Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo 3 - Reaper of Idiots

Steve

Augur
No, you're not supposed to be playing that difficulty yet, the game even tells you that.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
I concede on that subject then. The issue of level scaling remains though.

Drew

Savant
Torment 6 is actually much more difficult than MP10 in comparison. You're in no ways supposed to play with that difficulty when leveling a new character. Expert or master would be the right difficulty.

In normal difficulty MP 10 the monsters had 400% more HP and 200% damage. In torment 6 the numbers are 8590% HP and 2540% damage

Relative to level and damage, don't you see bloat there?

Do players damage and hp now scale directly together? No, you still deal a lot more damage than you have health? Hmm... Maybe... No, they couldn't possibly have done that intentionally.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Its for level 70 gear and stats. Still, it is possible to farm Torment 6 with current gear at 60. Here is my friends doctor with full Zuminassa set, fetishes you summon remains till they die. Had some fun with in previous weekend.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Do players damage and hp now scale directly together? No, you still deal a lot more damage than you have health? Hmm... Maybe... No, they couldn't possibly have done that intentionally.

No, the balance though seems off for any other purpose but HP bloat. Anyhow I already admitted my defeat regarding the difficulty system, which I apparently mis-scaled compared to MP.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Raeper of Trolls is officially released and getting rave reviews from Diablo 2 fans. So much for the Codex Consensus.

is it true that act v is around 1 hour of gameplay?

also that shitty endinG. not even cgi and fucking CORRUPTION:M

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
€40 for two hours sounds about right. No worse than going to a decent movie theater.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
So I bought the expansion. The 2.0 patch convinced me that it would be worth trying out. Plus I'm a huge sucker for paladins and that's basically what the crusader is. I've spent $40 for worse reasons.

Anyone on the Americas server want to play with me? Kalakagatha#1949
LogicError#1267. I should be around later today.

€40 for two hours sounds about right. No worse than going to a decent movie theater.
If all you're going to do with the expansion is play through act 5 once and then never touch the game again, then I agree you should probably spend your money on something else.

bonescraper

2 hours is bullshit. Spent about 4 hours so far, and i'm currently past Urzael. I'm fully exploring every map, obviously. I'm level 67.

I bet you can speedrun it in less than one hour, but then again, you can speedrun Fallout in under 10 mins.

Black

Arcane
There's no way it's 1 or 2 hours. Unless people took their fully decked out characters at max level and with shitton of paragon levels and steamrolled it on expert or something. At which point Diablo 2 might as well be 20 minutes or so if you're getting a taxi.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Well I got a 70 crusader on hardcore now and it's pretty fun.
Currently gearing up so I can safely transition into Torment and play around with that a bit.
Act V took at least 4 hours for me. I do try really hard not to die tho.

Psquit

Arcane
Currently gearing up so I can safely transition into Torment and play around with that a bit.

Is the crusader fun to play? i heard he got nerf pretty hard since the beta making him useless (at least thats what people are bitching in the forums)

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron

I'm kinda interested in how the Crusader survives without that 30% damage reduction Barbarian and Monk have. I guess you gotta hug that shield real good.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Finished this yesterday, overrall a much better experience than vanilla but that was not hard to achive. Absence of a cgi ending is really dissapointing since its Blizz's TM.

Edit: This game now has rocket jumping-pumped up angel, floating talking skull and an angel trying to learn human ways.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Pretty sure Diablo3 didn't have proper CGI cutscenes except for the intro.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom