Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Larian is super embracing this Square Enix "detailed elaboration of angles and points" artistic influence. I never would have expected it from them.

SniperHF

Arcane
Larian is super embracing this Square Enix "detailed elaboration of angles and points" artistic influence. I never would have expected it from them.

It's really hard to know exactly what to expect with D:OS 2 (outside the areas that are locked down) and anything else going forward. They practically imported dozens of different design philosophies with the various hires in Quebec and St. Petersburg.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
I thought they set up Quebec for a different (new) game and Larian aiming for 3(?) titles in development at the same time to have more constant releases.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Larian Quebec are working on D:OS 2 as well, as we saw in Swen's visit there during the Kickstarter campaign. But that might not be the only thing they're working on.

(Realistically though you'd think a new IP is more likely to be hatched at the main HQ in Belgium under Swen's tutelage)

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Maybe Divinity games will be released as CoD. Yearly game, but from different studios each time :P

Last edited:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Maybe Divinity games will be released as CoD. Early game, but from different studios each time :P
Yes, Swen has stated that his current goal is for a Larian RPG to be released every year.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Swen will be at EGX this year: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...ces-divinity-original-sin-2-developer-session

EGX Rezzed 2016 announces Divinity: Original Sin 2 developer session
Ooh lust, lust!

Divinity: Original Sin was a wonderful success, for crowdfunding, for old, deep, role-playing games, and for Belgian developer Larian. With relish, we now await a sequel. And I'm happy to share news that Larian will be presenting Divinity: Original Sin 2 at EGX Rezzed in London in early April.

The thoroughly charming Swen Vincke, creative director and founder of the studio, will take to the stage to talk about the sequel's progress, and about how he's trying to give players pen-and-paper freedom in his story-driven RPG. He's on at 2pm, Friday, 8th April. I don't know what he'll be wearing.

You'll need a £13.50 day-ticket to watch him, but of course watching him isn't the only thing you can do at EGX Rezzed. You'll have stacks of games to play and discover, and creators to meet, in the really rather lovely Tobacco Dock building. There will be other developer sessions to watch, too.

Don't leave it too late to get a ticket because they do sell out. I should mention, for transparency, that EGX Rezzed is a show put on by Gamer Network, the company that owns this website, Eurogamer. In other words, we'll be there - come say hi!

http://www.pcgamer.com/see-divinity-original-sin-2-on-stage-at-the-pc-gamer-weekender/
Hear about Divinity: Original Sin 2 on-stage at the PC Gamer Weekender

Larian's escape from the publishing cycle in favour of crowdfunding and Early Access nearly broke the studio, but the team refused to let Divinity: Original Sin go until every last penny was spent on polishing it up and acting on player feedback. The result was the deepest, systems-driven cRPG to rise from the genre's revival, in which you can just as well smash in a door as faff about picking the lock. And still they polish! Flush with success, Larian has launched into development of Original Sin 2, and you can hear all about how it's pushing the genre further than ever on-stage at the PC Gamer Weekender.

CEO Swen Vincke himself is popping over from Belgium to reveal more about Original Sin 2's progress and give us new insight into its development. He'll be joining a line-up of giants, including X-COM creator Julian Gollop, a wealth of pre-release games on the show floor, such as Dark Souls 3, Umbrella Corps and Worlds Adrift, and the best in PC gaming hardware.

The Weekender will be taking over the Old Truman Brewery in London from March 5-6, and the next 500 tickets are only £9.99. Book here! I'll be there, but don't let that put you off.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
UPDATE: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/larianstudios/divinity-original-sin-2/posts/1486313

Larian has hired Crytek's music guy:

Music to your Ears
Last year we lost Kirill Pokrovsky, a brilliant composer and dear friend. While Kirill will be a part of every game we make, the time has come to pass the mantle to another musical genius. Since our ambitions for the music in Divinity:Original Sin 2 are very high, it took a while but today we're happy to report that we found the perfect fit for the job.

Today, we would proudly like to introduce you to Borislav “Bobby” Slavov!

a9a85c3541ce08f7c295d40fb3f4ea02_original.jpg

Bobby is an award-winning video game composer and music director, having played and composed for Knights of Honor, Two Worlds II, WorldShift, Gothic 3, and most recently, Crysis 2, Crysis 3, and Ryse: Son of Rome.

8e907e1de361f0fe7af6f9c795d50cfb_original.PNG

Apart from his credentials as a music director, Bobby’s work on adaptive music in video games was a thing that really caught our attention. He's developed novel techniques to ensure that music evolves in real time according to players’ actions and decisions in the game. In Divinity: Original Sin 2 his plan is to take this to the next level and we can honestly say that our jaws dropped when he told us what he wants to do. Very cool stuff!

Aenra

Anyone that plays shit like Crysis 2 and 3 here? From that list, i've only played G3 and all i remember was missing G2's music score..which does not bode all that well now does it :)

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Well fuck, he's Bulgarian. I am Bulgarian and I wanted that position!!! Not that I submitted anything to Larian though lulz. His soundtracks are the usual masturbatory pop-laced orchestras, so it doesn't really matter, but eeeh.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
If he's the bloke that did Two Worlds 2, that one was pretty good, too good for the game even.

EDIT: Unarmed Combatants and Juggernauts shafted once again. :negative:

Last edited:

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'd prefer the Bard tbh, the "Summoning Master" is very ...gamey. Something you'd see in WoW or some other MMORPG

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Gender - This big, blue pac man is something that continues to surprise and concern us.

:hmmm: What a ridiculous thing to worry about when your company's making a profit.

How do they tag the gender in the first place? If it isn't from self-reports, the error would be so massive that the data would have no validity whatsoever.

Edit: I see, it was part of the first poll. There's still the problem of lying.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom