Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

"developers: Please ignore this person" tag...

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
I'd rather have 3 interviews from people who are honestly trying to make a game I will like than a hundred interviews from hipster marketeers who try to appeal to my jewgoldz with empty promises.

The trolls come with the territory. Yes, I think some retards treatment of the Stoic guy was unwarranted. He was honest in his dealings with us, even going so far as explicitly stating that his game - while complex to the average consoletard - would probably be likened to checkers by many of us. But that doesn't mean we should suddenly lose our testicles, drop on our knees and loudly proclaim we're willing to gargle publisher cock if we can only have a few more interviews.

We can absolutely do without this kind of fair weather developer. Every day that passes convinces me more that he only posted at the codex when it stroke his ego. Why does he not come back and adress a few of the valid points, and simply ignore everything else (which is always the prudent thing to do when someone is below our level)? No, now he doesn't come back at all, which is (as someone said before) nothing but an ad hominem directed at the nature of all critical discussion here.

I think the one night stand between Bannu Saga and RPCCodex was just a big misunderstanding.

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
Just spoke to [talking head at big name developer] and [talking head from giant publisher] and they like this idea and even had someone from their art department design it for us:

i4plae.jpg

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
If we need to install a quest compass for developers to determine which posters are worth talking to and which ones are stupid shit fucks, we probably don't want those developers posting here to begin with.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
think the one night stand between Bannu Saga and RPCCodex was just a big misunderstanding.

You mean we got used like a cheap whore and some of us are still begging for more, as evidenced by this thread. Why won't he call back, what did I do wrong?

Also, :lol: @ Bannu Saga.

Who did this to you mum? I'll go find the bastard and break his neck!

kim-basinger-8-mile-4-5-10-kc.jpg

I met him ... on kickstarter.com. He is a serious game developer, worked for a major publisher.
He promised me he'll do the PC version first ...
Please don't fuck this up Jimmy. Please!

tmb_2581_480.jpg

Please, can't you just leave him alone when he is in my thread? Couldn't you simply stay in GD until he's gone?

film8mil.jpg

I guess she's right.

Perhaps I should wear a "developers: please ignore me" tag ...

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
think the one night stand between Bannu Saga and RPCCodex was just a big misunderstanding.

You mean we got used like a cheap whore and some of us are still begging for more, as evidenced by this thread. Why won't he call back, what did I do wrong?

I met him ... on kickstarter.com. He is a serious game developer, worked for a major publisher.

tmb_2581_480.jpg

Please, can't you just leave him alone when he is in my thread? Couldn't you simply stay in GD until he's gone?
:lol:

Mother Russia

Andhaira
Andhaira
Dumbfuck Queued
Codex 2013
No self respecting dev would dare to post here. Even Avellone tweeted me a few days AFTER accepting to do an interview with me asking, "Wait a minute, you are not form teh RPGCodex are you?"

Obviously the Codex has a repute. There is a reason GD has become fucking invisible, and can only be seen by registered cunts.

:decline:

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Avellone is prevented from talking to the Codex under contract.

Actually, pretty much anyone who deals with Bethesda is prevented from talking to us.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Actually, pretty much anyone who deals with Bethesda is prevented from talking to us.

Well, Bethesda PR greenlighted my request for a Dishonored interview, and I sent over our questions a few days ago. They may of course back down and not answer our questions, but still. For the record, I did indicate I was contacting them on behalf of the RPG Codex. :P

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver

Wasn't he talking directly to the Codex on twitter re: drawing trolls FOR the codex donors?

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I guess "the Codex" as our website/forum, and not the prestigious Facebook page and Twitter account. Quite an honour though, to be mentioned like that.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Well, Bethesda PR greenlighted my request for a Dishonored interview, and I sent over our questions a few days ago. They may of course back down and not answer our questions, but still. For the record, I did indicate I was contacting them on behalf of the RPG Codex. :p

Recording from Bethstapo HQ said:
"Sir, we have an interview request here"

"Give me the short version please"

"Someone called Crooked Bee asks if she can interview us on behalf an RPG Codex. I thought the Codex was banned."

"If it's a she, she can't be from that heinous place that we do not mention. Tell this lovely creature I will grant her a ....private interview"

Foreveralone computer nerd stereotypes working in our favour for once. :incline:

The fu...does this mean it's not just an order, but it's actually written down somewhere that he can't directly talk to the codex? Holy shit :lol:

This is all kinds of awesome. Brings publisher butthurt to a whole new level.

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Where does this Bethesda Butthurt(tm) originate ? I heard it was after some fabled Oblivion review that VD did ? Why did it gather such an interest outside of the Codex ?

Self-Ejected

Brayko

Self-Ejected

tmb_2581_480.jpg

film8mil.jpg

I guess she's right.

Perhaps I should wear a "developers: please ignore me" tag ...

My day is officially made. :lol:

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
rpg codex is the sarcastic cougar of videogame magazines who secretly wants to settle down with a good developer she can trust

And keeps getting her hopes crushed over and over.

"What happened, Codex?"

"Oh Watch, you won't believe it...South Park RPG will require Steam and a constant internet connection..."

"That bastard! I knew that Obsidian freak was just leading you on!"

"But you don't understand...after MotB I thought we could-"

"Say no more! You should've realize he can't get anything done after that night with KotOR 2. Here, wear this and let's go to that new club."

"You mean Wasteland Survival Guide? What good could come out of it, they're all the same...but DJ FargoMan is kinda cute, I admit..."

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
And keeps getting her hopes crushed over and over.

"What happened, Codex?"

"Oh Watch, you won't believe it...South Park RPG will require Steam and a constant internet connection..."

"That bastard! I knew that Obsidian freak was just leading you on!"

"But you don't understand...after MotB I thought we could-"

"Say no more! You should've realize he can't get anything done after that night with KotOR 2. Here, wear this and let's go to that new club."

"You mean Wasteland Survival Guide? What good could come out of it, they're all the same...but DJ FargoMan is kinda cute, I admit..."

Then we wake up in a pool of our own vomit next to a passed-out DX:HR and schedule a visit to the STD clinic.

DraQ

Arcane
I'd love it if bethesda started behaving in a more mature manner.

Yes, we slagged Oblivion. It was an irredeemable turd from all perspectives. It still is.

Last time I checked Skyrim got lots of well deserved flak for dumbing down of mechanics but the general opinion seems to be somewhere around "good for what it is" and some changes (perks, unified wielding system) were generally approved.

It can't be lowering of expectations as oblivion is still as unbearably bad as it was at launch, so maybe, just maybe we aren't evil lair of trolls bent on destroying bethesduh?

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I think the "tone" of the codex has pretty much toned down since we know most all the games they continue to make today are still basically shit. The RAGE was over how they even further dumbed down Morrowind in Oblivion. Now we know any Bethesda game is still the same.

They will never ever ever go down as making anything even remotely complex (because that doesn't sell!) as Daggerfall. In fact I doubt they would even know how to program such a game today....

DakaSha

Arcane
They will never ever ever go down as making anything even remotely complex (because that doesn't sell!) as Daggerfall. In fact I doubt they would even know how to program such a game today....

As if they knew how to program it back then :smug:
Prob the best, buggiest game of all time

Self-Ejected

Brayko

Self-Ejected
The original developers of Daggerfall are long gone anyway, probably never even touched Oblivion or Skyrim development. That was back when Todd was an unwanted for the company.

That aside, Daggerfall isn't even as great as some people make it out to be, being the best Elder Scrolls game isn't saying too much and the fact that people here keep discussing these games is kind of off redundant.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom