Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information Diablo III Accounts Hacked

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
1. Blizzard delays Diablo III
This isn't Blizzard's fault for trying to be perfect. Would you play a buggy, unpolished game?

2. Blizzard demands online play only, creating instant death from lags and make offline, lagless play impossible and not an option.
Diablo is meant to be played online, rofl.

3. Blizzard can't keep a good login system to deal with the day 1 owners.
Blizzard is the victim of their own success. No one could've predicted the magnitude of the pre-order and day 1 enthusiasm. This is a good problem to have for a company of their caliber. If anything those login hoggers should blame themselves for not having patience and jamming the login servers.

4. Blizzard lets a loophole go live and enabled some hackers to steal customer's account through session ID
Blizzard can't be blamed here, it's the fault of the gamers themselves for joining a public game.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
1. Blizzard delays Diablo III
This isn't Blizzard's fault for trying to be perfect. Would you play a buggy, unpolished game?

2. Blizzard demands online play only, creating instant death from lags and make offline, lagless play impossible and not an option.
Diablo is meant to be played online, rofl.

3. Blizzard can't keep a good login system to deal with the day 1 owners.
Blizzard is the victim of their own success. No one could've predicted the magnitude of the pre-order and day 1 enthusiasm. This is a good problem to have for a company of their caliber. If anything those login hoggers should blame themselves for not having patience and jamming the login servers.

4. Blizzard lets a loophole go live and enabled some hackers to steal customer's account through session ID
Blizzard can't be blamed here, it's the fault of the gamers themselves for joining a public game.

So you're saying that in the end we got a buggy, unploshed game; which is meant to be played online so players can steal your login details; except if you toy to play the game you bought as we intended you're a douche for hogging the login server?

RK47

Patron
im just saying man, if no.1 is actually spent trying to unfuck the game, then why are we still getting 3 and 4?
i just ... i just don't get it.

*cries in Ulminati's arm*

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
If only the hackers had waited until the Real Money Auction House went online for maximum butthertz.

RK47

Patron
If only the hackers had waited until the Real Money Auction House went online for maximum butthertz.

I thought so too. That would've been the ultimate coup de grace. Delicious tears.
I forgave Blizzard for fucking up WoW launch, cause it's their first MMO. But THIS? No way in hell. It's a login system for a 4 player per room game. What the hell?!

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012

If Blizzard is smart, they might suspend the RMAH indefinitely instead of pushing ahead with it anyway while doing a hackjob of fixing the exploit in order to exploit maximum moniez.

Keep your fingers crossed.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
If Blizzard is smart, they might suspend the RMAH indefinitely instead of pushing ahead with it anyway while doing a hackjob of fixing the exploit in order to exploit maximum moniez.

Keep your fingers crossed.

a hackjob of fixing the exploit in order to exploit maximum moniez.

maximum moniez.

sidewaysbobby.jpg

Black

Arcane
Some people on battlenet forums seem to imply that there's no hack or exploit and thousands of people losing their stuff and gold is merely a coincidence.
Fucking Occam's Razor, man.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Here's my favourite rumour:

"an exploit was discovered by duplicating a session ID
basically, if you join a public game with people, they can view your session ID and spoof it to login as you without need for a password or email or anyting
if you play with people, try not to play in public games bro, only with people you know"​

If that's true, then Blizzard really fucked up on some basic security.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron

"an exploit was discovered by duplicating a session ID​
basically, if you join a public game with people, they can view your session ID and spoof it to login as you without need for a password or email or anyting​
if you play with people, try not to play in public games bro, only with people you know"​

I wonder if you can change characters without logging in again... I could have someone who bought the game legally join a public game with someone else, then tell me their session ID. I could then log in as them and roll my own character. (U_B_HAXX0R3D the monk).

Black

Arcane
We've been taking the situation extremely seriously from the start, and have done everything possible to verify how and in what circumstances these compromises are occurring. Despite the claims and theories being made, we have yet to find any situations in which a person's account was not compromised through traditional means of someone else logging into their account through the use of their password. While the authenticator isn't a 100% guarantee of account security, we have yet to investigate a compromise report in which an authenticator was attached beforehand.
OH IT'S ON

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
We've been taking the situation extremely seriously from the start, and have done everything possible to verify how and in what circumstances these compromises are occurring. Despite the claims and theories being made, we have yet to find any situations in which a person's account was not compromised through traditional means of someone else logging into their account through the use of their password. While the authenticator isn't a 100% guarantee of account security, we have yet to investigate a compromise report in which an authenticator was attached beforehand.
OH IT'S ON

Yet this link says:
Examiner.com said:
This reporter, after having her own account with authenticator hacked, firmly believes this is a serious security breach on Blizzard’s side, though they either do not want to admit it, or are still unaware of the problem. Many who have had their account on Diablo 3 hacked were logged in at the time of the hack and support staff tells them there was no evidence of their account being hacked. That indicates there is an exploit in the system being taken advantage of.

o_O

Oooooooh. I see. Accounts with activators CAN be hacked, but Blizzard HAVE YET TO INVESTIGATE the occurances of this.

Clever wording there, Blizzard.
:excellent:

RK47

Patron
can't believe Blizz is the first to screw up though, I thought Origins would do it first. Goddamn EA...World First!

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
$$$ Buy an authenticator! $$$
$$$ Our security sucks, so create security by giving us money! $$$
$$$ Buy buy buy! $$$

Btw I have an authenticator, and I've had no issues with Diablo 3 (besides barbarian not being viable for inferno mode and the day-0 server issues), but this is ridiculous. They should hire a new security team or outsource that shit.

4too

Arcane
Reality Check

Trying to discover if I'm on the same planet with this.

Here: a hacked player, is unhappy he used one of his only TWO roll backs.

If the game play is SO great, and roll backs SO dear, why is he burning one.

Allow me to evoke our common life time experience, and ping one and all with our mutual memories of other newly launched computer games with major bugs.

Major bugs, the type of crash or player progression fail that required a restart.

This time the party stopper, the game hijacking, is an PVP exploit possible because of the current commercial mandate for SOCIAL NETWORKING

… D-blo3, WOW, SC2, appear to be one with Facebook, and Twitter as mass market wealth generators,

… beyond the requirement of "persistent internet" as a necessity of game play, social networkin'.

Wait, I'm wandering off a bit.

A presumed experienced computer game player loses his loot...

Repeating for emphasis, if Diablo 3 is SO *dear*, why is not a restart as sweet?

Is the grind *so fine*?
392381-8419-28.jpg

A virtual dance club …

or just another pay to play lap dance?

Authenticator, mandatory first day D-blo3 DLC!

4too

RK47

Patron
4too i duno what u just typed but it seems wondafuu :lol:

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Blizzard is doing a great job buttfucking their own reputation,keep up the good work:hero:

:excellent:

Mozgoëbstvo

Learned

"an exploit was discovered by duplicating a session ID​
basically, if you join a public game with people, they can view your session ID and spoof it to login as you without need for a password or email or anyting​

Start the damn presses! CLOG THE AIRWAVES with this information! Destroy the system!
:hero:

tiagocc0

Arcane
I thank god we have indie games.
If every game company decides to fuck players with this online shit then indie games will be the only games I will play for the rest of my life.

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
Pretty incredible stupidity on Blizzard's part. They should scrap the RMAH, patch in offline singleplayer and LAN supp--
20100128204127!Headshot_Asplosion.gif

tiagocc0

Arcane
This looks the perfect example where people who bought the game will end up playing a cracked version, if one does come up.
Ubisoft had some games like this and they were cracked, but I don't know how much of the game is online so they could make a fake server.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom