Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Deuce Traveler is Making a Video Game

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Ileosa Arabasti married Eodred Arabasti for two reasons, the first because marrying King Eodred would make her the wealthy queen of Korvosa, and the second because of a great curse that said that no ruler of the country would ever die of old age or produce an heir. Since King Eodred was already an old and man on their wedding day, Ileosa believed she would be queen in a few weeks or a couple months at most. She half expected the doddering old fool to die slipping down the steps or out of the bath, but the wily old man kept hanging on despite her trying to speed things along through several unsuccessful 'accidents'.

1wu8Fjm.jpeg

Eodred...

To help mask her despair, poor Ileosa took to walking the palace and its surrounding grounds. These walks were especially useful in escaping the mandated afternoon petting sessions, but it also helped her formulate further imaginative, yet doomed disasters.

F6fl4xn.png

Aftera particular harrowing pre-breakfast rubbing of the king's bunions, Queen Ileosa was in the mood to walk the palace grounds until either her feet fell off or night fell. And indeed she walked around the palace grounds until that evening, looked into the sky, and prayed aloud for salvation... and then felt something answer.

mVC6cLy.jpeg

"Come to me... free me... and I shall deliver upon you the power you need to free yourself from this burden," the voice said into her mind. The queen followed the voice's mental pull until she found herself in a part of the palace she hadn't seen before. She followed its mental instructions further and discovered a forgotten treasure room.

VqoFfRi.jpeg

The queen opened a chest and felt an electric burst of energy build up around her. She saw large fangs at the bottom of the chest just as the energy exploded around her. "Take my fangs and keep them with you. For as long as they are with you, I shall be with you. I shall grant you the power that you need to be free from your cage, and in exchange you shall help me be reborn."

Shortly after this the king was struck by lightning during a stormy afternoon. Only the queen was around, so no foul-play was suspected, as she was not known to be magically gifted. The queen was capricious and haughty afterwards, causing resentment among the other corrupt noble houses. Several assassinations were attempted, but the queen unexpectedly showed herself to be able to competently protect herself.

R0HqYK1.png

The new ruler had somehow become even more beautiful and desirable as the following weeks went by. Men and women were both charmed by her and lusted for her, and many swore blind loyalty in the hopes to enter into her inner circle and someday woo her. However, the Queen Ileosa became increasingly unpopular among the people as she harshly dealt with suspected traitors and replaced her ministers with depraved, but obedient loyalists. Her guards were also replaced with an all-female contingent of warriors called the Grey Maidens.

dI0ytJm.png

As her position on the throne became increasingly secure, Queen Ileosa Arabasti smiled to herself and thought, "I am finally dominant. I have the throne, mighty magic, enhanced physical abilities, and an unnatural aura of lust. What other could call themselves my superior? What man could possibly overcome all that I have become?"

"No man born of this world," her new ally prophetically whispered into her mind, causing her smile to broaden. "For what sort of man could overcome armies, sorcery, and unnatural desire?"

syZcrch.png

bH6nkvr.jpeg

Pathfinder Rance: Curse of the Crimson Throne!

So that's my pitch. The game is coming along in RPGMaker MV. As you can see here, Rance will gather a party of waifus from the game and explore the coastal city of Korvosa while trying to figure out how he arrived to this world and how he can return to his own. In the process of his adventuring he hears about the beautiful Queen Ileosa and becomes distracted from this mission...

dgJOQ4A.png

I am using the Pathfinder Adventure Path: Curse of the Crimson Throne to design the quest line, but with some important conversions into JRPG gameplay. For instance, since there is a big bloat on HPs and MPs in a CRPG, I'm using a conversion of 1 hit point in the Pathfinder book equating to 50 HPs in the CRPG conversion. Likewise, Vancian magic doesn't convert easily either. I am considering what a typical 1st edition Pathfinder spellcaster can do and converting those spells per day into spell points per day. So a spellcaster that would only start with one first level spell per day will get 50 MPs per day. Every second level spell per day would convert to 100 MPs. So a spellcaster that could cast 3 first level spells per day and 2 second level spells per day will have 150 MPs plus 200 MPs for a total of 350 MPs per day. Each first level spell will cast 50 MPs to use and each second level spell will cost 100 MPs to use. Armor is also tricky, but I am having armor help in dodging through stat boosts instead of damage reduction, as Gygax intended.

Anyway, you probably don't want to keep hearing about all of this, so let's move on to the cast of characters Rance will interact with.

Vlf3YJF.png

Trinia is one of the first adventurers that Rance meets, and she is desperate enough to entrust herself to his protection. Framed for a crime she didn't commit, the mystery surrounding her will lead to a much larger adventure.

VVj1Exa.png

A former member of the palace guard, Sabina has insights of what is really happening inside the court. After suffering from a guilty conscience she decides to join up with the one man that seems to have a chance against the corrupted queen.

XO9Dxcf.png

Cressidia. A member of a noble house that is considering rebelling against the queen. She has her own agenda for joining.

nK1J6l1.png

A member of the Pathfinder guild and a skilled sorceress, Shevala is following a trail of strange happenings surrounding the palace.

I don't think I'll have time if I'm going to make my deadline of finishing this, but if I am able to make some decent early progress than I plan to add Amitos from Rance 8 and Rance 9 as a companion. Her scars from Rance 9 would make her a good candidate for the Gray Maidens. However, I can't figure out how to make her appearance work, storywise. The secret of how Rance arrives in this world drives part of the plot, but the secret wouldn't work for Amitos. Anyway, I'll dwell on it and consider adding her later if I can weave her story into the tale.

I'm making some good headway on this game, and I have mapped out the progress until I can get it released. It will be published exactly a year from now and will be a freeware game. Be here this time in 365 more days!

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
It's surreal to see a monocled gentleman unzip his pants in public and flash us his JRPG RPGMaker cringe fantasy anime nonsense out of nowhere.
Another day, another disappointment.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom