Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arkane Dishonored 2 - Emily and Corvo's Serkonan Vacation

I WANNA BE A MICHAEL MADSEN!

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
Impaling enemies on spikes was fun for 15 minutes and then it was just as tedious as any medieval-themed FPS.

Sounds like you only played the demo (which is 15 minutes long and only consists of pushing orks against spikes).

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Impaling enemies on spikes was fun for 15 minutes and then it was just as tedious as any medieval-themed FPS.

Sounds like you only played the demo (which is 15 minutes long and only consists of pushing orks against spikes).
I agree with prodigydancer, I played the game for about 2 hours and got kinda bored.
I can attest to that, the game started boring me after I finished it six times.

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
I should probably try the game again after 9 years (wtf... the fucking time). Maybe the pink glasses still sit on my nose. The recent playthrough of HL2 has shown me some games just don't work anymore for our raised standards. I bet, it's the same with Arx Fatalis.

The sad thing is, they fleshed out combat so well and all this was gone in Dishonored, and the combat mechanics went to Skyrim. Or so Bethesda said. Combat didn't feel so well in Skyrim compared to DMoMM, but then again, I' could wrong. Time for a comparison I guess... to get the facts straight :?

darthaegis

Cipher
I should probably try the game again after 9 years (wtf... the fucking time). Maybe the pink glasses still sit on my nose. The recent playthrough of HL2 has shown me some games just don't work anymore for our raised standards. I bet, it's the same with Arx Fatalis.

The sad thing is, they fleshed out combat so well and all this was gone in Dishonored, and the combat mechanics went to Skyrim. Or so Bethesda said. Combat didn't feel so well in Skyrim compared to DMoMM, but then again, I' could wrong. Time for a comparison I guess... to get the facts straight :?
Yeah, it's sad that they removed the special attacks in Dishonored. Btw, what do you mean by this?
and the combat mechanics went to Skyrim.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik

You could get an adrenaline burst, cast freeze, and they would be frozen for eternity.

Normally that spell make a frozen stain where opponents slipped fell down and you jumped at them and cut theirs throat.

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
darthaegis

That the fighting mechanics (i.e. swords crossing swords, swords sliding on the rim of other swords, shields seemed to block physically at the exact position, sword slashes that have impact on the exact spot you hit - things which made the combat feel like a real swordfight) have been moved to the Elder Scrolls or Skyrim.

Because Bethesda bought the developer studio which made Dark Messiah, and they certainly want all these fighting mechanics in their flagship "Elder Scrolls", instead of any other game. Only problem is, that combat still felt worse in Skyrim. But that could be a wrong memory of myself, and fighting might not be that different anymore.

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Cinematic trailer:

Dishonored 2 takes your protagonist -- choose between Corvo Attano and Emily Kaldwin -- to the coastal city of Karnaca where the choices you make will have significant impact on the world.

Both assassins have their own unique set of powers, weapons, and tools to provide creative and exciting new ways to eliminate targets.

Dishonored 2 will be available for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC Spring 2016

A horse of course

choose between Corvo Attano and Emily Kaldwin
What? I thought Emily was the benevolent God Emperor of Dunwall in the good ending and a tyrant in the bad one. Why would she decide to become another kind of assassin?

If you kill me, you'll be just like us!
oh GO EAT A BAG OF DICKS YOU CHEAP BASTARD

Sounds like the Duke in the trailer helped overthrow her or some shit.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Not bad. I wonder if they'll go for voice protagonists this time around.

skacky

3D Realms
Developer
Things I liked:
- Automaton designs are great
- It still has the same recognizable stylish artstyle
- That weird grapple hook oh my god yes

Things I found eh:
- The city looks... I dunno, I don't really dig it. It looks like some Cuban city and doesn't have the charm of Dunwall. I was hoping for Tyvian cities because of that Darkness of Tyvia rumour, and Tyvia is mostly inspired by Russia (Sokolov is from there).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom