Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

dnf is banned.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
i am very angry about the loss of some dude who posted about wanting to rape 11-year-olds
Sounds hilarious :D . Link plz :D ?

As long as you can talk shit about games and call people consoletard fags, it's not RPGWatch

Believe it or not, people like dnf are not the difference between us and RPGWatch. There's a bit more to it than that.
For those of us who aren't interested in shit games in the first place, they are the most important difference. You have shit taste in games and that's how you always end up playing them and thus have to discuss them.
Someone with such a sophisticated taste in games as I doesn't have such a problem.

For those of us who aren't interested in shit games in the first place, they are the most important difference. You have shit taste in games and that's how you always end up playing them and thus have to discuss them.
Someone with such a sophisticated taste in games as I doesn't have such a problem.

11517.jpg

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
i am very angry about the loss of some dude who posted about wanting to rape 11-year-olds
Don't think your comics will make the grade over at RPGWatch.
first they came for the pedophiles, and I said nothing, because I was not a pedophile
then they came for the people who criticise video games, and I said nothing, because the apparent connection between these things confused me into silence
Is a non sequitur how you handle all forms of criticism?
you're comparing banning pedophiles to banning criticism of video games and I'm the non sequiturer?

(For posterity, yes, I think people who register at ChildRapeCodex.net to do nothing but explain why Mass Effect 2 is bad should also be shown the door)

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Could someone post the link to that post, though? I want to see if it's as hilarious as you guys make it look.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
(For posterity, yes, I think people who register at ChildRapeCodex.net to do nothing but explain why Mass Effect 2 is bad should also be shown the door)

Stanley Woo and Chris Priestley would brofist that if they were here.

Et tu, Rimjob?

He really seems to hate dumb, exaggerated shit nowadays, doesn't he? Also gets really upset whenever Codex makes fun of social justice warriors for some reason.

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
Don't think your comics will make the grade over at RPGWatch.
first they came for the pedophiles, and I said nothing, because I was not a pedophile
then they came for the people who criticise video games, and I said nothing, because the apparent connection between these things confused me into silence
Is a non sequitur how you handle all forms of criticism?
you're comparing banning pedophiles to banning criticism of video games and I'm the non sequiturer?
Huh? No. I said your comics, which are about as gaming related as my anus, wouldn't be acceptable outside of the Codex either. Then you went off on a non sequitur about criticising games.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Twinkie (I think) once called him dicksniffer. In light of the dog incident I thought it was pretty fitting.

[/takes form of kid from The Ring]: you....you Let. Them. Out? The whole purpose of the Codex is to keep this filth trapped inside. Ban them, and you're casting them out where they can cause harm in the real world? How long before they tire of each others' goddawful company and (with the only site that could contain them having now freed their attention by banning them) start using their time 'productively'?

[/nose starts bleeding]

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2

Stanley Woo and Chris Priestley would brofist that if they were here.

Et tu, Rimjob?

He really seems to hate dumb, exaggerated shit nowadays, doesn't he? Also gets really upset whenever Codex makes fun of social justice warriors for some reason.
Yeah, I'm not on the internet as much as I used to be, so whatever bizarre language you people talk is getting less and less comprehensible and just seems weird and trite. Maybe it's my fault as much as anything. I'd like some examples regarding your latter point, though - I probably hate actual internet SJWs more than any other relevant group today, and the last time I remember getting really annoyed on the Codex is when I was the person most successfully trolled by a well-done feminist alt account a while ago, so uh...

Cassidy , let me try again - I also think anyone who registers at FootballCodex.net to complain about how modern trouser manufacturing processes have resulted in a plague of itchy crotches across the developed world should perhaps be asked to leave

Huh? No. I said your comics, which are about as gaming related as my anus, wouldn't be acceptable outside of the Codex either. Then you went off on a non sequitur about criticising games.
Oh, okay, fair enough, misunderstood you, sorry about that. Still not sure what you were really getting at, though - my comics were made by and for the Codex and I don't think they're really that offensive on the whole, just probably incomprehensible to anyone outside. It's not really in the same league as wanting to fuck some sexy kids.

In short:

GgBSqaD.gif

Last edited:

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
the last time I remember getting really annoyed on the Codex is when I was the person most successfully trolled by a well-done feminist alt account a while ago
Ah, Melissan. Good times were had by all (you too I think, at least once you realised you were being trolled).

visions

Arcane
Twinkie (I think) once called him dicksniffer. In light of the dog incident I thought it was pretty fitting.

What is this dog incident I see people referencing? Must have missed it, I try to not browse non-gaming fora too much.

Cassidy

Arcane

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom