item locations. The new puzzles are ok... They seem to be suffering from localization issues though... Seems like the devs just quickly wrote stuff without going through their localization team or whatever. So expect some broken english... One major puzzle was added at the end so the final section doesn't seem quite as rushed.

This is why they should have never gone with free movement... Them comments... This is probably the biggest amount of exposure the series have ever gotten.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom