Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Disco Elysium Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Murk

Arcane
that's just code for her bush

she goes all 70s if you know what i mean

also, stuff is sounding good and good.

Kasparov

OH/NO
Developer
Wheres mah updatez.

Or more ofcthe dancers butts

Totally on their way (the updates - I´ll have to get back to you about the butts). TOTALLY.

edit:
Our people were rocking it with the Pathologic devs on Monday:

C4EzqVyWQAErPKC.jpg:large

You´ll know the ZAUM devs, because they´re hot. I mean - what´s with the no eyebrows or nose look? (the COP OF THE APOCALYPSE t-shirt is also a dead giveaway)

Last edited:
Unwanted

Fin

Unwanted
Edgy
I want to be hyped for this game, but the fact it's being made for mobile is troubling.

Prime Junta

Overall I like his taste. /me makes another mental note to play Banner Saga and D:OS one of these days

Interesting that he ranked SRR:HK lower than SRR: DMS. Care to elaborate Kasparov?

ArchAngel

Arcane
I want to be hyped for this game, but the fact it's being made for mobile is troubling.
mobile device ie a tablet like an iPad or an android device - no phones.

Remember Beamdog's BG remakes?
Many people on these forums try their best to forget them so this is not a good sales pitch for the 'Dex.
For damage control distract us with more butts.

Kasparov

OH/NO
Developer
Overall I like his taste. /me makes another mental note to play Banner Saga and D:OS one of these days

Interesting that he ranked SRR:HK lower than SRR: DMS. Care to elaborate Kasparov?

I pretty much shot from the hip as I punched in the scores, but I'll try to reverse engineer my possible reasoning behind those:

By SRR:HK I had fallen off the hype train and wasn't motivated to finish it half way through - it wasn't surprising me with anything and the engine/system began to feel too limited for anything of more depth and consequence. Hence the lowest score.

DMS was technically way worse and the middle instalment was the best, but I rated those higher because back then I'd just discovered the franchise and was invested in it.

As for the other votes - PoE did some interesting things with their White March expansions, which were a good two thirds of what I enjoyed in that game. Combat was rubbish overall, but WM I&II kept me occupied with other aspects of the game.

As for the Codexian Holy Cow - Age of Decadence - I've been pretty vocal about my opinions on how AoD handled skills and progression - a real deal breaker for me. Don't even get me started on the horrible 3D art.

Mass Effect is an unknown quantity for me so I'll see what animal it is when it comes out.

---

I'm finishing a 12-hour shift in half an hour and might give you some butts tomorrow instead. Right now I'm giving some final touches to an area, before sending it off to herr Rosteau for the final paint-over.

Kasparov

OH/NO
Developer
mobile device ie a tablet like an iPad or an android device - no phones.

Remember Beamdog's BG remakes?
Many people on these forums try their best to forget them so this is not a good sales pitch for the 'Dex.
For damage control distract us with more butts.
I find many faults with the quality of the content they added, but I applaud the attempt to bring it to a tablet. Butts are for another day.

Kasparov

OH/NO
Developer
Mass Effect is an unknown quantity for me so I'll see what animal it is when it comes out.

Mass Effect 1-3 is already out, although I assume you're talking about Andromeda?
Yeah - Andromeda. I've avoided any and all video material, but I've sadly glimpsed some bits and pieces here at the studio - of a very generic sci fi game. Maybe there'll be something ground breaking in the tech or system department?

Karwelas

Dwarf Taffer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut I helped put crap in Monomyth

Mass Effect 1-3 is already out, although I assume you're talking about Andromeda?
Yeah - Andromeda. I've avoided any and all video material, but I've sadly glimpsed some bits and pieces here at the studio - of a very generic sci fi game. Maybe there'll be something ground breaking in the tech or system department?

Bioware is dead for ages now. Last good game they did in taste of RPGlike thing was Dragon Age Origins. Sad thing, really. Their greatest thing ever was Aurora Engine and editor. The things this did for NWN is immortal and legendary.

Last edited:

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Maybe there'll be something ground breaking in the tech or system department?
For Bioware? I doubt it - they seem to be keen on making single player (and regular) MMOs/Dating Simulators as of late.

Black Angel

Arcane
As for the Codexian Holy Cow - Age of Decadence - I've been pretty vocal about my opinions on how AoD handled skills and progression - a real deal breaker for me. Don't even get me started on the horrible 3D art.
You can't deny that they at least managed to do what NTwtF wanted to achieve, though; the game can still go on even if you fail some skills checks.

And the 3D art ain't that bad. The utilization of the textures/assets form a beautiful bigger picture, especially considering the budget they made the game on, and no crowdfunding on top of that.

Kasparov

OH/NO
Developer
You can't deny that they at least managed to do what NTwtF wanted to achieve, though; the game can still go on even if you fail some skills checks.

And the 3D art ain't that bad. The utilization of the textures/assets form a beautiful bigger picture, especially considering the budget they made the game on, and no crowdfunding on top of that.

Don't get me wrong - I see the merits as a developer, but as a gamer they did not outweigh the cons. That's down to a personal preference. If you wish, we could discuss it in another thread at length.

Prime Junta

Don't get me wrong - I see the merits as a developer, but as a gamer they did not outweigh the cons. That's down to a personal preference. If you wish, we could discuss it in another thread at length.

Hey I know, why don't you write a review? :shittydog:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom