Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[deleted]

Self-Ejected

The Game Analists

Self-Ejected
[deleted]

Last edited:

Neanderthal

Arcane
Know, O Dumbfuck, that between the times when the Evil Ascendant devoured Ultima and the rise of the sons of Interplay, there was an age undreamed of. And unto this, Codexan, destined to bear the jewelled saucepan of Autismia upon an angry brow. It is I, a newfag, who alone can tell thee of his saga. Let me tell you why your favourite game is shit.

Dum-dum-de-dum-de-dum...

Last edited:

mondblut

Arcane
Know, O Dumbfuck, that between the times when the Evil Ascendant devoured Ultima and the rise of the sons of Interplay, there was an age undreamed of. And unto this, Codexan, destined to bear the jewelled saucepan of Autismia upon an angry brow. It is I, a newfag, who alone can tell thee of his saga. Let me tell you why your favourite game is shit.

Dum-dum-de-dum-de-dum...

I probably laughed more than I should.

Jimbob should do a codexite Conan parody. Maybe in DM of the rings/Darths & droids format even.

The codex rpg: Trannies and Trolls, with the Multi-Headed Dick as our Tarrasque (also, the only creature in the game that gets individual body part damage on its attacks). Cleve can be our Elminster. Prosper as god of madness, Skyway as the elemental lord of fury, Roguey as God of law (lawful evil) and stalking, and Sol Invictus as our Bhaal (long dead, but out there, creeping his way into the world to cause havoc in various deceptive and contradictory disguises).

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Pathfinder: Wrath
4chan produced a marine chapter simulation video game

we can produce a text document.

A setting is something creative, not merely technical. It must have a direction, a unique feel, a solid story. I don't think it can end well if more than 2-3 people work in the "core" of it. If you can assemble a small team of like-minded people which can actually write, then it can work. But not "the Codex" as a whole.

Angelo85

Arcane
Patron
Several people mentioned time travel. How about instead of time travel, utilize the power of dimension/parallel world travel? Kinda like Sliders if anyone still remembers that 90s show.
This way, all kinds of different ideas can be incorporated into the setting (including different "time periods" for example a world where dinosaurs didn't go extinct but instead rule with iron claws. Or a dimension where magic exists and people still use swords etc.). This also helps with the concern of David about too many cooks because each world/dimension would be kinda their own self contained story thingie tied together with an to-be-agreed-upon overarching story line, as in give a reason why some people travel between those worlds and perhaps throw a villain, shady government agency and/or omnipotent being who are aware of the existence of different worlds/dimensions in there as well for good measure.

Ninjerk

Arcane
Think very carefully OP about the kind of world you want to live in before you undertake this

Jackalope

Arcane
Class: Shitposter
Starting some shit +3, Spell: Divine Defecation
"Everything is shit"

Class: Brofister
Bromance +2, Charisma +2, Fisting is mandatory
"Cool story, bro"

Class: Kickstarter
Kicking + 3, Starting some shit +1, Always broke
"Take my money!"

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom