Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Really digging the Fortress of Regrets Homestead at the End of Time, has that PST feel to it. The music especially fits well the location.

Is anyone else tired of hearing Arya Stark talk about potatoes everytime they walk by the market in Cyseal?

I think they work rather well to create that marketplace feel. And by the time you're getting bored of them, you should already be somewhere else.

Monkeyfinger

Cipher
-I was swimming in gold at late game, that is one of the biggest problems of most RPGs. There should be some meaningful gold sinks at least like upgrading the home plane, crafting artifacts (which somehow solves random loot) or some artifact seller. And I stopped stealing shit in second map, also left a lot of loot behind like golden spoons and plates.

Gold sink is the merchant in the hall of secrets. She sells a book that gives an extra stat point to whoever reads it, and a book that gives 3 extra skill points to whoever reads it. These books restock every time you level up and cost 10,000 gold each.

BigWeather

Augur
Any other Kickstarter backer from the U.S. still awaiting a boxed version of the game? Larian sent mail on June 30th that the copies had all shipped -- wondering if I should give it a few more days or contact them.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
-I was swimming in gold at late game, that is one of the biggest problems of most RPGs. There should be some meaningful gold sinks at least like upgrading the home plane, crafting artifacts (which somehow solves random loot) or some artifact seller. And I stopped stealing shit in second map, also left a lot of loot behind like golden spoons and plates.

Gold sink is the merchant in the hall of secrets. She sells a book that gives an extra stat point to whoever reads it, and a book that gives 3 extra skill points to whoever reads it. These books restock every time you level up and cost 10,000 gold each.

I always bought that books and bought many items from that undead vendor in front of Hunters Edge. Still had 250.000 at the end of game. Thats without bartering and stopping any real effort to make money (thievery :))

Yeah, sure they are
rapeisanswer.png

Expert Markswomyn

Xir-At-Arms

PowerTorment

Io-Interactive
Patron
Developer
Any other Kickstarter backer from the U.S. still awaiting a boxed version of the game? Larian sent mail on June 30th that the copies had all shipped -- wondering if I should give it a few more days or contact them.

I live en Europe and mine just arrived yesterday. Be patient.

Murk

Arcane
When mining, you can fast forward the animation by switching characters and then selecting the 'miner' again.

107 hours total. and haven't cleared silverglen map yet. :lol: Really digging the stuff.

Lot of things I like about it, so instead I will bitch about the annoying things I faced and hopefully Larian (probably some spergy modder though) will get around to fixing this.

My complaints so far:
skillbar is utter shit 10 at a time...and 30 max. Should be an alternative for 30 at a time. TOME a freeware roguelike has a way better hotkeybar.

Random skillbooks are gay as fuck. Atleast increase the number of skillbooks available at each vendor. In ALL my 107 hours I haven't yet seen flurry or the wolf summon or resurrect skill book at vendors. (yeah crafted the spells... still no flurry)

RPS dialogue minigame sux ballz. Currently need an extra press of space for a traditional roll.Should be an option to disable the minigame...like there is for dual dialouges.

Animation speed is too slow. I wager atleast half of those 107 hours were spent watching my casters perform thier summon dance. if not a slider... atleast an option for 5x animation speed Iin combat
:outrage:

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Nope. No Brandon quest. Bugged maybe or maybe I messed somes quests up? Anyway, mines are under lava now so fuck it.
Btw am I fucked if I dont use T. weapons? Come to think of it, maybe I am. Cant play now so I cant check to remind myself, but those 'void' creatures can be killed only with T. weapons or am I thinking of something else?
Seems I gotta do another "invisible Jahan pyramid run" then. Cause fuck it, after 50 hours I aint restarting.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Nope. No Brandon quest. Bugged maybe or maybe I messed somes quests up? Anyway, mines are under lava now so fuck it.
Btw am I fucked if I dont use T. weapons? Come to think of it, maybe I am. Cant play now so I cant check to remind myself, but those 'void' creatures can be killed only with T. weapons or am I thinking of something else?
Seems I gotta do another "invisible Jahan pyramid run" then. Cause fuck it, after 50 hours I aint restarting.
There is ONE skill book. Try to find it.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron

You got a quest about retirement from him. You cannot kill any void creature any way.
You need t. weapons to destroy some big blood crystal which is powering void demons, you only them them. There are also very few enemies that can resist T.so enhancing weapons with it is useful. If there is a bug about Brandon (or somehow you didn't accepted it, it was a bit shady) go to Accumlate village at north east and find the book about tenebrium. There is a teberium dealer in that village, also they'll start to drop from 16+ enemies.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
K, thx bros. I'll check about that book when I get some play time.
I did do that village like when I was lv 12 or so, the one with 2 elementals guarding the witch. Funny thing about her, I went through 3 different RPS games against her and won so she would not attack me, after I shopped and got some info I dropped a fucking fireball on her head. Just cause she was a bitch. So that book is probably in my inventory now.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
I did do that village like when I was lv 12 or so, the one with 2 elementals guarding the witch. Funny think about her, I went through 3 different RPS games against her and won so she would not attack me, after I shopped and got some info I dropped a fucking fireball on her head. Just cause she was a bitch. So that book is probably in my inventory now.

Nah its not her, just search the shop :) Also she is one annoying bitch, probably RPSed 5 times and I gave up on 5th one which really ended badly for her... and her guards... and rest of the village. :smug:

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
I did do that village like when I was lv 12 or so, the one with 2 elementals guarding the witch. Funny thing about her, I went through 3 different RPS games against her and won so she would not attack me, after I shopped and got some info I dropped a fucking fireball on her head. Just cause she was a bitch. So that book is probably in my inventory now.

No it was hidden in the plain sight and you missed it.

Semper

Cipher
MCA Project: Eternity
You guys can mock all you want but a rock-paper-scissors mini game to determine who 'wins' dialogue 'battles' is lame. There is no defense on it. It certainly isn't old skool.

i am also annoyed by it while playing coop. it simply takes too much time to rps about trivia. plus there're hardly any different remarks in the dialogues. all too often you slog through linear subjects clicking "continue", "continue", "continue", "change subject" or "end". are there even alternate skill/talent/ability locked branches? anyway, the good gameplay keeps me happy.

Kirkpatrick

Cipher
Any tips for Eternal Guardians fight? Lost the book on how to speak to titans (sent to Homestead, and chests were apparently full -- now it's nowhere to be found), and these guys punch hard. It's all fine for Madora, she's at 100+ on all resistances, but others fall easily. I can teleport them away, but just once if they save their points, they can approach and strike one of the three other characters.

Guess I could send Madora alone, but that would last a long time...

EDIT: Do potions effects stack?

EDIT2: At the end, pretty simple, long, but still awesome fight. Got each of the other characters to 100%+ in one of the resistances, and sent them merry way to "their" Guardian. Spells and/or potions were needed there.

Then some summons to soak hits (ice and fire elementals), Oath, flurry, arrow spray (fantastic!!) some teleports and feather falls, and they are done.

Last edited:

Gord

Arcane
I completely missed yesterday's patch. Anyway can't play the next couple of days since I'm out of town.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom