Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

DeathSpank is out on PC

Lesifoere

Liturgist
For what it's worth.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
Can't tell, despite being well above minimum specs my ancient laptop can't run it worth shit. Someone with slightly less ancient laptop give it a go, but otherwise I'll try it on my old gaming PC tomorrow.

reaven

Educated
Im waiting for some opinions on this, I haven't heard anything at all about this game.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
A demo would be nice... the console versions had one. I'm tired of buying these "cheap" downloadable games and then never playing them.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm probably getting this some time in the future, when it's bundled with some gaming magazine. I'm betting it will get there a year from now, tops.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
It's made by Ron Gilbert, you cretins. The guy that brought humor to pc's and has made more classic games than most of you played. So yeah, it's probably newfag popamla shit. Shit. SHIT!

Elzair

Cipher
Trash said:
It's made by Ron Gilbert, you cretins. The guy that brought humor to pc's and has made more classic games than most of you played. So yeah, it's probably newfag popamla shit. Shit. SHIT!

Yeah, because anything made by Richard Garriott, Sid Meier or Peter Molyneux is automatically good.

Dire Roach

Prophet
I played the console demo once. The gameplay is a pretty "streamlined" version of Diablo 2. You could assign different weapons, spells and items to the buttons on your gamepad, but you can't attack with more than one at the same time. There are no classes to choose from. Instead of a skill tree, you get to select a new perk every level. Most equipment has level requirements. Monsters have levels but I'm not sure if there is level scaling. Dying means you drop gold, but you can just go back and pick some of it up again. Any item that you didn't pick up ends up in a "lost and found" box.

I didn't particularly enjoy this game's humor style. I liked much of the humor featured in the first Monkey Island, but this one kinda felt like they were trying too hard. The art direction is generally nice, but the screen tends to become very cluttered by particle effects when in combat with more than one or two enemies at a time. The complete game's campaign is apparently 10 hours long.

So, to sum it up in one word, this game is SHIT.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Elzair said:
Trash said:

Yeah, because anything made by Richard Garriott, Sid Meier or Peter Molyneux is automatically good.

Suck my cock, mister A. Hominem.

denizsi

Arcane
I hereby declare Fable series to be the pinnacle of quality old school RPGs. Because Molyfag made them.

PS. try to breathe in every once in a while between your sucking sessions, Trash. Continued blockage of oxygen causes brain damage, as evidenced.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Tried the demo ages ago at a friends house. Pretty lame. Jokes weren't funny and gameplay was boring. The humor was pretty much "hurp durp RPG conventions RPG conventions RPG conventions RPG conventions RPG conventions RPG conventions" while still following said RPG conventions.

Tycn

Savant
Trash said:
Elzair said:
Trash said:

Suck my cock, mister A. Hominem.
You got the wrong guy there. I think you're looking for Mr S. Trawman.

denizsi

Arcane
Trash said:
Man, someone is looking for attention. What's up with all the sand in your vagina lately?

Better to have vagina and sand in it than just sand and nothing else in your skull, I guess, but I wouldn't know.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
denizsi said:
Trash said:
Man, someone is looking for attention. What's up with all the sand in your vagina lately?

Better to have vagina and sand in it than just sand and nothing else in your skull, I guess, but I wouldn't know.

Err... why do you have a vagina in your skull?

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Haba said:
denizsi said:
Trash said:

You could say pussy..

horatio460.jpg

..Is always on his mind

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
played and finished it on the ps3. it had a few lulzy moments, but was an otherwise pretty meh game.
the sequel is even worse and already has a gazillion dlc packs.

denizsi

Arcane
Hobo Elf said:
Haba said:
denizsi said:
Trash said:

You could say pussy..

horatio460.jpg

..Is always on his mind

:salute:

MetalCraze

Arcane
Trash said:

No it's more like this:

Gameplay will suck but the humour will be great.

But I'll still try it out... but not before BBLE

Lesifoere

Liturgist
pocahaunted said:
I'll have to keep my eye out for a TPB release.

?

It's been out on tracker since yesterday. That's my definition of "out on PC."

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Haba said:
denizsi said:
Trash said:

gunnery-sergeant-hartman-pointing.jpg

SO HE CAN SKULLFUCK YOU WITHOUT GOUGING OUT YOUR EYEBALLS!!!

DriacKin

Arbiter
It's kinda funny how Tim Schafer is practically the only one among the great classic game-devs who still makes games that are even slightly worthwhile...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom