Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Editor thread

JasonNH

Augur
I have only played around with the level editing aspect so I can't comment on the complexity of the entire package, but from what I have seen of the level editor, this is NWN3 - just the right combination of aesthetics and ease of use. I'm very optimistic.

JasonNH

Augur
All i had to do was restart the editor and then it worked :D

LOL. I had some issues with that too, especially when switching between modules in the toolset. The root template and resources library seem to go brain dead.

Kaldurenik

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
I like the fact that creating the world is so easy. It dont feel like busy work :)

grotsnik

Arcane
Something a bit weird; the toolset isn't letting me drag and drop objects into the terrain - they just don't show up. But it does let me 'copy GUI to clipboard', and then they'll appear in the landscape when I click back over onto it.

Anyone had this?

Kem0sabe

Arcane
How is the editor in terms of integrating gameplay altering mods into the main campaign? I'm thinking equipment, combat balance, run speed, animation speed, camera mods, etc.

Kaldurenik

Arcane
Patron
grotsnik Some times you might have to restart the editor as some functions at times stop working. I think it might have something to do with the play testing but i cant confirm it. Also drag and drop dont work most of the time. Most of the time i have to first click and drag and then click on the terrain and then the object will spawn.

Kem0sabe Its possible to edit the entire campaign just as if you were to make your own campaign. There is a lot of options i think someone have made a 4 player mod for the campaign to give a example. You could even add a entire new zone.

JasonNH

Augur
Have anyone found a way to preview things before you add them?

There is a little icon you can click from the root toolkit that I have highlighted in this pic. However, I'm having issues with it as you can see. It crashes for me rather consistently.

9hXzMxN.jpg

grotsnik

Arcane
Well, it's still full of jank - half the time when I just try and press the delete key on an object, the toolset freaks out - but I love how easy it is to make something that looks OK. The textures are always on your side, (unlike NWN2), and the level editor and atmospherics tools have tons of handy little doodads. It's just fun to mess around with.

The creature palette is pretty limited, which is a pity, but hey.

beach_zps58a04440.png

grotsnik

Arcane
Uhhh, I haven't really explored it, but whatever's there, it's definitely nowhere near as extensive as NWN. There are 'base' human bodies, so I assume you can alter them to some extent, but the focus doesn't really seem to be on customisation.

Zeriel

Arcane
Uhhh, I haven't really explored it, but whatever's there, it's definitely nowhere near as extensive as NWN. There are 'base' human bodies, so I assume you can alter them to some extent, but the focus doesn't really seem to be on customisation.

They might use actual item pieces on humanoids to give them customized looks, instead of NWN's option of being able to create "fake" looks that looked like they were wearing specific items when they were actually naked. I know I've seen plenty of NPCs in game with lots of varying outfits.

grotsnik

Arcane
Well, I don't know. There is an 'equipment' slot, but that only seems to affect weaponry. It actually looks like creating a human NPC randomly generates the clothing, skin tone and facial appearance for you. Which is fucking strange and a bit off-putting.

So the people in the image below, for instance, I created just by spam-placing the same two models, over and over. CYS_M, and DAF_M

npcs_zpse7671733.png

BigWeather

Augur
I'm hoping beyond hope that Larian provides / sells content packs of new models / textures / etc. over time. I'd love for example one with Egyptian type of stuff.

WarHamster

Augur
Patron
Haven't had the time to tinker with the editor yet, want to play the game through first. However, I'm curious of the editor's capabilities. It seems easy and powerful enough, but so far I've only seen map-building in action, how about the customization of the skills, abilities, even the underlying rule set? Those were listed as possible, anyone tried it out yet? Also, what about the dialogue editor, how versatile is it? After c. 12 hours of game play, I still haven't seen e.g. skill or attribute checks in dialogue in D:OS (not counting the "Persuasion minigame"), could those be possible with the editor?

Kaldurenik

Arcane
Patron
Good question at this moment most people are just trying things and its lots of fumbling around in the dark as we dont have so much information yet.

Do anyone know if there is a fast key for rotation and movement for objects?

Visperas

Augur
I want to change the AI of my second character and I think, tinkering with the editor is the only way to do it. Anyone knows how?

Kem0sabe

Arcane
I want to change the AI of my second character and I think, tinkering with the editor is the only way to do it. Anyone knows how?

You can change the AI of your characters through the game, just wait for the room that allows character customization to unlock in your stronghold, it's early enough in the main quest.

Visperas

Augur

You can change the AI of your characters through the game, just wait for the room that allows character customization to unlock in your stronghold, it's early enough in the main quest.

Is that so? You can change the AI ingame? Thank god!!!!! The "no AI" option was not fun. Thnx Kemo!

JasonNH

Augur
Do anyone know if there is a fast key for rotation and movement for objects?

The numbers 1, 2, 3, and 4 by default are hot keys for select, translate, rotate, and add new object.

Have you figured out a way to change the size of a terrain after creating it?

So I figured out the answer to my question here, and it is slick. When you are working on a level, you can just add new slabs of terrain and then reposition their x, y, and z coordinates to line up adjacent to your initial terrain. So it is like having tile chunks that you can stitch together however you please. It also looks like it will support exporting and importing these terrain chunks, though the icons aren't doing anything for me at the moment. This is beautiful.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom